PDA

View Full Version : how,when and why?

03slidewayzSVT
10-11-2005, 06:33 PM
Has any one noticed that on 03/04 cobra's in the stock exhaust tips there is a pipe inside a pipe and in between those is PACKING stuff. How do i get it out? packing material and inner pipe. I think it would look better without it.:rolleyes:

03slidewayzSVT
10-11-2005, 09:27 PM
no one has seen this I'm I the only one thats heard and seen it??????:bounce:

InfamousSVT
10-11-2005, 09:35 PM
That is the stock baffles that come in the pipes......Like the Bassani you can remove them, the stock baffles are welded in. If you remove them it will be louder, but I beleive if you try to remove the stock baffles then you would end up ruining the tips in the process.

ausie
10-13-2005, 07:36 AM
I did not think of the assembly as a baffle, I just thought that it was packing material between the pipe and the tip to reduce vibration. I have both the 04 and 01 cat back sitting in my basement (still) since I have yet figured out a way to reduce them into parts for removal. The 01 exhaust does not have this packing and pipe extension inside the tip. Even though both look identical, I believe that the 03/04 has more restrictive mufflers since the 01 was much louder than the 04 off the lot.

The best way to remove it is to take the entire cat-back off and replace it completely with an aftermarket kit which sounds much better and looks great. Just a reminder: some who have the convertable do not like having too loud of an exhaust.