PDA

View Full Version : Taking the KB off this weekend

InfamousSVT
11-22-2005, 03:42 AM
Taking the Kenne Bell off the car this weekend if everything goes smoothly. Also taking off the entire stock fuel system and installing upgraded pumps, lines, and rails.
Stay tuned for pictures and video* :thumbsup:

blk04cobra1
11-22-2005, 08:05 AM
You going the Aviator/Focus pump with a BAP route? Also, you still having problems with the KB?

kilroy
11-22-2005, 08:08 AM
What will be the turn-around time for the KB? Jim Bell give you an estimated time? :spimpin:

InfamousSVT
11-22-2005, 08:48 PM
I'm going to go with the Twin Focus pumps and new lines probably, was thinking about going with the CPR rails, but not really sure yet. I'm also sending my FPDM to MJ for him to rewire it, so that it doesn't crap out on me. I'm going to be selling the BAP, with the upgraded pumps and lines I won't need the BAP anymore.

Kilroy, I gave them a call last week and they said to just send it in with a list of what I wanted them to look at. It had been blowing oil out behind the pulley since I got it (bought it used) and it stopped for a while and then I increased the boost to 19psi so it started again on WOT pulls. After talking with KB, they are just going to replace all the seals on the blower and inspect the entire thing to see if anything else needs to be fixed or replaced.
So depending on how long it takes to replace the seals is how long it'll be down. Plus the fact that I have to ship it all the way to California and back.

**** happens, but it's all good. I bought the blower used in the first place. I should have just sent it to KB to begin with to make sure everything was fine before having it installed. Live and learn I guess. :D

smashedheadcat
11-22-2005, 09:35 PM
Getting serious with that car aren't ya. How close are you to maxing out your Fuel Pump Duty Cycle? I would think the stock pumps with the BAP would be enough. This is what I'm going to run for the time being. I also need to get my FPDM out to MJ, but haven't done that yet.

InfamousSVT
11-23-2005, 02:09 AM
Getting serious with that car aren't ya. How close are you to maxing out your Fuel Pump Duty Cycle? I would think the stock pumps with the BAP would be enough. This is what I'm going to run for the time being. I also need to get my FPDM out to MJ, but haven't done that yet.
I think the Duty cycle on the pumps were pretty much maxed, I toasted one already and the next one acts like it's about to go now. Since I'm having to replace one pump anyway, I figure I minds well upgrade the rest of the fuel system while I'm at it (less to do later).
I was really thinking about going twin turbo, but figure I'll just keep the KB and possibly later next year get a 324 stroker engine in there. Should make for a fun ride........and of course crank up the boost :D :D

The only thing on the car that is still stock besides the engine itself is the interior..........for a while anyway.;)

kilroy
12-10-2005, 01:30 AM
Jim Bell turned that unit around yet? Any updates to share? :burnout:

Big Daddy
12-10-2005, 03:35 AM

Josh, I'm running the '03 pumps with upgraded lines and CPR rails with the BAP and I'm not near maxing out the pumps duty cycle. :thumbsup:

NewFoundPower
12-10-2005, 09:43 PM
I am really sorry to hear that Jason. I know you have been waiting a long time to get your baby back on the road. Sounds like you have been hanging around Big Daddy too much :D .

-D-

Big Daddy
12-11-2005, 06:22 PM
I am really sorry to hear that Jason. I know you have been waiting a long time to get your baby back on the road. Sounds like you have been hanging around Big Daddy too much :D .

-D-

Yep, big power requires time and patience. Little power requires a big mouth! ;) :D :rotf: :rotf:

InfamousSVT
12-12-2005, 02:04 AM
Jim Bell turned that unit around yet? Any updates to share? :burnout:
Nope not yet, it arrived at KB on Wed. and I still haven't heard from them yet. I guess I'll hear from them when they have a bill for me to pay :rotf:

smashedheadcat
12-12-2005, 09:02 AM
Josh, I'm running the '03 pumps with upgraded lines and CPR rails with the BAP and I'm not near maxing out the pumps duty cycle. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up. I'm just going to keep my power limited right now and step it up as I step up my fuel system.

Cobra4me
12-12-2005, 10:56 AM
Nope not yet, it arrived at KB on Wed. and I still haven't heard from them yet. I guess I'll hear from them when they have a bill for me to pay :rotf: hope all turns out well and you still have some money when completed

InfamousSVT
12-13-2005, 03:00 PM
Got a call from Kenne Bell yesterday.

They said that the blower had been overheated (previous owner, bought it used) and that the seals had been cracked and the bearings/gears were fried :(
I asked what the turn around time was and he said he had it apart and could ship it back to me today.........................then I asked the price. He said that he could just do the bearings and seals for now, but later down the road the compressor would go out and it would start to use oil since it had been over heated. So I asked him to re-build the entire blower, which will be a new blower when I get it back, and asked how much for that...................$899 :eek:

Oh well, atleast I'll be getting a new blower :thumbsup:

Now, if I just had that fuel system already :rotf:

blk04cobra1
12-13-2005, 04:14 PM
We can get you that fuel system, no problem...

