PDA

View Full Version : WTF: Is it with people wanting to buy mustangs

scootro
10-06-2005, 01:39 AM
Ok Ive got a 2000 ford mustang gt for sale for $9,500 with 63k miles. I thought this was a very reasonable

price for my mustang, but Im getting eight emails a day and I have my car featured in the local classifieds in my hometown and getting twenty phone calls a week with people asking me if Im willing to TAKE PAYMENTS!!!! WTF Im not a car dealer and dont own a repossession towing business if they decide not to pay for it or wreck it or mainly my car just disappears after one crappy payment. I had to finance my car at a bank just like everyone else and I understand these people have no credit but Im not a bank.. haha..

Who the Hell personally finances there car with the private owner. Obviously somebody sells there cars this way because people have weird notions that this is a acceptable way to buy a car!!!!!

Just wondering what everyone else thinks about this topic

ausie
10-06-2005, 07:59 AM
state it is a cash only deal. If it is a check it must be certified by the bank or a bank check (same thing). They can take out a personal loan from a bank. Do not accept a payment plan since that does you nothing. You need to have the full amount in order to have the title notarized and transfered to the new owner. If they want a payment plan, tell them to go to a dealership and buy one off the lot.

scootro
10-06-2005, 08:34 AM
state it is a cash only deal. If it is a check it must be certified by the bank or a bank check (same thing). They can take out a personal loan from a bank. Do not accept a payment plan since that does you nothing. You need to have the full amount in order to have the title notarized and transfered to the new owner. If they want a payment plan, tell them to go to a dealership and buy one off the lot.i hear ya....... i've gots some low baller pricks bugging everyday.....ITS GETTING OLD.......:mad:

RF Cobra
10-06-2005, 10:00 AM
Tell them you will do the financing.

Terms are: $9,500.00 downpayment and payments of $100.00 a month for 24 months.

Cobra4me
10-06-2005, 07:50 PM
I think in some cases you can get the individual to go to your creditor and apply to take over payments. In that case you are released from the obligation because another individual has assumed the loan. In that case for you to make money from the deal you would have to come up with an amount plus take over payments.

InfamousSVT
10-06-2005, 09:36 PM
Tell them to get a loan and make payments to a bank ;)

dewone
10-07-2005, 02:46 PM
Show me the money.
or
Take a hike.

spitfire
10-07-2005, 07:52 PM
Shure let them make payments, but make the payments high enough to cover your side that you may owe along with interest, and of course storage, because I wouldnt release the car to them till they finish paying it off! :cool:

svtmc-g
10-10-2005, 08:21 AM
Tell them to get a job, a life, and some credit....and then you'll think about it!! Actually, how did you not bust out laughing after they said "can I make payments to you?" I would have laughed....laughed some more....and then went back inside or got in the car WHILE laughing!
Mc-G

scootro
10-10-2005, 11:12 PM
Tell them to get a job, a life, and some credit....and then you'll think about it!! Actually, how did you not bust out laughing after they said "can I make payments to you?" I would have laughed....laughed some more....and then went back inside or got in the car WHILE laughing!
Mc-Gafter the 8th person asking me to take payments.... i wasn't laughing:mad:

dewone
10-11-2005, 08:14 AM
They are just dreaming on your time. If they don't have the money. They can't afford to buy your car. Don't be put out buy that. Someone that can afford, and wants your car, will come along. Just give it time. Don't bankroll anybody thats what the bank is for.

03Redfirevert
10-11-2005, 07:12 PM
If you have an ad for your car somewhere or a sign on your car, put in the ad or on the sign "NO PAYMENTS ACCEPTED"

Maybe that will deter some of the dead beats! ;)