PDA

View Full Version : dtc codes

Big T
11-05-2005, 03:07 PM
I just got an updated tune for my superchips tuner to stop my stalling. three dtc codes appeared. p2196 o2 sensor sensor signal stuck rich bank 1 sensor 1. p2198 same thing except bank 2 sensor 2. p1000 monitor checks not complete. more driving required.

Does anyone know what these codes mean? Is my car just adjusting to the new tune? I drove it about 5 miles.

BlueOvalPower
11-06-2005, 09:58 AM
Did you clear them and see if they came back? It probably is just the car adjusting to everything.

Big T
11-06-2005, 12:02 PM
The service engine soon light came on. Idles rough now. no stalling as of yet. I cleared them and they came back. When I drive it with them cleared the service engine light comes back on after a while.

BlueOvalPower
11-06-2005, 02:58 PM
I would put the original tune in and get it either dyno tuned or serviced, sounds like something went wrong with the update. Without the correct equipment I wouldnt risk it.

Big T
11-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Here's what happened. I ran the amz2 race tune which was for race fuel. I switched it to the 93 octane tune today but the codes for the o2 sensor 1 stuck rich bank 1 and 2 still came up along with the check engine light. I think I may have some deposts on my o2 sensors and this is giving me some bad readings. Anyone have any suggestions? My car runs fine except for an occasionally erratic idle. No stalling. Got rid of one problem and now have another. This is how most things go for me.