PDA

View Full Version : What's your job?

Stavesacre21
10-11-2005, 05:31 AM
This one is more outta curiosity then anything, but I know that there always seems to be alot of money flowing through this board at any given time. Not that I'm asking how much anyone makes,

...but I was curious as to what everyone does for a living when yur not out whippin on poor prey. :p And also, if you don't mind sayin, how many years you been doin so?

As for me, I'm a Radiologic Technologist (R), which includes X-rays, Cat Scans, and soon to be... MRI's. :thumbsup: It brings home the bread :rolleyes: Oh yea, and it's only been about a year and a 1/2, so i'm still kinda nooob to the working world :eek:

dewone
10-11-2005, 07:25 AM
Engineering. High Voltage. Most of my customers are utilities, or large power users like steel mills, paper mills, water plants, & chemical plants. Been doing it for a lets see to long. 29 years. Gee thats to long now that you ask maybe I need a career change. Like Wal Mart greeter, or Plam tree inspector.

Firme
10-11-2005, 07:38 AM
Network Admin. Yeah, I get calls at 3 in the morning from time to time. :o

Riversnake
10-11-2005, 07:48 AM
I do 3D Engineering models for a major fastener company. Mostly Catia and AutoCAD work.

Big Daddy
10-11-2005, 08:39 AM
Work??? What's that? I get paid to tell people what they are doing wrong in their business's! ACTUALLY, I am a Project Manager for ERP software implementations in the Healthcare field.

Quiz-who can tell me what ERP stand for??? ;)

beerkat
10-11-2005, 08:42 AM
What's a Job? :confused: My wife works so I can play.:thumbsup:

Stavesacre21
10-11-2005, 08:53 AM
Quiz-who can tell me what ERP stand for??? ;)
what is Enterprise Resource Planning

....thank you very much....I'll take "American Literature" for 4800... :p

nckissfan
10-11-2005, 08:56 AM
I do grunt work:)

I am a meat cutter for Sam's Club. I love my job.:thumbsup: I have been working there for a little over four years. I worked in the restaurant/bar business for 13 years prior to that.

93KingCobra
10-11-2005, 09:30 AM
I build homes for a living or better yet I tell them how it's done...Construction Manager.

03Redfirevert
10-11-2005, 10:31 AM
I am a Workers' Compensation Claims Supervisor. I have been in this field for 13 years. I like my job a lot!

Husband is a computer geek - the one who also gets calls at 3am from time to time! :D

black94cobra
10-11-2005, 10:42 AM
I am the Director of Engineering and Building Inspection for the Town of Waxhaw, NC which is the fastest growing town within the 20th fastest growing county in the country. And I thought after 27 years of doing civil design work I would take a government job and slow down a little.
wrong!! :doubt:

nckissfan
10-11-2005, 02:36 PM
hey you know that Waxhaw is the gateway to Marvin, right?:rotf:

black94cobra
10-11-2005, 03:12 PM
Ha! :bounce: I didn't know that anyone knew where Marvin is because if you live in Marvin you still have a Waxhaw address since they have no post office or anything else that I can think off.

Cobra4me
10-11-2005, 05:30 PM
I guess my occupation is dull in comparison to above careers, I my case restaurant general manager. Been in the business for over 30 years. I have been with Cracker Barrel for 8 years, never a dull moment!

03Redfirevert
10-11-2005, 06:11 PM
Trust me, there is never a dull moment in workers' compensation!!

;)

tazzracing1
10-11-2005, 07:25 PM
Industrial mechanic for Minute Maid (Coke Cola) 5yrs there for a total of 11yrs in the business and 6yrs as a 63b in the Army and 7yrs in the National Guard.

Lumpydogs
10-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Director of Quality for an automotive plastics extruder.

InfamousSVT
10-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Graphic Desinger / Illustrator................logos, illustrations, etc.....

I used to do Patent Illustrations---> www.globalpatentgraphics.com (http://www.globalpatentgraphics.com/)

smashedheadcat
10-11-2005, 09:20 PM
I am a crew chief on the Lockheed Martin KC-130 J Hercules. I fly, conduct emergency procedures, perform maintenance on ALL systems of the aircraft without supervision. I am a Sgt in the USMC. Been at it for 6 years and a little change. And of course.... I've got my fair share of phone calls at 3am. :mad:

RF Cobra
10-12-2005, 12:22 AM
Controller for a residential construction company.

Since we got rid of the land line a few years ago and I turn off the cell phones at night, if anyone calls at 3 a.m. they can talk to Verizon's voice mail system as long as they want. :)

ausie
10-12-2005, 06:50 AM
Electrical Design Engineer for over 10 years for a small company in the Philidelphia area. I do R&D, design special parts, software development, and Printed circuit board layouts. I work on the projects from concept stage all the way to manufacturing. As long as it is challenging I am happy. Sometimes I think I work too much.

svtmc-g
10-14-2005, 01:21 PM
I am a 28 year old trucker and I've been at it for 7 years. I do part time stuff to make ends meet and play with the Snake.

I am also a pro level studio drummer for recording sessions. I've been a drummer for 24 years(started at 4 and self-taught)This will be my main job within the next 5 years...can you say $10,000 per record...and that's mid level pay.

