PDA

View Full Version : Tune for 2001 with 03-04 eaton setup?

ProudSVTowner
10-26-2005, 11:33 PM
I have a 2001 Cobra that I am doing the swap to the '03-04 eaton. I will be also swapping out rods and pistons for a set of forged 8.5:1's. (Its nice be an machinist and doing the work for nothing:))

Does anyone into tuning know how this ends up getting tuned? As a 2001 with 03-04 fuel and timing? I have no idea, when I am done I am going to take it to Livernois Motorsports to have it tuned? I would like to get either a Diablo or SCT hand held unit, but dont know if it will work for me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Can anyone tell I wanted the 03-04 Cobra platform, but only have the money for the 01? ...common'on I'm a college kid.:crazy:

Thanks,
Chris

Firme
10-27-2005, 06:45 AM
Are you upgrading the fuel system? Pumps, injectors? also the MAF meter.

I would opt for the SCT :thumbsup:

ProudSVTowner
10-27-2005, 12:25 PM
Yes I've got a set of 39lb injectors, MAF, and fuels rails off of the newer setup. I have to upgrade the fuel pump also, I will be getting the set of new twin pumps used in the 03-04 models. I'm not sure however it swapping tanks is necessary or not. I thought I found somewhere that you didnt have to, but you are limit to the fuel level in the tank.
Thanks,

Chris

Big Daddy
10-27-2005, 01:21 PM
Yes I've got a set of 39lb injectors, MAF, and fuels rails off of the newer setup. I have to upgrade the fuel pump also, I will be getting the set of new twin pumps used in the 03-04 models. I'm not sure however it swapping tanks is necessary or not. I thought I found somewhere that you didnt have to, but you are limit to the fuel level in the tank.
Thanks,

Chris

You had better rethink the 39lb injectors, I wouldn't go with less than 55lb injectors, the MAF that SCT sells, Fuel Rails, the 03-04 Cobra duel pumps and the tank. The tank is a much better design than the 01 Tank. The newer tank has baffels to keep the fuel from sloshing away from the pumps.

smashedheadcat
10-27-2005, 02:16 PM
You had better rethink the 39lb injectors, I wouldn't go with less than 55lb injectors, the MAF that SCT sells, Fuel Rails, the 03-04 Cobra duel pumps and the tank. The tank is a much better design than the 01 Tank. The newer tank has baffels to keep the fuel from sloshing away from the pumps.

The 39lb injectors have been proven to support over 500rwhp so I think you'll be alright with them. They will be pretty close to 100% duty cycle up there though. I think that's what Big Daddy is getting at. It is best to stay around 85% duty cycle on your injectors if at all possible. I also agree with Greg on the fuel tank. The '03 cobra tank is the best bet. You don't want to skimp out on fuel delivery. With the eaton, my personal feeling is that th stock fuel rails will be fine. There are people out there supporting almost 700rwhp with them.

Linn@Amazon
10-27-2005, 05:03 PM
you will need an 03 Cobra PCM and wiring harness too..how much boost you are planning to run will determine the injector size and other fuel related mods...03 cobra tank and pumps are recommended....

Pro-Dyno
10-28-2005, 12:08 AM
I did one of these conversions last march used the 03 tank and pumps, stock 01 pcm and started with 03 cobra fuel timing and mass air maps. because of the compression difference we started with stock 03 pulley's. the car made 462rwhp and drove like factory it is a great add on if you do it wright and make sure it is tuned properly good luck :thumbsup: