PDA

View Full Version : Just installed a Promotion Clutch Quad,,,

Dave B.
11-01-2005, 10:22 PM
Does everyone else with an 03-04 have a dump truck clutch feel???

Mine has been killing my knee,,,,bad,,real bad, so I was told this Promotion Quad would fix it, well its still sort of hard to push, but the driveability is a lot better, before the pedal had to be pushed and held to the floor with 27,000 tons of force by the left leg,

Now it only needs to be pushed in just a little bit and its off.. good mod

Big T
11-02-2005, 12:16 AM
I know what you mean. I was in a traffic jam evacuating from New Orleans during hurricane Katrina and it was the hardest thing I ever did. Stop and go traffic for several hours. My leg felt like it was going to fall off. It took alot of stamina but there was no way I was leaving my car behind.

Dave B.
11-02-2005, 12:50 AM
Big T theres got to be a better fix for this clutch thing than what I did ,,,,
Im afraid that I will have to buy one of those Promotion dual spring clutchs,

The way it was explained to me is the spring pressure is much less than stock, but theres something about the rest of the clutch that grabs the disc and holds real hard,,,,I dont care as I do not race, I just need the lowest spring pressure that will still hold up to the HP and TQ

BlueOvalPower
11-02-2005, 09:54 AM
What about swapping over to a hydraulic set up? I know they have them for the T56 and it shouldn't be too hard just $$$

kilroy
11-17-2005, 12:37 AM
Centerforce clutches are notorious for their light pedal... I recently had a King Cobra setup installed. It too feels lighter than the stocker.

InfamousSVT
11-17-2005, 02:10 AM
[QUOTE=kilroy]Centerforce clutches are notorious for their light pedal... QUOTE]

I've got one in mine with the Maximum Motorsports Quadrant and Firewall adjuster :D