AND, on the weekends I am a Sound Engineer in live and recording studio situations. I also use to tour in a band at a pro level...I once played at a festival for 90,000 people...not kidding:)

I'm a busy guy...
go check out two of my songs(written all by me)...they play automatically..HERE (http://www.myspace.com/mattmcguyer) I played every instrument, did all the singing and recorded it in my house on a cheap mulit tracker! enjoy!!!!
Mc-G

93KingCobra
10-14-2005, 01:55 PM
I am a 28 year old trucker and I've been at it for 7 years. I do part time stuff to make ends meet and play with the Snake.

I am also a pro level studio drummer for recording sessions. I've been a drummer for 24 years(started at 4 and self-taught)This will be my main job within the next 5 years...can you say $10,000 per record...and that's mid level pay.

AND, on the weekends I am a Sound Engineer in live and recording studio situations. I also use to tour in a band at a pro level...I once played at a festival for 90,000 people...not kidding:)

I'm a busy guy...
go check out two of my songs(written all by me)...they play automatically..HERE (http://www.myspace.com/mattmcguyer) I played every instrument, did all the singing and recorded it in my house on a cheap mulit tracker! enjoy!!!!
Mc-G

Sounds good man you have alot of talent :thumbsup:

Riversnake
10-14-2005, 03:31 PM

I'm a busy guy...
Mc-G
Cool! I live about 3 minutes from both Muscle Shoals Sound and Fame Recording Studios in Muscle Shoals AL. I work with the wife of one of Bob Segar's guitarists, Pete Carr. He was just inducted into the Alabama Music Hall of Fame earlier this year.

sssvtcobra
10-14-2005, 06:40 PM
I'm in what I guess what you would call mid-lower management for a local Weyerhaeuser plant. I manage 45 people in my department/shift. I've been doing the actual title job for little over a year, and been in the management level for over 4. I LOVE my job!! Never a dull moment! And I've had calls in the middle of the night from my back-ups and my direct Supervisor of the shift. He's #1, I'm #2.

Cobra4me
10-14-2005, 07:58 PM

I'm a busy guy...
Mc-G Matt you're a talented guy. Remember us small people when you become big.
Robbie

svtmc-g
10-17-2005, 06:53 AM
Hey thanks Rob. I can't forget the Cobra crew! If I ever do...we'll have a big ass party somewhere. And, I will hopefully have a sick car collection. I love dreaming...but in all seriousness...thanks for your comments! Means alot. I've taught myself everything musically and I've worked very hard to be pro!
Mc-G

Yeller'
10-19-2005, 09:06 AM
As for me, I'm a Radiologic Technologist

Me too, I am also a Nuclear Medicine Tech... which is what I do at the moment.

What's a Job? My wife works so I can play.

Aww man, talk about having it made...

crutch95
10-19-2005, 11:06 AM
I work for the Carolina Panthers and im a operational and set up of clubs management and many other things. I love it I get to see all the games for free.

wvmystichrome
10-20-2005, 08:18 PM
I have worked in a bank for 23 years next month. Jobs I do and titles I have are many. Such as:

BSA Compliance Officer
Security Officer
Data Processing Manager
Computer Operations Supervisor
Networking person

and too many others to list. A bankers job gets no thanks and not a whole heck of a lot of pay for the hours worked. It is a tough industry any more with competition booming on all sides. The technology that is in banking is increasing by leaps and bounds. The people applying for job openings either won't accept the pay management offers or they quit after anywhere from one day to a few weeks on the job. Stress levels are very high and customers can be very rude. Its a job that has its rewards and benefits though.

cobra9793
10-24-2005, 03:52 PM
Not much of a position name for me. I'm just a firefighter. Thats about it.

Chad_XFoA
11-11-2005, 12:11 PM
ok here we go:

I work for Gold Kist Farms Inc. (during the day) as a Remote Helpdesk Analyst

Then I run White-Field Web and Graphic design with Benefold

I help to Manage www.xfoa.net

Then my wife and I maintain my fathers rental homes (carpet cleaning, basic clean up, light painting, ect...

Then on top of all that I run a E-bay business selling Magnaflow and Flowmaster parts. Message me for the best prices including shipping.

And I help to run my churches Media Team.

JPGCCobra
11-11-2005, 11:51 PM
I am an aviation electronics technician 2nd class in the US Navy. My normal job is the repair of radar, GPS and communication systems on various aircraft. For the next 3 yrs, though, I am a recruiter. :thumbsup:

Stavesacre21
11-12-2005, 05:25 AM
Not much of a position name for me. I'm just a firefighter. Thats about it.
Hey there's nothin wrong with that!....I was actaully counting on one hand all the jobs i've actually heard of thus far! :eek:

Bro's a firefighter too....takes guts! :cool:

venomous
11-12-2005, 08:54 AM
I'm a carpenter. :cool:

1-QIK-SNK
11-12-2005, 09:41 AM
service and install wood and gas fireplaces.

johnbasf
11-12-2005, 11:03 AM
Pipefitter/Plumber/Field Superintendant.......... With this company 24 years but have been doing it 31 years... Yes, I'm broke down... :rotf:

johnbasf
11-12-2005, 11:04 AM
I work for the Carolina Panthers and im a operational and set up of clubs management and many other things. I love it I get to see all the games for free.

Free tickets for the SCMC membbers...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: The Atlanta game will do. :D :D

john_anch_ak
11-16-2005, 07:36 PM
I spent 20 years as a structural/pipe weldor with about 8 years up at Prudhoe Bay and Kuparuk. Then I switched careers and gotinto networking and computers, been working for Wells Fargo Services in Alaska for the last 9+ years.

John