PDA

View Full Version : what do you all think about electric water pumps?

Dave B.
11-15-2005, 09:16 PM
would you trust one for a daily driver??

I have heard the general stuff from people, I spoke with one guy who said the electric motors on the pumps were only good for a thousand hours, others say thats not true,

I look at it as a way to get more power without putting more stress on the engine, its going the other way, HP via drag reduction,

but would you trust it??

tazzracing1
11-15-2005, 10:14 PM
I inquired this same question to my mechanic that I deal with and would not suggest it for regular street use. I trust his opion and I know he would not ever steer me in a wrong direction. I also talk with the men who race on a regular basis and alos he street car and thier opion was the same.

Firme
11-16-2005, 07:13 AM
An electric water pump is mainly a drag race only car mod IMO. Definitely not for a daily driver. The minor amount of power gained would not be worth putting the engine in danger.

kilroy
11-16-2005, 12:16 PM
An electric water pump is mainly a drag race only car mod IMO. Definitely not for a daily driver. The minor amount of power gained would not be worth putting the engine in danger. +1 :thumbsup:

~17rwhp gain there.

Dave B.
11-16-2005, 12:51 PM
Killroy do you have an electric pump? and is yours a daily driver?

InfamousSVT
11-16-2005, 09:25 PM
Dave B. If you want to change out the stock water pump. Is this going to be for a power gain or coolant gains?

For a daily driver I highly recommend the Evans Cooling systems for our cars (03/04 Cobras).

http://www.evanscooling.com

Firme
11-16-2005, 09:34 PM
Dave B. If you want to change out the stock water pump. Is this going to be for a power gain or coolant gains?

For a daily driver I highly recommend the Evans Cooling systems for our cars (03/04 Cobras).

http://www.evanscooling.com

:thumbsup: definitely a must for open trackers

Dave B.
11-16-2005, 10:17 PM
I was thinking of the electric pump for HP gains without more engine stress,
But im still waiting to hear from Kilroy, anyone know if hes running an electric pump?

Im very surprized to hear so many against one for a daily driver, guess its just too risky, but I did put the 410 gears back in that was a treat after the 373's

kilroy
11-16-2005, 10:52 PM
Killroy do you have an electric pump? and is yours a daily driver?I wanted one - but decided against it. 35k miles strong :thumbsup:in rain, snow, sleet & teh South Cakalaki heat.... First 10k was bone stock & then Rick got his mits on Ginger down @ Bradenton NMRA opener in 2004...

kilroy
11-16-2005, 11:09 PM
Im very surprized to hear so many against one for a daily driver, guess its just too riskyDave, you hit the nail on the head. It's the risk & is a tenth, maybe 2 really worth it on a daily driver?