blk04cobra1
11-10-2005, 09:03 PM
Mine's not as detailed as Smashed, but here's a preview
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-11/874087/Turbosetup002(Small).jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-11/874087/Turbosetup001(Small).jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-11/874087/Turbosetup003(Small).jpg

Dave B.
11-10-2005, 10:41 PM
so what kind of real numbers do you and smashed think you will get once dynoed?

blk04cobra1
11-10-2005, 10:53 PM
I think we'll both see above 800rwhp, if we want...I think his will take a little more boost b/c he went with the 50mm's and I the 67mm's...I'll most likely have a 650rwhp, 750rwhp, and 800+rwhp tune...I always run 100 octane so it'll be on the high setting more often than not, but in case I have to travel with it and cannot trailor it, we'll have a safer (650ish) pump gas tune :thumbsup:

Dave B.
11-10-2005, 11:08 PM
thats great, it would have been nice if Ford would have gone twin turbo instead of a roots,,,

before I started on this board I used to always think Supercharging produced more HP and TQ

but now I realize twin turbos are hands down the best one can do, although i do think the both of you guys are in for a period of headaches before its all ironed out with everything working right, I did want to ask,,,
"how reliable is the device that keeps both turbos at the exact same boost pressure??"

would not one always try to pump out more than the other for one reason or another?

03slidewayzSVT
11-11-2005, 08:54 AM
blk04cobra1, I was woundering if you got your other exhaust housing from jet hot yet? or are they still screwing with you?:bounce:

blk04cobra1
11-11-2005, 09:09 AM
Adam...still screwing right now, hope to see them today or Monday...

Dave B.--I dont doubt there will be a few headaches, but that's the price you pay for wanting so much power...Ive taken a few preventative measures (halfshafts,trans, clutch) stuff like that, to hopefully eliminate a few probs...as far as the boost controller and wastegates...they should be reliable, I'll let you know in a few weeks :thumbsup:

smashedheadcat
11-11-2005, 10:43 AM
I'm not sure how far along you are, but take this advice from me on the header install......

Look at your last picture.... The header on the right needs to go onto the car exactly how it is laying now. (with the center primaries on the bottom) The header on the left there, has to be flipped over (center primaries facing up). Do it this way, or you'll never get the turbos lined up (been there, done that). LOL Next up, the pipes from the header to the turbo. Make sure the wastegate opening are pointed towards the center of the car. Otherwise, once again, the turbos will never line up........ been there, done that. LOL And one more thing. Look at the pipes that will connect the turbos to the intercooler. You'll need to switch them around. The angled one needs to go on the driver's side, and the flat one on the passengerside. The driver sider turbo is a PITA to work with. It hits the horn. So I just unbolted the horn for now, I'll figure something out later.

smashedheadcat
11-11-2005, 10:44 AM
And by the way..... that looks good!!

blk04cobra1
11-11-2005, 11:44 AM
thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to let Will know...we test fitted the headers and they seemed to go in nicely, we'll just wait for the piping...as far as the horn goes, that's what my finger's for :thumbsup:

smashedheadcat
11-12-2005, 10:07 AM
thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to let Will know...we test fitted the headers and they seemed to go in nicely, we'll just wait for the piping...as far as the horn goes, that's what my finger's for :thumbsup:

My driver's side header hits the oil dipstick. So I had to take that bolt out that holds it in place, and bend the tube ever so slightly. Now, it's bolted in there, and doesn't rub the header. I kinda went 1 step forward, and then 2 steps back yesterday when I installed the downpipes. I had to remove a few things and play musical pipes once again. Everything worked out nicely though. Here's what I found out. You'll get 2 "macaroni" looking pipes with turbo flanges on them. One of them is a touch longer than the other. The longer one goes on the passenger side and the short one on the driver's side. I had them flip flopped. So I had to switch them around yesterday. So keep that in mind. i haven't bolted up the h-pipe yet, so I don't even know if I have the hardware to do that or not. We'll see today. My plans are to fire up the piece today. I think I can do it. I just need to run some wiring and punch my oil pan.

