PDA

View Full Version : Need Help In Alcoa,tn

mojosvt
10-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Well fellow SCMC family, I am in a little bit of a pickle, and thought I would come to you to see if anybody could offer up some help. As some of you know, I totaled my cobra the last time I came down for the 411:( . To make a long story much, much shorter, The car is still at west Chevy in Alcoa, TN, and will be sitting there for another week or two. My insurance company said that theey would not be able to pay for any of the aftermarket parts, however, they said that I could come down and take off any parts that I could replace with stock parts. I have ALL my stock parts, and hope to replace some of them, and get at least some of my stuff back. Here is where the problem comes in. They are only open 9-5 M-F. I can get down there, for a few days, but with my limited experience working on these cars, it would take me forever to get all the parts off by myself. I have asked all my car friend up north, and nobody can spare 2-3 days to help. I am just wondering if anybody in the area would be able to spare a few hours here and there to help me out. Rick has already been a ray of light into the whole situation, and went over and looked at the car earlier this week, and said that the parts are actually worth getting, and if I am looking at getting another cobra, these parts would save me thousands over new parts. Just let me know if any of ya'll could help, Thanks a ton, Mike "MOJOSVT" Monjot

crutch95
10-06-2005, 02:03 PM
what will it cost you to buy it back i had to do that to my car and i got more out of it doing that my self. i had about 10,000 in after market parts and the the car was worth about 8,000 by it self and they would only give me about 9,000 for it. but i was able to buy it back for 1,500 and take it home and tare it down. i dont know if this will help just something to look at

tnturbo
10-11-2005, 09:47 PM
What kind of parts are you needing to swap out?

On edit, PM me your phone number or call my cell and we can make arrangements. 865-789-9576 Jeff Miller

I've got a couple friends that work at the Cadillac and Ford dealerships on Alcoa highway and I am sure we can get what you need off the car off of it. I work evenings so I am free in the AM most days until noon or so.

dewone
10-12-2005, 07:38 AM
Mike when are you going down to do this. Perhaps I can help. Call me 513-235-5617 cell
Dave DeWitt