PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's official.

Codes
11-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Starting Spring Semester 2006 I will be attending the University of Alaska at Fairbanks. I applied about two weeks ago and got accepted today, I will be seeking a degree in History. Im pretty excited about the whole thing, I need to hang out with you guys some before I leave.

Edit: If you are curious about what we are going to do with my car, if I end up staying (which I am planning on doing) we are most likely going to sell it and purchase a Jeep.

97CasperCobra
11-08-2005, 11:07 PM
Damn Cody....that's UP there!!!!

Congrats though....I've got about a year left. Hope you make it out soon man....haven't seen you in FOREVER!!! Focus' gotta unite man!! :thumbsup:

got any mods you wanna sell?? ;)

Codes
11-08-2005, 11:12 PM
Damn Cody....that's UP there!!!!

Congrats though....I've got about a year left. Hope you make it out soon man....haven't seen you in FOREVER!!! Focus' gotta unite man!! :thumbsup:

got any mods you wanna sell?? ;)
I know, I hate that I havent been able to get to any meets. With school and two jobs it seems like I have 0 time for anything else. I am putting in my two weeks tomorrow though on one of my jobs so I can start getting ready and spending time with people down here, so I am hoping to attend some SCMC events (maybe a Christmas party:naughty:). I might be selling the intake, but I have had some problems with it, you would be buying it (probably for dirt cheap) at your own risk:D

03 cobra toy
11-09-2005, 09:44 AM
:scratch: You can't learn history in a warmer state?

Firme
11-09-2005, 10:12 AM
Dang Codes, that's far...

good luck though!

Levi
11-09-2005, 10:29 AM
:scratch: You can't learn history in a warmer state?
:rotf:

Good luck Code. :thumbsup:

Codes
11-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Yea, it is pretty far. This summer when I went to Alaska I fell in love with it. I fell in love with the people, the land, the weather, everything. Some things in my life have changed this past semester and I have this oppurtunity so I am going to take it. Its cold as hell up there, thats going to be a huge change, being away from my parents and friends, its all going to be very difficult but I think I want this bad enough.

jimmysidecarr
11-09-2005, 12:09 PM
You will love it!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/jimmysidecarr/IIRAICE1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/jimmysidecarr/SnowDrags.jpg

Miguel
11-09-2005, 12:38 PM
Starting Spring Semester 2006 I will be attending the University of Alaska at Fairbanks. I applied about two weeks ago and got accepted today, I will be seeking a degree in History. Im pretty excited about the whole thing, I need to hang out with you guys some before I leave.

Edit: If you are curious about what we are going to do with my car, if I end up staying (which I am planning on doing) we are most likely going to sell it and purchase a Jeep.
May I recommend what BP (BP practicaly owns Alaska) recommended to my brother when they moved him up there, namely a Subaru. They are quite handy for driving up there, and anything with WRX, or 2.5XT written on them should be fun too. If you like off-roading, make sure your Jeep is modified to tackle fording, since there is far more rivers than bridges there. The rivers are icecold even in summer.
Denali NP south of Fairbanks is a pretty cool place to visit, its a park the size of Massachusets. Most locals call the big mountain there 'Denali', and not 'McKinley' like lower 48 people do.
If you like to hunt, remember that game is a lot bigger, so a 7mm Mag might be a good idea. A lot of folks hunt Moose not becuase they love hunting, but because beef is quite pricey there.
Oh yeah, at night watch out for the northern lights, they are very cool!!!

Codes
11-09-2005, 01:53 PM
May I recommend what BP (BP practicaly owns Alaska) recommended to my brother when they moved him up there, namely a Subaru. They are quite handy for driving up there, and anything with WRX, or 2.5XT written on them should be fun too. If you like off-roading, make sure your Jeep is modified to tackle fording, since there is far more rivers than bridges there. The rivers are icecold even in summer.
Denali NP south of Fairbanks is a pretty cool place to visit, its a park the size of Massachusets. Most locals call the big mountain there 'Denali', and not 'McKinley' like lower 48 people do.
If you like to hunt, remember that game is a lot bigger, so a 7mm Mag might be a good idea. A lot of folks hunt Moose not becuase they love hunting, but because beef is quite pricey there.
Oh yeah, at night watch out for the northern lights, they are very cool!!!
A scooby eh. I actually looked at WRXs before I got the SVTF. Might have to again. Im going to wait to see what others are driving, I figure they would probably know best. Im going to have to start playing more of GT4's snow rally courses:p

Miguel
11-09-2005, 02:21 PM
A scooby eh. I actually looked at WRXs before I got the SVTF. Might have to again. Im going to wait to see what others are driving, I figure they would probably know best. Im going to have to start playing more of GT4's snow rally courses:pBeen a while since I was there, but back in '91 they were all over the place, try to get one with "hill holder brake", came in handy when my flatland butt was driving around Anchorage.

Codes
11-09-2005, 02:27 PM
Been a while since I was there, but back in '91 they were all over the place, try to get one with "hill holder brake", came in handy when my flatland butt was driving around Anchorage.
Wonder if I could find any used STi's around here (or up there):D

Miguel
11-09-2005, 02:53 PM
Wonder if I could find any used STi's around here (or up there):DYou might like to look there, since they are likelier to have the more usefull options. It wont hurt to talk with long time locals about options. I did notice a lot of electrical plugs dangling at the front of cars. I'm not sure why though.

jimmysidecarr
11-09-2005, 08:18 PM
You might like to look there, since they are likelier to have the more usefull options. It wont hurt to talk with long time locals about options. I did notice a lot of electrical plugs dangling at the front of cars. I'm not sure why though.

Those would be for block heaters... a fairly nice accessory to have where below 20... below 10... and below zero... are common deep winter overnight temps... (reason I know-->Syracuse would get pretty cold at night in the winter too)

Miguel
11-10-2005, 11:43 AM
Ah, I made sure to visit in the summer, long before termination dust would fall.

Termination dust= a lot of lower 48 people go up in the spring, work the summer, and quit their jobs when the first snow flakes fall.

Sour Doughs= Immigrants from other states that make it through a full Alaskan winter, and don't loose it due to the lack of light, low temperatures, large and nosey wild life, meters of snow, and the occational ash fall from one of the many active volcanoes.

Good luck:thumbsup: