PDA

View Full Version : Sweetness...

97CasperCobra
10-10-2005, 11:56 AM
got me a job that's accomodating to my school schedule. Going back to work for the structural engineer that Tam and I used to work for. The pay is really nice so I looks like in a week I'll be able to pay for MSR :thumbsup: , then save up for new brakes for the Cobra and fix whatever needs to be done to get it running right, AND then it's off to the Austin cruise :woot: :cheers: .

Even though the day is gloomy outside it's been a good one for me. Now time to go put the rear axle that's sitting in my garage back in the Cobra. :D

Also left a note for the guy with the M3 that was chasing Jimmy around about the track date so him and his brother(dark blue Lightning) can make it out. :thumbsup:

spitfire
10-10-2005, 03:12 PM
Congratulations, Hope it works out perfect for you! :D :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
10-10-2005, 08:03 PM
Good for you Mike!!!

Sweetness is right!!!

97CasperCobra
10-10-2005, 09:18 PM
AND....to make the day even better the new urathane bushings are in the diff housing and the rear end is ready to go back into the Cobra. Nothing like taking a sledge hammer to some bushings to "pursuade" them to get in the hole. The car should be on the ground Wed night with the new bushings and aluminum driveshaft. I'll also have the undercarriage cleaned it off and it spic & span...might as well since I've dismantled everything. Gotta get ready for the car show. :D

Next up is installing the rear seat delete this weekend. :thumbsup:

Firme
10-11-2005, 08:45 AM
You go Mike!!! :thumbsup:

svt tam
10-11-2005, 09:45 AM
Looks like the whole gang is coming back to work for RMAC. Pat and I are on contract with Rod too. We get to draw without all the BS. Can't beat that. :thumbsup:

ORANGE CRUSH
10-11-2005, 10:52 AM
Good for you dude.:thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
10-11-2005, 04:31 PM
Looks like the whole gang is coming back to work for RMAC. Pat and I are on contract with Rod too. We get to draw without all the BS. Can't beat that. :thumbsup:

Yea Rod called me asking me to come back. I set down my "requirements" and he agreed to them so I start work tomorrow. Now if only I can decide what to buy first for a mod..... :(

cobrapace94
10-11-2005, 04:52 PM
Congrats on the job Mikey.. :thumbsup: Hope it all works out for you.

97CasperCobra
10-11-2005, 05:02 PM
Congrats on the job Mikey.. :thumbsup: Hope it all works out for you.

yea the whole job wasn't too bad actually. The car's been on jackstands for 2 months but I've probably worked on it for about 20 or so hours. New bushings all way around, new '04 front lower control arms, new upper rear control arms, H&R Supersports back in and the Aluminum Driveshaft installed. Should ride a LOT nicer now.

Thanks to Jimmy and James(FSTFRD) for their help along the way...and to Larry for the torque wrench. :thumbsup: Good to know you've got friends who'll help ya out when you need it.

03 cobra toy
10-11-2005, 05:05 PM
:thumbsup: Cool man!!

Levi
10-11-2005, 05:13 PM
That's great, glad to hear you got work.

Now if only I can decide what to buy first for a mod..... :(

I know where your coming from. If it's not one thing, it's another. :D

97CasperCobra
10-11-2005, 05:35 PM
I know where your coming from. If it's not one thing, it's another. :D

I have a list...gonna spend a few hundred before the track(Steeda sway bar, K-member brace, MM tie rod ends)..then next summer it's gonna be off the hook. :thumbsup: