PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever got a confused question about your Cobra?

ausie
10-03-2005, 06:42 AM
I have had several people ask me what kind of car I was driving. Most people think it is all aftermarket cosmetic parts added to a basic platform. Some do not realize it is a domestic Ford product. What is the weirdest question you have gotten about your SVT vehicle?

I have gotten a confused person ask me what is a BBS Mustang? I do not think the manufacturer's logo in the wheel hubs defines the model of the car, but in their case it did. Too bad the SVT inserts did not fit the BBS wheels. :doubt:

Yeller'
10-19-2005, 09:26 AM
I have Borla/SVO side exhaust on my car and "SVO" is stamped on the side exhaust ferrings. People are always asking me "What's an SVO Mustang?", "What does SVO stand for?", "Is that some special edition or something?".

SVO is "Special Vehicle Operations", it was basically the predecessor to SVT back in the 80's, they made the turbocharged 4 cyl. SVO Mustangs. Any mustang guy worth his salt knows this.

One time I was at Cunningham Ford here in Knoxville just looking around and had two salesman staring at my car like a cow looks at a new fence. When I walked up they were like "What's SVD?", when I told them it was "SVO", not "SVD", and explained what it was they just looked at me with blank stares.

Mental Note: Stay away from Lance Cunningham Ford.

ausie
10-21-2005, 06:30 AM
That side exhaust looks damn cool. It just seems to blend in just right :thumbsup:

Scott 96Cobra
10-24-2005, 11:53 AM
Ahhhhh,

I had someone come up to me this summer at THIS car show >>> picture >>>

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/13280/blingy1.jpg

And ask me >>> "Is your car a convertable?"

He was serious.

Yeller'
10-24-2005, 05:32 PM
"Is your car a convertable?" He was serious.

You should have said "No, it's not", as seriously as you could and seen how he reacted.:doubt::doubt::doubt:

Scott 96Cobra
10-25-2005, 10:27 AM
You should have said "No, it's not", as seriously as you could and seen how he reacted.:doubt::doubt::doubt:

I was too dumbfounded ...... My jaw was laying on the ground.

Riversnake
10-25-2005, 01:10 PM
Not a Mustang show, but:

While at a Hot Rod show a couple years ago; was looking at this sweet chopped/channelled/blown/injected/ride...guy had a laptop mounted to monitor/adjust engine systems....this late teens looking guy asked the owner...and I kid you not-this is what he asked "Is that (computer) stock?"

:jawdrop: :surprise: :nope: :nope:

Aaron94
10-26-2005, 01:09 PM
When I went to buy my 94 my friend took me in his 95 Cobra. I was inspecting the car, and noticed it was missing the spare tire... I asked the guy, wheres the spare tire? His repsonse was...

¨I dont think it came with one because the brakes are too big...¨

I was shocked... I pointed to my friends 95 and said ¨his cobra has a spare tire¨

¨Does it have cobra brakes?¨

I think the car was relieved to change owners...