PDA

View Full Version : 96 cobra kenne bell kit

bcstrong
10-12-2005, 05:15 AM
Was looking to put on a KB '96 cobra kit because i like the sounds of the power curve w/that type of blower the only problem i have is that the 96 cobra kit doesn't come with an intercooler as an option so i was wondering what boost level would be safe to run (taking into account air charge temp) w/out a intercooler but using a highflow rad w/ a dual fan setup and water wetter and a low temp (160deg) thermostat or is there a way to plumb in theintercooler from the 96 gt kit or plumb in some some of aftermarket intercooler device

Lights of speed
10-12-2005, 12:01 PM
get a vortech!

tcrews
10-12-2005, 08:35 PM
Forget the lower thermostat, that's not going to help anything especially since these engines are designed to run at a higher temperature. I belive stock is 190 degrees....keep that.

As for the KB...8psi is about as much as you should run on that blower. It's a very small blower and you'll start pushing it out of its efficiency range any higher than that. There also is no by-pass vavle for the KB which is another bad thing about it. As for cooling you could do one of the water-alcohol injection devices...but still the blower is relatively small and shouldn't be spun much faster. 8psi, with good exhaust and tuning you can get 400rwhp. They really really aren't designed to make more than that.