PDA

View Full Version : Gears/Nitrous Install

The Gord
10-27-2005, 06:05 PM
Im getting ready to order FRPP 4.10 gears and a single Nozzle NX kit for my 99. Im having a shop install the gears and was wondering if I need the aluminum of poly differential bushings to help combat any driveline vibration. Any recommendations on a better limited slip differential? any recommendations to avoid driveline vibration. (Purely a street/strip application)

I also have a stock block and will use at most a 100 shot of the gas (more once I rebuild with forged internals). Which tuners will be best for my gear change and nitrous kit? Thanks

blackandblown
10-29-2005, 07:00 PM
Im getting ready to order FRPP 4.10 gears and a single Nozzle NX kit for my 99. Im having a shop install the gears and was wondering if I need the aluminum of poly differential bushings to help combat any driveline vibration. Any recommendations on a better limited slip differential? any recommendations to avoid driveline vibration. (Purely a street/strip application)

I also have a stock block and will use at most a 100 shot of the gas (more once I rebuild with forged internals). Which tuners will be best for my gear change and nitrous kit? Thanksnot to up on the IRS but an eaton is a great diff. I have one in my 96. to get less vibrations when you go with gears like 4.10's is a alum driveshaft.

The Gord
11-02-2005, 12:28 PM
If the vibrations come from the driveshaft, then I will probably go with the poly-urethane bushings at 200 cheaper than the aluminum diff bushings. I just dont want to put in the poly bushings and then find out I need the aluminum ones.

rpalmer
11-04-2005, 10:26 PM
No vibrations on my 4.10's with the factory driveshaft.

Vibes are probably more an issue of installer expertise, close attention to pinion angle, and a little bit of luck that you have a vehicle assembled with the tolerances working in your favor.

-RP