PDA

View Full Version : blower bypass mod

Cobra4me
10-21-2005, 09:51 PM
doing the blower bypass mod or what may be called a WOT bypass mod supposedly keeps your blower at maximum boost at WOT, Has anyone done this simple Mod and is this safe to do?

Rpm outlet link
http://rpmoutlet.com/boost%20bypassc.htm

Big T
10-22-2005, 12:10 AM
I've been considering doing it. I hear some say it is dangerous and some say it is safe. I would like to try it but not at the expense of damaging my car. I heard that you can feel more acceleration with the bypass mod. I hope some reply that have done the mod.

03slidewayzSVT
10-22-2005, 12:15 AM
it was the first mod I did, Its way safe as long as you use 93 octane. I gained about 1.5 psi by doing it. I bought a steeda kit from custom performance for $15 and it works and no boost drop at WOT.:D

03slidewayzSVT
10-22-2005, 12:18 AM
I've been considering doing it. I hear some say it is dangerous and some say it is safe. I would like to try it but not at the expense of damaging my car. I heard that you can feel more acceleration with the bypass mod. I hope some reply that have done the mod.

Your telling me with a 2.8 pulley you don't have a boost bypass SO what the hell is the pulley for if bypass dumps boost at 8 psi???? and 2.8 pulley gives you14+ psi??????:doubt:

Big T
10-22-2005, 07:06 PM
I've heard mixed messages so I have been on the cautious side. I don't know what my boost is because I have the stock gauge but the needle get immediately burried to the end on the gauge. It can't be cutting me off at 8 psi. I'm going to do it tomorrow and see if I can feel the difference. I didn't know I was missing out on more fun. Thanks for the input.

Dave B.
10-22-2005, 07:45 PM
I did the RPM OUTLET type bypass a long time ago,,no problem

spitfire
10-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Ive been considering doing the \rpoutlet mod as well. But whenever I hit WOT I am reading 16psi anyway, so who knows maybe \i will get more!

Dave B.
10-22-2005, 09:58 PM
I dont think the bypass mod has anything to do with preventing over Press,

In fact,, its my understanding the the device that gets bypassed is just a boost dump, not any type of waist gate,

It starts to bleed off boost after acceleration, I was also told the factory wants it to start throwing boost overboard after its initial use has been used up, look at it this way that its more a milage issue,

If you accelerate and the boost stays in the engine then more fuel has to be added to keep from being lean, thus the dumping of boost overboard saves gas,,,,thats the way "ONE" tuner explained it to me,

He could be wrong, and I want it to be understood, that its not the gospel, I disconected mine some time back and have no problems,

Dave B.
10-22-2005, 10:14 PM
Hey SPITFIRE,,,,,,
I was a little taken back when you said you were getting 16 PSI boost, but I just read your signiture and i see you have a COG Pulley setup??

is that where your making that kind of boost??
did you have a regular pulley rig before where you got less boost??
can you say for certain that the COG pulleys gave you 16 Lbs for sure??

I want one if thats the case

smashedheadcat
10-22-2005, 11:16 PM
I tried this mod at the track (rpm method) and ran multiple runs each way, same day, different days, and I didn't pick up a thing. My best run came with it set factory stock. I think this is one of those worthless mods personally.

03slidewayzSVT
10-22-2005, 11:53 PM
OK, ford put a BYPASS valve AND a DUMP valve. The dump valve is for when you let off the throttle dumps boost. Now the bypass valve is for any boost higher than 8 psi and that is set BY ford. So it's possible that who ever changed your pulleys they just did it and didn't tell you because you just wanted more BOOST!! and there is a way to bypass without buying a kit just by rerouting a few vacume lines. (found that after bought the kit):thumbsup:

Big T
10-23-2005, 12:17 AM
OK, ford put a BYPASS valve AND a DUMP valve. The dump valve is for when you let off the throttle dumps boost. Now the bypass valve is for any boost higher than 8 psi and that is set BY ford. So it's possible that who ever changed your pulleys they just did it and didn't tell you because you just wanted more BOOST!! and there is a way to bypass without buying a kit just by rerouting a few vacume lines. (found that after bought the kit):thumbsup:
I changed my own pulleys. I did hear that it was possible for some tuners to so the bypass through the tune. I don't know if that is possible or not. I don't know if my sct flash tuner did that but I'm going to try it out anyway. I'll try anything for some possible extra boost as long as it is relatively safe.

Cobra4me
10-23-2005, 11:21 AM
tell me if wrong but the reason for this bypass as I read it that you don't gain boost but with the bypass you maintain boost at wot (no dropoff)

Big T
10-24-2005, 08:00 PM
you may be right. I was always kind of confused about it. So you may not get more boost but keep the max boost for a longer duration during WOT? Either way it sounds good to me. I haven't done it yet. I'm waiting for my superchips tuner to be shipped back to me from modular madness motorsports. I had the flash added to stop my car from stalling. They did it free of charge.

03slidewayzSVT
10-24-2005, 08:52 PM
Now you got it!!! go put it on a dyno and programed for more boost= more DAM fun!!!!!!!!:rotf: