PDA

View Full Version : evap emissions hoses

kinderlied
11-21-2005, 08:38 PM
Question. I have the P1443 check engine code on, and I have replaced all of the hoses in the evap system. There is a long 3/8 hose coming from the vapor canister that routes to the passenger side front low in the engine compartment and is open, connected to nothing. Is that a vent as it says on the emissions lable, or is that suppose to go to something?

Thanks, Kevin in Peoria, AZ

kinderlied
12-01-2005, 11:16 PM
An update of sorts as I go along on this problem. I replaced the purge control solenoid ($43.00) as well as all the hoses in the system, and the light still came back on with the P1443 code. Today I wiped out the code with my reader, and installed a purge control solenoid relay valve ($20.00) The light has not come back on yet, and I was in traffice for an hour of rushour. Next will be the vapor canister (located inside the passenger wheel well under the wheel well cover) which is $75.00. I used to have the P0420 code for my 02 sensors, but the mil eliminators from Steeda took care of that. My exhaust is 2 1/2 BBK with long tube headers, crossover pipe, nice sounding mufflers, etc. The system has 02 fittings, cats.

Kevin in AZ

kinderlied
12-02-2005, 10:20 PM
Another update that I hope can help someone else. After replacing the hoses, thermister, and purge control solenoid, my P1443 code and the check engine light has not come back now for 48 miles and an hour and a half in Phoenix rush hour traffic. Hope it stays off. :thumbsup:

SNAKEYE
12-07-2005, 11:57 AM
FYI: The purge system check is only done EVERY OTHER ENGINE START! And then it takes 3-4 miles to do it.
It drove me crazy until I read up on the system's operation. The CE light would come on 3-4 miles from work on the trip home every night. I'd clear the code when I got home. The next morning the trip to work was uneventful. Then it would light up again on the trip home! Replacing that little solenoid valve there in the engine compartment high on the firewall in the hoseline on the passenger side solved all!

Keep your eye on the CE light!