PDA

View Full Version : For sale 2001 Cobra

WVSNS&
11-19-2005, 05:28 PM
Hate to sell it but...53k mi. oxford white with chrome rims. There is a new ford aluminum flywheel and clutch assembly as well as a ford aluminum driveshaft and safety loop. Asking $20k or best offer. Unable to post a pic. Will gladly send pics to email address. Hope to post pics soon. Have to figure it out. Can be reached: pm me,wavesnsand@verizon.net or feel free to call me 757-463-1051

john watkins

WVSNS&
12-20-2005, 01:56 PM
New price $17,750 b/o must sell!!!

john

WVSNS&
12-28-2005, 09:46 AM
Guess I will check the auctions and see if it is cost effective. No one wants this car?

john

winddysvt
01-01-2006, 12:34 AM
Guess I will check the auctions and see if it is cost effective. No one wants this car?

john

Did you sell it?

sounds nice! :thumbsup: :bounce:

WVSNS&
01-01-2006, 01:05 AM
Still got it. I can emailsome pics if you like.

john

winddysvt
01-04-2006, 02:58 AM
Hey John --

how about a trade?

Tim's 99? :rolleyes: :D ;) :)

WVSNS&
01-04-2006, 04:52 AM
Lookin' to sell. Got a beater gt to drive until the next cobra is available.

john

winddysvt
01-06-2006, 11:58 PM
Lookin' to sell. Got a beater gt to drive until the next cobra is available.

john

I was just kiddin' John...

a beater GT?

is there such a thing?

;) :) :D :rolleyes:

WVSNS&
01-07-2006, 09:23 AM
:D I bought a 94 gt that is stock except for a pair of ultraflow mufflers. That is the 2.73 rear and the school bus length shifter throw and best of all two hundred neck breaking horsepower. It had a set of centerline warrior rims that I had to sell. I picked up a set of y2k mustang gt rims w/the original rubber for $175. I just got four 275/40 17 slightly used firestone firehawks but I think I will try to get some 95 or y2k cobra r rims to mount them on. This car is absolutely amusing. It is like driving an old muscle car as far as what it sounds like but there is not really any get up and go. I just need a driver car until the next cobra is available. The multifaded burgundy paint is not really bad unless you examine it close. It serves the purpose, especially since I just got back from northern ve and got 27.3 mpg hgwy. Not gonna complain.

john

winddysvt
01-08-2006, 09:08 PM
:D I bought a 94 gt that is stock except for a pair of ultraflow mufflers. That is the 2.73 rear and the school bus length shifter throw and best of all two hundred neck breaking horsepower. It had a set of centerline warrior rims that I had to sell. I picked up a set of y2k mustang gt rims w/the original rubber for $175. I just got four 275/40 17 slightly used firestone firehawks but I think I will try to get some 95 or y2k cobra r rims to mount them on. This car is absolutely amusing. It is like driving an old muscle car as far as what it sounds like but there is not really any get up and go. I just need a driver car until the next cobra is available. The multifaded burgundy paint is not really bad unless you examine it close. It serves the purpose, especially since I just got back from northern ve and got 27.3 mpg hgwy. Not gonna complain.

john

thanks for the info!!

ya know what you might really want to look into is the 98 upgraded GT wheels.

I have them on my car for the winter with the snow tires (alpines) and it looks pretty nice.

You can find them on ebay for a pretty good price if you keep your eyes open for them. (and make sure that the seller has good feedback)

I might take the snow tires off late spring and put some slicks on there just for the fun of it.... before I put the 18" back on again.

the paint on my 99 looks pretty good, just a few flaws here and there, and some dings from last winter....

but, yes, it gets good gas mileage and does the job nicely. And she still gets some looks as well, so I'm happy for now. But, I would love to be able to move up to an 01 when we sell one of our Cobra's...

WVSNS&
02-20-2006, 07:10 PM
Gotta go, have struggled too much. Lowered the price to $16000 cash. Someone has gotta want this heck, I want it but the wife says the payment has to go. The title is at a local bank and only takes a short time to get, they said I can have it sent to the local branch for a sale. Help!!! I got to get the payment gone. The car is in almost perfect shape. Will send pics.

john

WVSNS&
03-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Tried auto trader and a few web sites and only a couoke of people came to look. The few that saw it said they would like to buy it but no one has come with the money. Unbeeleebable. I was trying to get an 04, but it long since went. I guess trying to sell the 01 was a mistake.

john

winddysvt
03-10-2006, 11:05 PM
Did you advertise it on all the Mustang forums and on the SVTOA forum?

also, try ebay?

You might get better results if you go on the 3.8 forum. Most everyone on this site already has a Cobra.

or two....

I would've bought it if I didn't have one that needed trading in as well.

Try again, you never know!

WVSNS&
03-15-2006, 10:47 AM
I had it on svtoa and in auto trader and the ford/mustang trader. I keep getting calls from auto buying services but I am not interested in the garbage they are throwing my way. I had another interested guy from fla. that appeared to have been selling cool cars like a '59 caddy moodel 62 and a boss 302 I think the caddy was listed over twenty and the mustang in over $40k. Since I haven't heard from him I wil probably trade it so we can get my wife anothe ride, her 99 contour has 20k on the warranty and we do not wish to keep it after the waranty is up at all, been in the shop alot.

john

winddysvt
03-15-2006, 03:41 PM
I know the feeling.

Depending upon the car you buy, sometimes a trade isn't too bad.

Just make sure the dealership gives you what you want for it, walk out if they don't. Sometimes they'll call ya back! They like having cars like that on their lots, depending on the make.

Is the Contour an SVT?

WVSNS&
03-15-2006, 04:32 PM
The contour is an se v-6 not an svt. It has seen quite a few days in the shop under warranty. I may sell the cobra to one of the local dealers but like you said we have a rock bottom price that we will not go below and no amount of negotiation will change it. Since the car is in my wifes' name I really have no choice, she set the low price and that is the lowest she'll take. Either way who ever gets this one I believe they will be happy.

john

winddysvt
03-16-2006, 01:32 AM
my son has an svt Contour.

He is always working on it, but then again he put allot of modifications into it.

He is thinking of selling it and he would like to get a 99 or an 01 Cobra.

We would go for it right now, but he has so much money in this Contour.

I do not know too many dealerships that would give him very much for it. Its a nice car but he hasn't taken the best of care paint wise. Lots of little nicks and scratches and he barely ever washes it in the wintertime. Up here, thats a no no.

Just in case he does sell it though, keep me posted on your Cobra. An 01 would be a good option for him.

he is so tired of working on the front wheel drive and I'd like my garage space back. ;)