PDA

View Full Version : Cookout, mini cruise?

nckissfan
10-25-2005, 05:47 PM
Hey all, we are settling in, so we were thinking of doing a cookout/get together on Nov 5. It is a saturday. I have to work until 2:30-3, but Tina will be there. If anyone would like to come, hang out, cook some brats and burgers, please do. We could take a mini-cruise to get some ice cream (may be a little cold for that). Anyone up for this?? We will have one in the spring, when it warms up, but thought we would extend the invitation. I can email driving directions to whoever is game.:thumbsup:

97whitevert
10-25-2005, 06:13 PM
we would but our drag day is that day..... next spring sounds good!!! :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
10-25-2005, 06:50 PM
Why not do a combo event in Jan/Feb?

I'm going to set up an event to run the "NC mile" in Maxton for us for next year early, that might be a good time to go from Maxton to Greensboro??

After drag day, my personal schedule is closed for the holidays.

nckissfan
10-25-2005, 06:55 PM
we might do something like that in Jan/Feb, Tony. Tina just wanted to have some friends over. I don't even know if the Cobra will be done by then. My days off are limited, so that is why I wasn't going to drag day. The invitation is out for anyone not going to drag day. :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
10-26-2005, 12:00 AM
After finding out a little more about the NC mile today...I'm not sure I want to pay $125.00 to do it. $100.00 for the run and $25.00 for membership so you can run. Speed is limited to 135 mph without a roll cage or rollbar. I think my 04 will do more then that and I'm not going to put a rollbar in just to see what the car will do in a mile. If others want to do it, we can still set it up but be prepared to pay the fee stated above.

:(

Big Daddy
10-26-2005, 08:26 AM
Why not do a combo event in Jan/Feb?

I'm going to set up an event to run the "NC mile" in Maxton for us for next year early, that might be a good time to go from Maxton to Greensboro??

After drag day, my personal schedule is closed for the holidays.

Gee what a good idea!! ;) I wonder what ever gave you that idea??? :doubt: :doubt: :rotf: :rotf:

Big Daddy
10-26-2005, 08:30 AM
After finding out a little more about the NC mile today...I'm not sure I want to pay $125.00 to do it. $100.00 for the run and $25.00 for membership so you can run. Speed is limited to 135 mph without a roll cage or rollbar. I think my 04 will do more then that and I'm not going to put a rollbar in just to see what the car will do in a mile. If others want to do it, we can still set it up but be prepared to pay the fee stated above.

:(

The $100 is for both days of running. I thinks you can make as many passes as you want for the $100.00 at least that is what Keith Turk one of the "wigs" in the ECTA told me on another board. It would be cool to have several Cobra's there in April when Hot Rod Magazine will be there to cover the event. I know I'm going, I want to beat the current street car record of 187+ mph in a mile. AND if would be really cool to be the first in the club to reach 200MPH in a mile (I think I'll have to change gears to get there though).

cobrabitn
10-26-2005, 06:32 PM
Turk said if you run over 135 mph then you have to have a roll cage due to insurance. If I am running 110 in the 1/4 mile, I know I'll beat the 135 in the mile and I'm not going to put in a cage or rollbar just for one event. :(

Big Daddy
10-27-2005, 09:18 AM
Turk said if you run over 135 mph then you have to have a roll cage due to insurance. If I am running 110 in the 1/4 mile, I know I'll beat the 135 in the mile and I'm not going to put in a cage or rollbar just for one event. :(

You should have a cage in the 94 anyway Tony! It would stiffen up the car a BUNCH and might even help you go faster on the road courses and Auto X's. :D Of course I don't have that problem as I already have a roll cage in my car because my car way faster than 135!!

cobrabitn
10-27-2005, 12:36 PM
I was talking about the 04 Greg, not the 94. The 94 will be gettting some support this winter. :thumbsup: