PDA

View Full Version : So many CObra's For Sale

SoCalCobra311
11-21-2005, 10:23 PM
Well atleast in my area. About a year ago it was almost impossible to find a 03 to 04 Cobra anywhere. Now just looking in the auto trader or online there is atleast one on every lot and maybe 3 to 4 on most big Ford Dealerships. I was wondering why there is such a sudden increase or Cobra owners selling their cars back, my area being Southern California.

-Was it because people warranty's are up?
-Gas prices?
-Trading in and waiting to get the 2007?

InfamousSVT
11-22-2005, 04:45 AM
I think it has to do with a combination of things or which you have listed.

Some people are just getting tired of the Cobra's and want something new and others can't afford to keep them. But, I agree I have seen a bunch of 03/04 Cobra's going up on the market lately. I saw a Black 03 with minor mods on another forum selling for only $20,500 with not that many miles on it (30,000ish)

blk04cobra1
11-22-2005, 09:06 AM
mine might be for sale once we get it completed...just havent made up my mind yet...that new Z06 is so appealing :D

Riversnake
11-22-2005, 02:55 PM
With the asking prices I have seen around here, I have been considering selling mine too. A local Ford dealership just sold a Blk 04 with 6800 miles on it, minor mods; they were asking $31000 for it.

I'd sell mine for anything close to that--$28000? Gone! :D

Not that I really WANT to sell it or even HAVE to sell it. But for that kind of mone, sure, I part with it.

blk04cobra1
11-22-2005, 05:04 PM
I'd have to get a lot more than $28k for mine, but then again, it's got more than just minor mods :D

SoCalCobra311
11-22-2005, 11:22 PM
Yep, thats why I am asking because I am having one sent to me from Louisville through CarMax. Sales price is $24k with about 35k miles. And also I am seeing them with 50k miles and more for about $33k in my area of Southern California. They are a little pricey over here. Infamous, you had mentioned that people cant afford to keep them, is that due to the high gas prices or maintenance?

InfamousSVT
11-23-2005, 03:02 AM
Infamous, you had mentioned that people cant afford to keep them, is that due to the high gas prices or maintenance?
Referring to the gas prices and the way the economy is. Some people have them as a second vehicle just to play around with and have fun with, which may not be able to afford to keep them.
The maintenance on these cars are no different then any other car really, just take car of it and it'll last a long long time. :D

SoCalCobra311
11-23-2005, 03:28 AM
good stuff. I hear ya. :thumbsup:

blk04cobra1
11-23-2005, 10:29 AM
I wouldve probably gotten rid of mine, if it werent paid for...hell, it's still hard keeping up a "toy", thank god i'll be done modding for a while once the turbo's get put on :D

SoCalCobra311
11-23-2005, 10:39 PM
yeah thats another problem. The mod list goes on and on. So much to do. :cool:

Dave B.
11-24-2005, 01:08 AM
Gentlemen, Gentlemen,
Wheres you financial savvy?????

Cobra owners are selling because they have seen the money 03/04's have been pulling down, and want to cash in, Heck I when I saw a 2003 vert with 6700 miles on it going for $45,000 I said DANG!!! tHen thought about it myself,

but now theres a lot of the things on the market,,,, prices are going to fall,

the other thing I wanted to say, is the 03/04's are the only Cobras that came from the factory with a super charger on it, thats going to give those two years there own place in the market years from now, they will be the ones that started it all,,,,,,,, its a hold out thing mang! :D :D :D

SoCalCobra311
11-24-2005, 01:42 AM
very true. price will go down, but in say 30 years maybe it will go back up. :bounce:

Dave B.
11-24-2005, 01:51 AM
no, not 30 years,,,it will have to be much sooner than that, the Hydrogen powered stuff will rule by then,

as 48 year old speed freek, let me share with you all what I think your children and grand children will be talking about,

You know how we speak of cool stuff, like Prochargers, and Whipple chargers, and Cams, Gears, ect ect,

Well they will be talking the same why but about Electric high performance gear,,,,,"MAN I JUST GOT THE NEW 3000 WATT INVERTER, AND JUST DYNOED AT 15,000 VOLTS, THEN NEXT WEEK WE'RE GOING TO INSTALL THE NEW HYDROGEN SUPER PUMP THEN I BE KICKIN OUT 25,000MEGA VOLTS,"

know what I mean? you and I will be driving what they call "OLD CHAIN DRIVE MOTORS"

