PDA

View Full Version : news from slaters

AirForce1
10-12-2005, 02:49 PM
my pistons and piston rings look fine but they said that i have egg shaped cilinders. so thy have to send it to a machine shop. I was hoping to have the car back by next weekend for Joe Mires show :cool: but i dont think they will be done in time.:( alen and cris said that it was caused by detonation because it was tuned to a highter octain then 93. and the only one that had tuned it was hp. so i dont know what octain level they set it at. i am crossing my fingures to see if I can make the Austin cruse. well i'll keep you guys posted.

97CasperCobra
10-12-2005, 02:56 PM
cilinders. Joe Mires highter octain octain fingures Auston cruse.

Boy I hope you're just doing this b/c you know we hate it..... :(

Cylinders, Joe Myers, higher octane, octane, fingers, Austin cruise

Sorry to hear, but glad they found the problem. Let's play safe with the car when you get it back. :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
10-12-2005, 03:02 PM
my pistons and piston rings look fine but they said that i have egg shaped cilinders. so thy have to send it to a machine shop.

If you have detonation damage the 1st thing that gets hurt is the top of the piston.... Aluminum(piston) is much softer than Iron(cylinder liner)....

Perhaps you miss understood???

Maybe the pistons were "not that bad"... compared to some they have seen...

Either way if you have cylinders that need an over bore.... you will be buying new pistons too...

Make sure they use a torque plate!!! for both the over bore and the final hone!!!

And I would upgrade to ARP2000 rod bolts and billet oil pump gears ... while you are "in there".

Evilcartman
10-12-2005, 04:08 PM
Whayt ded hee sa? :dunno:

ORANGE CRUSH
10-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Whayt ded hee sa? :dunno:

He sy he goin to toke you ass to the trak and drag tht ass and you wil loss.:D

jimmysidecarr
10-12-2005, 06:45 PM
Communicate quickly and effectively with good old American English spelled correctly...

helpful link--> http://www.petri.co.il/add_spell_checking_to_internet_explorer.htm

cobrapace94
10-12-2005, 08:53 PM
I just might have to stop by Slaters on my way home to see what they really said.. :D Too bad on the motor.
I've heard about quite a few cars tuned by HP that have had problems, too agressive of a tune & detonation causing motor problems. Job security?

Evilcartman
10-12-2005, 09:25 PM
The best thing every invented.

http://www.iespell.com/

AirForce1
10-13-2005, 11:42 AM
I just might have to stop by Slaters on my way home to see what they really said.. :D Too bad on the motor.
I've heard about quite a few cars tuned by HP that have had problems, too agressive of a tune & detonation causing motor problems. Job security?
I went there yesterday and they are going to bore the motor 20 over and put new pistons in. Chris told me that with the new low conpression pistons that i would loose 70 hp with the eaton blower.:( so he said it would help to put a kb on now. :D He also said that i could do stage 2 cams and longtubes and get back about 50-55 hp, but i dont realy wand to spend $2500-$3000 for 50 hp. That is about 3/4s of a kb, and i might get shorty headers insted of longtubes or midlenghs because that i wont neek a tubular k-member. So if anyone wants go to slaters and see the car be my guest its not going anywere for at least 3 weeks or more. :(

Firme
10-13-2005, 11:59 AM
Which pistons are you getting put in? What is the dish on them?

What Compression are you going to have when they install them?

The 70 hp loss with Eaton on the new compression makes no sense since your car already came with low compression pistons (8.5:1)

jimmysidecarr
10-13-2005, 01:28 PM

The 70 hp loss with Eaton on the new compression makes no sense since your car already came with low compression pistons (8.5:1)

Ditto!!!

Ask what is the piston dish volume and what is the comp ratio they are getting... you do not want a comp ratio below 8.5.... in fact 9.0 to 1 would be better than 8.0 to 1...

AirForce1
10-13-2005, 02:15 PM
we are going to work things out on monday. i'll let you know.:thumbsup:

AirForce1
10-13-2005, 04:54 PM
Boy I hope you're just doing this b/c you know we hate it..... :(

Cylinders, Joe Myers, higher octane, octane, fingers, Austin cruise

Sorry to hear, but glad they found the problem. Let's play safe with the car when you get it back. :thumbsup:You now I only do it for you mikey.:rolleyes: and i dont plan on doing any thing to the motor for a long time when i get it back. :rolleyes: .....ok maby a couple things inside but nothing to the motor after i get a kb.:p

03 cobra toy
10-13-2005, 10:16 PM
Communicate quickly and effectively with good old American English spelled correctly...

helpful link--> http://www.petri.co.il/add_spell_checking_to_internet_explorer.htm

Edman ,

Can we get spellll chech lik the Viper guys havs :D

http://www.viperalley.com/ubbthreads.php

97CasperCobra
10-13-2005, 10:46 PM
maby a couple things inside but nothing to the motor after i get a kb.:p

I'd say screw the KB...fix your car then make sure it's running right before you go putting mods into it. and maybe before the KB get some "safety mods" in case another ditch gets in your way.

It's not all about trying to be as fast as someone. :rolleyes:

ORANGE CRUSH
10-14-2005, 01:26 AM

Double Ditto!

AirForce1
10-14-2005, 12:16 PM
well it lookes like i might have a car to take to the show next weekend. Doug just bough a 2004 Saleen white with white weels. :thumbsup: it is not fast but it lookes so good.

97CasperCobra
10-14-2005, 12:29 PM
well it lookes like i might have a car to take to the show next weekend. Doug just bough a 2004 Saleen white with white weels. :thumbsup: it is not fast but it lookes so good.

Gotta love the white/white combo :thumbsup: ....but mine's faster.... :D

watch out for those ditches and tight turns..... :thumbsup:

AirForce1
10-14-2005, 01:36 PM
Gotta love the white/white combo :thumbsup: ....but mine's faster.... :D

watch out for those ditches and tight turns..... :thumbsup:
yea yours is faster but when he puts on the saleen blower is will be rated at about 360hp.:D

and i think Doug learned his lesson and is more carful. He also is trying to sine up for dec.2-3

Carl G
10-14-2005, 01:46 PM
Airforce, I dont understand why you would go with low compression pistons. That does not make any sense to me. If you want a stronger motor I would recommend a couple of things that would help later. Look at JE Pistons,and use stronger springs and retainers. That would go a long way in building a stronger motor. I did not loose any HP on the rebuild and you might want to question what is the purpose on why Slater has selected this piston. If you are serious about the Kenny Bell then this is one solution. :thumbsup:

bluethunder
10-14-2005, 01:51 PM

yea yours is faster but when he puts on the saleen blower is will be rated at about 360hp.:D

and i think Doug learned his lesson and is more carful. He also is trying to sine up for dec.2-3

Edmond, Please add spell check for Arron. This just looks bad.