blk04cobra1
11-13-2005, 04:21 PM
yeah, we've seen a few things to modify...appreciate all the insight, this will be the second kit my partner has installed, so hopefully we can have it up and running a few days after the housings get here (which I hope will be tomorrow)...did you get to fire yours up yet? Also was wondering if you knew what PSI the canned tune they send with the kit is set for? Ive tried asking them, but they cannot answer it for sure (not planning on getting in to boost, but you know how anxious some people can be ;) )

smashedheadcat
11-14-2005, 07:54 AM
yeah, we've seen a few things to modify...appreciate all the insight, this will be the second kit my partner has installed, so hopefully we can have it up and running a few days after the housings get here (which I hope will be tomorrow)...did you get to fire yours up yet? Also was wondering if you knew what PSI the canned tune they send with the kit is set for? Ive tried asking them, but they cannot answer it for sure (not planning on getting in to boost, but you know how anxious some people can be ;) )

I have no idea what kind of boost they have thier tune set for. If you've got a partner that has installed one, you'll be good to go. As for my car, I am "oh so close" but not close enough. Next step, next problem really. I can't find a punch big enough to get my tap to go through it. I've tried using sockets but that doesn't work. LOL I'll find something.

03slidewayzSVT
11-14-2005, 07:48 PM
why not use a drill? go slow and use alot of grease to keep shavings down then change oil. :thumbsup:

smashedheadcat
11-15-2005, 03:47 PM
why not use a drill? go slow and use alot of grease to keep shavings down then change oil. :thumbsup:

When using a punch, you never really create shavings. It actually rolls the material inward. Once you roll it in enough, it gives you a nice place to cut threads in. Last night, I finally got the pan tapped so it's no longer an issue. I think now, it's time to go over everything and start with the wiring and vaccum line routing...... :bounce:

03slidewayzSVT
11-15-2005, 06:10 PM
When using a punch, you never really create shavings. It actually rolls the material inward. Once you roll it in enough, it gives you a nice place to cut threads in. Last night, I finally got the pan tapped so it's no longer an issue. I think now, it's time to go over everything and start with the wiring and vaccum line routing...... :bounce:

makes sense, never thought of that way. See you can always learn sonething new anytime. Just for curiousity what size hole did you need? good luck on the TT install. I'v seen torrys car in THE MAKING and sounds like you both are going to have a lot of fun.
:fordflag: Thanks 03slidewayzSVT

smashedheadcat
11-16-2005, 12:35 PM
makes sense, never thought of that way. See you can always learn sonething new anytime. Just for curiousity what size hole did you need? good luck on the TT install. I'v seen torrys car in THE MAKING and sounds like you both are going to have a lot of fun.
:fordflag: Thanks 03slidewayzSVT

Going by what the tap says to use, 45/64'' for a drill bit. So I used a punch until I could start the tap. Once the tap started cutting, I backed it off, and piled on the grease. I did that about 4 times per hole to minimize shavings.

InfamousSVT
11-30-2005, 01:46 AM
Any updates on the Turbo set-up man? Is it up and running yet?

blk04cobra1
11-30-2005, 09:10 AM
It's a sore subject...HP sent me the wrong housings again two weeks ago, so im still waiting on the right size...spoke with them yesterday and they said they were at Jet Hot getting coated and they would overnight them to me when they were done...hoping to see them this week...we've only got about a days worth of work to do when they get here, headers and exhaust are already mocked up, just need the turbo's mounted to run the rest of the pipes...it'll be at the Supra meet on the 17th, hopefully tuned :thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
12-01-2005, 12:44 AM
That sucks man. But after you get everything back together it will be good to go.
It's going to be ready and running at Dragday in Feb. right? :D

blk04cobra1
12-01-2005, 11:27 AM
Yes, we plan to make the drag day in February...may be a little embarassing b/c it might be the first time at the track with the car, but hey, that's what the learning experience is all about :D