PDA

View Full Version : My Throw out Bearing has thrown out,,WHY?

Dave B.
11-03-2005, 08:44 PM
right at 30,000 miles the throw out bearing makes an absolut horrible noise,,,,
is this a weak part for these cars? whats it cost to get fixed? and will the dealer warrantee it on a modded car with a stock clutch?

cobrabitn
11-03-2005, 09:22 PM
With your mods, you'll be lucky to get a dealer to warranty the throw out bearing. Try to find one that is mod friendly.

03slidewayzSVT
11-03-2005, 11:18 PM
right at 30,000 miles the throw out bearing makes an absolut horrible noise,,,,
is this a weak part for these cars? whats it cost to get fixed? and will the dealer warrantee it on a modded car with a stock clutch?

mine went out at 17k took it to ford and they replaced everything new clutch,throw-out bearing,pressure plate,pilot bearing under warranty AND gave me a 05 F150 to drive for 3 days for free. I guess-a-mated about 6 to 7 hundred dollars worth of parts and labor. BUT after about 1.5k damn throw-out bearing is making noise AGAIN!!! next one I'm going to put one in best on you can buy aftermarket.

Dave B.
11-03-2005, 11:56 PM
man this is horrible, why would Ford use such crap parts?

I think I will just go to the best I can find now rather than buy myself a few thousand miles with a warrantee job (if I can get it) and end up having to spend my own money anyway, :mad: :mad: :mad:

So what is the very very highest quality throwout bearing made???

kilroy
11-04-2005, 01:55 AM
Sorry to hear about your TOB, Dave. My TOB started to squawk every blue moon after last November's drag day and was replaced when the new clutch went in. At that time I had around 25k on the odo - I replaced mine with OEM.

With the BBK headers will you have to drop one header to drop the transmission?

ausie
11-04-2005, 06:27 AM
I had some noise and shrieks from mine. It would make noise at random but usually when coasting and not in gear. It seemed to go away after replacing the clutch quadrant. That in itself had improved some of the issues but does not mean it is fixed. I wonder if aftermarket clutch & pressure plates make a difference.

Dave B.
11-04-2005, 01:30 PM
I took it to the dealship today, they are going to cover it, they said its not just the THrowout, but a polished steel sleeve that is on the front of the tranny,,,,,,and as far as having to drop one header,,,I was told I have a two peice bell, and would not have to remove a header,

Regardless their going to warrantee it,