InfamousSVT
01-04-2006, 01:10 AM
Got the new Kenne Bell Friday, so I'll be putting it back on the car this weekend and installing a few other goodies that I got for Christmas :D

blk04cobra1
01-04-2006, 08:28 AM
you need to do it before Saturday, so you can bring it up to the Karts!!!!

AirForce1
01-04-2006, 03:30 PM
I'm going to go with the Twin Focus pumps and new lines probably, was thinking about going with the CPR rails, but not really sure yet. I'm also sending my FPDM to MJ for him to rewire it, so that it doesn't crap out on me. I'm going to be selling the BAP, with the upgraded pumps and lines I won't need the BAP anymore.

Kilroy, I gave them a call last week and they said to just send it in with a list of what I wanted them to look at. It had been blowing oil out behind the pulley since I got it (bought it used) and it stopped for a while and then I increased the boost to 19psi so it started again on WOT pulls. After talking with KB, they are just going to replace all the seals on the blower and inspect the entire thing to see if anything else needs to be fixed or replaced.
So depending on how long it takes to replace the seals is how long it'll be down. Plus the fact that I have to ship it all the way to California and back.

**** happens, but it's all good. I bought the blower used in the first place. I should have just sent it to KB to begin with to make sure everything was fine before having it installed. Live and learn I guess. :D
yea, i bought mine from KB and havent had any problems with it. Sorry to hear that you got the lemon from someone else. Did you know him? and did he dog it out?

AirForce1
01-04-2006, 03:40 PM
Jim Bell turned that unit around yet? Any updates to share? :burnout:where did you get that pic of the dog in the seat. that is cool.:rotf:

InfamousSVT
01-04-2006, 06:43 PM
No I didn't know the guy that had it before me, I got ripped off by a known shop which sold the blower to me telling me that it only had 500 miles on it and that it was well maintained.
But I've got a new one now with a warranty so everything is good to go. :thumbsup:

blk04cobra1, I would but I won't have time to install the blower and the new fuel pumps by then.

kilroy
01-05-2006, 07:56 AM
where did you get that pic of the dog in the seat. that is cool.:rotf:don't recall exactly where but on-line. I hadda trim it up a lil & then re-sized it for an avatar.

Kelvinator
01-05-2006, 03:28 PM
^^^^^^^^

I like it!

TL04SVT
01-05-2006, 04:18 PM
Got the new Kenne Bell Friday, so I'll be putting it back on the car this weekend and installing a few other goodies that I got for Christmas :D
About time they got it back to you, I can't wait til you get it back together and we can cruise again.

InfamousSVT
01-07-2006, 03:55 AM
About time they got it back to you, I can't wait til you get it back together and we can cruise again.
The blower will be back on it by Monday, now I'm just waiting on the fuel system to arrive and it's time to tune :D

kilroy
01-07-2006, 11:48 AM
I haven't seen Shannon post up in a while... is he helping you with the mods up there? Oh, & ask him if he's gonna make the trek down to Jackson with you on Feb. 18th, too. Be nice to see him again.

InfamousSVT
01-07-2006, 03:30 PM
I haven't seen Shannon post up in a while... is he helping you with the mods up there? Oh, & ask him if he's gonna make the trek down to Jackson with you on Feb. 18th, too. Be nice to see him again.
I haven't heard from him in a while. I don't think he'll be coming to Jackson because he doesn't have a roll bar or lightbar, I know last time he posted he said that he didn't want to make the drive down there to be kicked off the track. He ran a 7.01 in the 1/8th on a bad clutch so he's going to need a lightbar or rollbar before going to Jackson. I'm sure they are really cracking down since all the wrecks they've been having.

NO 5 OH
01-09-2006, 03:14 AM

I've heard that he's around from time to time ;) Always lurking but hardly ever posting anymore. There are reasons for that but I'd really rather not say... I've had the "distinction" in the past of being a trouble maker and would rather just left things unsaid.

I'm still fighting with the new clutch install... it took me almost two months to finish everything up (and that's a long story as well). I don't know if I've got it adjusted right, or if the 2nd gear shift fork is bad. I'm thinking it's not adjusted right but I'm not 100% sure... I've ran out of adjustment room on my firewall adjuster and it's right on top of the valve cover. Aside from that I need a tune badly in the car as it's really never been tuned right since the Whipple went on... and that was over a year ago now. I might possilbly come down to run... I'll probably make a bunch of 1/8th mile runs and hit the brakes hard :D

I haven't heard from him in a while.

And I wonder exactly why that would be :doubt:

Shannon

InfamousSVT
01-09-2006, 08:48 PM
And I wonder exactly why that would be :doubt:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :dunno: :dunno: :scratch:

NO 5 OH
01-09-2006, 11:42 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :dunno: :dunno: :scratch:

Ah... just what I thought. At least you could tell the truth instead of saying "I don't know why I haven't heard from him."

And BTW...

Paying someone to do the mods on your car is like paying someone to screw your wife and have fun doing it.

:D:D:D:D

InfamousSVT
01-09-2006, 11:50 PM
It's a good thing I'm not married:rotf: :rotf: