PDA

View Full Version : Track results

Codes
10-08-2005, 03:49 PM
Well, went to the track last night. It was a perfect night for it, clear outside, nice and cool. Since it was my first time out I wanted to mainly work on cutting some good lights. I made 4 passes. My best pass of the night was a 12.3 at 115 mph with a .25 R/T. Thought that was pretty good considering it was my first time out driving a real car. This was all done on stock tires. I had two good races, my third pass of the night I lined up next to a Magnum SRT-8, and lemme tell you what, stock cobras (do we even have any of those here) need to watch out. I ran a 12.5 and he was right on my bumper, I had a crappy R/T (something like .5) and he got me off the line but I reeled him in and passed him around 3/4 down the track. Very quick cars, and it was completely stock, it still had dealer plates on it. I cant imagine what one of those things will be able to do with an intake and exhaust. I also ran up against a cocky 05 Mustang GT owner thats from around my area. Ran a 12.3 and left him eating my dust. He was pissed...overall a great night. Had an awesome time. Maybe next time some of you guys can make it out.

93KingCobra
10-08-2005, 04:47 PM
Way to go Codes those are some great time!!! Maybe next time we can meet ya'll there...

spitfire
10-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Way to represint! Wish I was there! :thumbsup:

cobrapace94
10-08-2005, 05:31 PM
Good times there Cody...
Weather is getting good for fast times :thumbsup:

99CobraCrazy
10-09-2005, 12:43 AM
I know what you mean about those SRT-8's. I have a modified '99...most everything except a blower and MAN..it was all I could do to not let him pass me. Something else that is quite potent..Mitsubishi Evolution HOLY CRAP!

Codes
10-09-2005, 01:35 AM
Thanks for the comments guys, yea, we need to all get out there before it gets hot again:mad:

I went back tonight with the SRT-4, I just cant get the hang of launching that thing. I wanted to take the Focus but this morning I walk out there to find a nice big puddle of antifreeze under it. My best times with the SRT were a .21 R/T with a 14.4 E/T at 97 mph. That thing is just a ***** to launch.