PDA

View Full Version : I lost my heart today....

97CasperCobra
11-01-2005, 11:59 PM
....to an M3. My friend Ryan(had the black '97, then the black '04) just bought a 2002 M3. Came over tonight and we went for a drive...then he let me drive it. O-M-G !!!!! :jawdrop:

This car pulls like you wouldn't believe....8,000 redline...smooth acceleration. Ryan believes it has coilovers, it' already has some 19" fat rims and possibly some exhaust. I loved driving it.....and man does it corner really flat.

Now time to convince him to sign up for MSR.... :cool: :thumbsup:

93KingCobra
11-02-2005, 11:25 AM
SWEET!! :thumbsup: M3's are a awsome car.....!

Miguel
11-02-2005, 11:51 AM
....to an M3. My friend Ryan(had the black '97, then the black '04) just bought a 2002 M3. Came over tonight and we went for a drive...then he let me drive it. O-M-G !!!!! :jawdrop:

This car pulls like you wouldn't believe....8,000 redline...smooth acceleration. Ryan believes it has coilovers, it' already has some 19" fat rims and possibly some exhaust. I loved driving it.....and man does it corner really flat.

Now time to convince him to sign up for MSR.... :cool: :thumbsup:I wonder if that car has visited Bavarian Hyper Sports? They do a lot of magic on BMW products. I wonder if an older M5 V8 can fit in a Mustang, it would be a potent and light power plant.

97CasperCobra
11-02-2005, 12:38 PM
I wonder if that car has visited Bavarian Hyper Sports? They do a lot of magic on BMW products. I wonder if an older M5 V8 can fit in a Mustang, it would be a potent and light power plant.

not yet...but he's going by there today. Problem though with BMWs is mods cost soooo much. 6K for exhaust, 2K for gears.....no thanks. :D

Miguel
11-02-2005, 12:59 PM
not yet...but he's going by there today. Problem though with BMWs is mods cost soooo much. 6K for exhaust, 2K for gears.....no thanks. :DYup bimmer mods are up there, once I was kinda haggling over Mini mods with Joel (all 2 or 3 figure numbers), when a guy politely interrupted us to talk about 5 figured mods for an M3. :eek: I felt like a greedy hobo after that :D.

I miss the old days when modding/tuning was called hot rodding, and a Holley 600 and an Edlebrock (sp?) intake made for a wicked upgrade for a 289.

Andy M
11-02-2005, 11:27 PM
ALL the M cars are FABULOUS!!! I've owned both an E36 M3 (1998) and an E39 M5 (2000) and they were both unbelievable cars... straight from the showroom floor - they are better than most everything else out there.

BMW sure does know how to make a great "driver's" car! They don't call them the Ultimate Driving Machine for nothing.

As someone else mentioned though, EVERYTHING is expensive on a Bimmer. You can't do much of anything on these cars (mods wise) without dropping a grand or two!! :eek: :eek:

They sure are sweet though!!! Handle like a dream!!!

The 325Ci coupe we have now handles like you would not believe - and it is bone stock!! It will run circles around most other so called sports cars! What a machine! I love driving it!!!