PDA

View Full Version : confused about pullies

Cobra4me
10-08-2005, 11:56 PM
I need help with decisions on a possible pulley swap for the stock Eaton. I have done some reading at svtp and elsewhere. I have looked at billetflow's website. What do I need to buy to change pullies. I am leaning toward a 2.93 upper but after that I am confused. What else do I need? Can someone kindly tell me all the things that I need to accomplish this mod. What kind of programmer, idler pullies, 4lb lower pulley?? Possibly I will buying these things separately because of cost. I need someone with experience to walk this dumba$$ through this Help!!!

Dave B.
10-09-2005, 12:22 AM
First of all you must understand, that there really is no such thing as changing just "one" thing in most circumstances, I have been thru a lot with my 03,,, I would only buy pulleys from Billetflow,

I recommend that buy a 2.76 supercharger pulley, of course you could do a 2.93 but most likley you will want to get a 2.76 later, so I would just skip the hassle and go for the 2.76 to start with,, but you cannot run either one without an Aux-Idler pulley or your belt will slip like hell,, then if you do not change out the stock cheesy idlers that are on the belt I think there are three others you stand a very good chance of one of the stock idlers collapsing as they cannot stand up to the pressure,,,NOT a good thing to have happen,,,then you need a programer something like a Predator,

after all that you will have a lot more HP, So you want to buy an entire pulley kit set from Billetflow, doing it any other way is going to leave you wishing you did,,,,and what ever you do,,,Stay away from Motoblue pulleys, their bearings do not last.,,,,by the way,,I would not mess with the lower pulley

cobra2112
10-09-2005, 08:20 AM
Predator for Sale here!

blk04cobra1
10-09-2005, 08:59 AM
It just depends on how much boost you wanna run...also, if you swap the blower pulley, i would suggest getting the 4 idlers as well b/c it will help wrap the belt tight around the blower pulley and prevent the belt from slipping under full load...as far as a lower (crank pulley), that's your call b/c you should change your alternator pulley when you do this...2.76 I believe yields 12-13lbs of boost (compared to 8-9lbs stock)...you can a 2lb lower and see 14-15lbs and so on...PM me if you need someone to install the pulleys and get you a tune...oh yeah, you'll also want to get a new tune for the upgrades (tuners include, diablo, sct, sniper, superchips...):thumbsup:

spitfire
10-09-2005, 09:16 AM
I installed the cog pullie set from RPM outlet, it works great for me, I get up to 16psi on a stock Eaton. Of course I ugraded my cooling system, to help keep it cool at those pressures. But the cog for me has been the best. :thumbsup:

It comes with all the pullies and brackets, including the altinator and the crank, but it is extremly pricey, but well worth it, for me itīs the last pullie set I will ever need!

93KingCobra
10-09-2005, 12:56 PM
Billetflow pully puller for sale here!!! Never been used....

Linn@Amazon
10-09-2005, 05:51 PM
your choice of pullies will depend on whether you want an interchangable unit which is a hub that has a pulley ring bolted to it or a press on...we only stock Reichard Racing pullies because it is the original patented pulley that gives you all the features of the ultra gripping surface. It is a press on pulley in tumbled natural aluminum which gives it a silver polished look. this pulley will not fade or scratch with time

you can have this pulley installed professionally at our shop for less than you will have to invested if you buy a pulley puller and have the piece of mind knowing that it is being done by someone who has changed thousands of them..

Depending on what size pulley you decide you will also need to have the car reprogrammed for any size 3.20 or smaller...Most people are going with hand held reflashers these days rather than chips because of the tweaking and datalogging capabilites they offer..We tune with Diablosport and SCT for whatever your preference might be..Rick has been tuning 03 Cobras almost exclusively since 2002 and has alot of knowledge and experience with all the ins and outs of tuning these remarkable vehicles.

if you would like to discuss your options Id be happy to talk to you if you want to contact us @ 864 332 0955

Pro-Dyno
10-09-2005, 09:41 PM
Definitely install idler pulleys it will save you a lot of headache down the road and donít waste your time with a mail order tune find a reputable tuner and have it custom tuned you will be much happier and donít forget to change your spark plugs to something colder with a smaller gap around 32-35 gap

:thumbsup:

Cobra4me
10-09-2005, 09:41 PM
your choice of pullies will depend on whether you want an interchangable unit which is a hub that has a pulley ring bolted to it or a press on...we only stock Reichard Racing pullies because it is the original patented pulley that gives you all the features of the ultra gripping surface. It is a press on pulley in tumbled natural aluminum which gives it a silver polished look. this pulley will not fade or scratch with time

you can have this pulley installed professionally at our shop for less than you will have to invested if you buy a pulley puller and have the piece of mind knowing that it is being done by someone who has changed thousands of them..

Depending on what size pulley you decide you will also need to have the car reprogrammed for any size 3.20 or smaller...Most people are going with hand held reflashers these days rather than chips because of the tweaking and datalogging capabilites they offer..We tune with Diablosport and SCT for whatever your preference might be..Rick has been tuning 03 Cobras almost exclusively since 2002 and has alot of knowledge and experience with all the ins and outs of tuning these remarkable vehicles.

if you would like to discuss your options Id be happy to talk to you if you want to contact us @ 864 332 0955 thanks will call first of the week