SoCalCobra311
11-24-2005, 01:58 AM
thats fine but I still cant wait to take my Classic 03 Cobra to the Classic Car Show. :rotf:

wvmystichrome
11-24-2005, 12:50 PM
thats fine but I still cant wait to take my Classic 03 Cobra to the Classic Car Show. :rotf:
+1

Thats how I am feeling. Another reason they could be selling is if they have a bunch of speeding tickets they might not be able to afford insurance on them. I have been very blessed as not to get one yet in my 04. Around here insurance is very hard to come by any way and very expensive to start with. With even one minor ticket for speeding you insurance can almost double. My sister got caught in her Rav4 going 74 in a 65 and her insurance went from 104 to about 190 per month. Its just not right but its a fact. One ticket can change your insurance rates for years to come. Just my 02 cents worth.

Dave B.
11-24-2005, 10:23 PM
this is the way I would divide it up,

sell because they think they can cash in due to high prices 65%

sell because of speeding tickets 10%

sell because of high insurance 10%

sell because of divorce factor 5%

sell because of high gas prices 10%

What say you?,,,,,,,,,,

ausie
11-28-2005, 07:26 AM
It is possible that some of them may be salvaged from the hurricane hit states when Katrina rolled through. If there seems to be an odd increase in the number of 03/04 in the market that may be one reason. If you are serious about buying one, run a carfax on the vin number to get its history. I doubt that all have been flood victims but perhaps one or two may have been.

cobracrazy
11-28-2005, 09:33 AM
My 03' is for sale because I am going to buy a dedicated track car... This one to be specific
http://www.northernvirginiamustangclub.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10547/normal_100_3599sm%7E0.jpg

This is what I am selling...
http://www.northernvirginiamustangclub.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10547/normal_100_0241_sm.jpg

26K miles on it, still under waranty. NEVER been raced although it has driven me to the track only to sit and watch. PM me if anyone is interested. I am only looking for the pay off so the car is going for CHEAP!!

SoCalCobra311
11-28-2005, 10:39 PM
Ooooh a Shelby. Nice

jjraiser
12-14-2005, 10:11 PM
no, not 30 years,,,it will have to be much sooner than that, the Hydrogen powered stuff will rule by then,

as 48 year old speed freek, let me share with you all what I think your children and grand children will be talking about,

You know how we speak of cool stuff, like Prochargers, and Whipple chargers, and Cams, Gears, ect ect,

Well they will be talking the same why but about Electric high performance gear,,,,,"MAN I JUST GOT THE NEW 3000 WATT INVERTER, AND JUST DYNOED AT 15,000 VOLTS, THEN NEXT WEEK WE'RE GOING TO INSTALL THE NEW HYDROGEN SUPER PUMP THEN I BE KICKIN OUT 25,000MEGA VOLTS,"

know what I mean? you and I will be driving what they call "OLD CHAIN DRIVE MOTORS"

Dave B, you're most likely right; and those cars will be awesome too. But, nothing will sound like a screaming American V8 at 5,000+ RPM!!! :bounce:

Big T
12-15-2005, 12:31 AM
It is possible that some of them may be salvaged from the hurricane hit states when Katrina rolled through. If there seems to be an odd increase in the number of 03/04 in the market that may be one reason. If you are serious about buying one, run a carfax on the vin number to get its history. I doubt that all have been flood victims but perhaps one or two may have been.
I'm from New Orleans and fortunately I haven't seen any flodded cobras. That would be very disturbing. I do home health and drive around alot. Initially, it was hard to get out because the traffic was so bad and there was no gas available. You know how good the gas mileage is with these cars. Although I have seen a few flooded Z06's. My friend had his ZO6 flooded and the rims were stolen about 2 weeks later. Then a few days later the whole car was gone. Some guy called him a few days later and said that someone dropped the car off on his lawn. He wanted to buy the flooded car from my friend. My friend and an undercover cop decided to meet with the guy and the guy wound up admitting to stealing the car. Needless to say he was arrested on the spot. The criminals aren't too bright down here.

ausie
12-15-2005, 06:56 AM
Glad to see the guy get busted for that.

It gets more complicated when buying from a different source than new from the dealer. At least there are some if you want one. Even If I wrecked mine, I would buy it back from the insurance company and use the parts to build up a kit-cobra (as long as the motor and transmission are still in good shape).

Russell
12-17-2005, 01:32 AM
I wonder if a lot of those cobra owners are selling due to the 07 's coming out soon,, i sure hope so haha,, cause i am in the market to buy 1,,, and if anyone has anything out there pm me i would love a mystichrome but i 'don't know if i'll be able to get 1 ,, thanx let me know what ya got:bounce: