PDA

View Full Version : Have you all seen what 03-04 Cobras are selling for?

Dave B.
10-09-2005, 09:48 PM
If you go to Autotrader online, and type in that your looking for an 03 or 04 Cobra, you will be very surprised to see almost all the used ones with miles on them are going for more money than they cost new or there abouts taking the miles on them into consideration,

theres one 03 red anniversary edition just like mine before all the mods,
take a look at the one there for $43,885 with 2,375 miles on it, this car has gone up about $12,000 in value if you take the miles on it into consideration,

I cannot seem to get a link to work, but if you go to the site below, and do a search for an 03-04 Cobra Mustang, you will find the one im talking about, but you will also see others that are going for a lot or $$$$
some with like 28,000 miles are selling for almost what they cost new, iv just never seen this before on anything Mechanical.

www.autotrader.com

ausie
10-10-2005, 06:56 AM
supply and demand. If nobody wanted one it would be cheap. Also, since they are built in limited numbers they become collector's items. Think of it this way, it is the first factory built mustang with a supercharger on it (excluding any proto-types). From a collector's perspective it will have more value if stock than modified. I would not doubt that you will end up seeing them within 20 years at Barret/Jackson auctions going for much more. Since the 03 model year was the first production of the supercharged 4.6 it may have more value than the Shelby 500GT unless the 500GT is built in much smaller quantities. Also the 03/04's were the last production runs of that body style. So face it, you own a piece of history that is worth keeping. :thumbsup:

svtmc-g
10-10-2005, 07:30 AM
There's a Sonic Blue 03' for sale here. It has about 30k miles and they want $30,000 for it! I want it bad!! I want alot of cars though!!haha The thing is...it's been sitting there for over a year!
Matt

Fig
10-10-2005, 02:22 PM
I have been watching the prices on the 03's for the a while. It was amazing how the prices actually went up on anything Mustang related when the new body style came out. The prices over the last month have just started to come down. I am hoping to be in the market for one in the next few months. I watch the listings on cars.com, today there are 5 03's for 24k and one nice modified one for 22k. I think the prices for the Cobra's will again go up once the Shelby Mustang comes out. I better get to buying.

cobracrazy
10-11-2005, 10:02 AM
I am selling my Black 03' Vert Cobra. I am trying to get 26k dollars.
It is nearly stock. Info below...

I am only selling because I am going to buy a Factory Five Challenge Race Car.

- 03' Black Vert Cobra
- 25k Miles
- Garage kept/Adult Driven/Never at the track
- Tinted Windows
- Interior trim upgrades
- Steeda Exhaust/Cat Back
- K&N Air Intake
- Still under Warranty

PM if interested...

Fig
10-11-2005, 05:55 PM
Nice ride, I wish I was ready. Good luck with the racing. I am sure anyone that loves the Cobra Mustang, would love to have a Factory Five in the driveway. Those spec racers look like the way to go racing.

Dave B.
10-11-2005, 10:02 PM
If you look at Auto trader, I would say 26K is too low, people will think theres something wrong with it if you ask too little,,

cobracrazy
10-11-2005, 10:58 PM
LOL The car is perfect I just want the pay off. I have to sell before buying the race car, so the wife says. I know verts are about 5k more than coupes but... Anyone that wants a deal come and get it!!

If not I'll just keep it. If gas wasn't so bad I would sell my Honda and use the Cobra for commuting. :thumbsup:

ausie
10-12-2005, 05:58 AM
I am selling my Black 03' Vert Cobra. I am trying to get 26k dollars.
It is nearly stock. Info below...

I am only selling because I am going to buy a Factory Five Challenge Race Car.

- 03' Black Vert Cobra
- 25k Miles
- Garage kept/Adult Driven/Never at the track
- Tinted Windows
- Interior trim upgrades
- Steeda Exhaust/Cat Back
- K&N Air Intake
- Still under Warranty

PM if interested...
I am sure your price is reasonable, but do not under sell the price. A low selling price off the bat may think it was in a wreck, or in a flood. Keep it in the range that others are selling for but allow the buyer the leverage if they want to talk down the deal. Your asking price $26k should be the floor of the barganing. If you play the game right, you could probably sell it for more. If it looks too good to be true they consumer will think illogically about the deal and pass it up.

Dave B.
10-12-2005, 09:35 PM
that what Im saying also,,people who are looking for one of those cars, have been looking at all the regular sorces for them,,they see what the prices are going for,

then you come along, and have a much lower price than what the rest are going for,,,,,,must be something wrong with it right?? thats your problem,,

You must understand it this way,,,theses cars are NOT,,,,basic transportation

you should go on autotrader online, compare your car to a few others in the same mileage range, and ask a price right slap in the middle

blk04cobra1
10-13-2005, 09:09 AM
Cobracrazy...I want yours as my second Cobra...Im dying for a vert and my wife tells me NO :mad: ...I think your asking price is very fair especially for a vert...good luck :thumbsup:

cobracrazy
10-13-2005, 10:39 AM
What I need to do is sell my Honda and keep the Cobra!!
I am really not trying very hard to sell it. I will find it hard to part with...

blk04cobra1
10-13-2005, 07:13 PM
that's funny...i would have to sell my Honda to get yours...:rotf:

davelegguy
10-14-2005, 12:01 PM
autotrader. com has some pie in the sky asking prices. There are at least 45 03/04 cobras on ebay right now, including mystychromes and anniversery ones. the only one that is asking above list is one with less than 2000 miles on it with $50,00.00 worth of aftermarket work and nearly 800 rwhp. I never fooled myself into thinking I would make any money off of any car I might be able to afford. It's all about fun and satisfaction for me. I do get bored and am always looking for the next toy. These are great cars but there are many greater cars in the pipeline :bounce:

0103SVT
10-14-2005, 08:36 PM
All I know is that I'm having a hard time selling my 03 Vert with 16k miles for $28 and there's nothing wrong with it.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=190029165&dealer_id=56973640&car_year=2003&model=MUST&bkms=1129336469832&lang=en&isp=y&start_year=1981&certified=&search_type=both&distance=25&make=FORD&min_price=&sponsorModel=&address=79602&advanced=&end_year=2006&max_price=&cardist=0

Dave B.
10-14-2005, 09:17 PM
Did those Black Bullet wheels come on your Black Cobra?
I know when I was looking to buy a Lotus Turbo Esprit, about two years ago, there were a few lotus esprits that were blacked out,sort of like yours,

they never did sell for the money the brighter cars were selling for, I know you like it, but I dont think most people like an all blacked out car, plus those black bullet wheels did not come on the Cobra at any point, in fact was it not the Bullet mustang that came with those blacked out bullet wheels?

If so,,and I hate to say it this way, but it looks like you took wheels off a cheaper car and put them on a more expensive one, bet you would sell it faster if you put some shiny wheels back on

0103SVT
10-14-2005, 09:51 PM
Actually everybody I've come across that has seen it in person likes the bullitts more then the stock wheels. Trust me, those pics do it no justice. I even had one of my good friends tell me he didn't like it when he saw the pics, then when he came home and saw it in person he was like :eek: looks tons better then the pics you showed.

It had the stock wheels when I bought it but I put those on the GT that we traded because we didn't like the stock wheels.