PDA

View Full Version : HOTWHEELS & other die cast collectables?

scootro
11-17-2005, 02:42 AM
Who here is a collector?

I know now that most collectors are fanatics and they just buy hot wheels to sell.

Every car show I go to thereís at least 3 to 5 stands of people selling hot wheels that were originally $.98 cents to any where around $15 to $100 bucks a car thatís just insane to me. I know most of these people get off from there day jobs and just travel around to various retail stores in the evening just searching out that rare car to re-sell. THATíS NUTíSÖ

I have a buddy thatís a insane collector of cars and amazingly makes a pretty good living selling these cars off ebay. He always jokes that its heís second job.

Only thing I collect are various ford stuff and of course mustangs (banners, magazines, models, die cast cars, memorabilia). Doesnít have to be something of value like I care. just stuff I like or think thatís cool to keep and also makes that big empty wall in the garage look cool with ford stuff.

What do you guys think about this collecting craze??

I do like the new hot wheels classic line this year. Really cool stuff!!!

nckissfan
11-17-2005, 06:18 AM
I do like collecting die cast, and other Mustang stuff. I have a Shelby GT500 Hot Wheel, white with blue stripes. Most of the other hot wheels I had as a kid did not survive firecrackers, and "custom" paint jobs. What an idiot I was:rotf:

ausie
11-17-2005, 08:03 AM
Had those things too when I was a kid. Unfortunately I went from the typical cars to building military models. One thing that would be great to find is a die-cast model kit that you have to build completely. The more complicated and detailed the better since I like a challenge. Later on in life I started building gas powered RC cars. They can be complicated but fun to build them. It can be a blast to race them as well. It would be great to find a scaled model of my own car to build up but they seem hard to find in the skill level I would appreciate.

wvmystichrome
11-17-2005, 08:59 AM
I collect NASCAR racing die cast and memoriablia. Lets say I did. I have a lot of old stuff from the early 90's when it was fun to collect. Now adays it is just too expensive to buy just one piece. They say quality is the best part of the new pieces. I like the older stuff because you just don't go out and see 10 - 15 tables full of it. I have lots of Hot Wheels also but as with the biggest majority of the stuff it is stored in big containers in the house. During my big collector days I collected pop bottles, coffee cans, banners, and lots of other stuff. It was fun and it still is to get it out and go thru it but just don't have the time.

Chad_XFoA
11-17-2005, 12:06 PM
We have about 50 Race Champion NASCARS, 10 Action Dragsters (rails and funny cars), and 300 Hot Wheels cars (I like the red line cars).

nckissfan
11-17-2005, 06:41 PM
I, also, build model car kits, when I find the time. Right now I have close to 25 kits unopened. I, also, collect NASCAR die cast, but only certain drivers. Bill Elliott is my all time favorite driver, and Matt Kenseth is my favorite now. Matt's first Cup race was subbing for Bill Elliott, finished eighth. So, my collection is limited. Yes, they are expensive nowadays.

I still have my first stock car kit that I ever built. It is Bill Elliott's 1984 Coors Tbird. It looks good for my first stock car, which were a royal ***** to build back in the 80's.