PDA

View Full Version : 03 cobra stalling

todds03
11-25-2005, 08:14 PM
hey guys, my 03 cobra has this stalling problem, it doesnt happen all the time though, only when i come to a stop, she stalls but starts right away, it happend when i first bought it, twice it did , but i modified it right away. but it still does it and its gettin worse, they changed the iac, but still the same. but nobody seems to no the problem, does anybody out there do ???????

Red03
11-25-2005, 08:28 PM
I see you have a 03. I was having the same problem and had ford re-flash the ECM. They actually install a 04 program, there is a TSB for this from Ford. Not sure how much you have modded the car but if you have a good service manager they might just do it for you. Hope this helps.

One other thing what mods do you do to the car? CAI? If so check ALL clamps and such, these cars do NOT like any air leaks

blk04cobra1
11-26-2005, 12:59 PM
Like Red said, just have the dealer reflash the computer...if you have it modified, your custom tune should be stored or your tuner should be able to help you out with your stalling issues...if not, just swing by the dealer and have them reflash it for you :thumbsup:

todds03
11-26-2005, 04:23 PM
I had it reflashed about a month ago, but didnt help and he also checked everything else, clamps, etc. everything checks out perfect., of corse it did not stall when they took it for a test drive. but my mods are 2.8 pully, k&n filter pack,bbks long tubes x-pipe magna flow mufflers, accufab throttle body, annd tuned with sct- chip. I might take it to a different tuner, i really did not care for the one i went to. Will do this in the spring. My blower is being ported now, do u think it will be worth it if i put a 2lb. lower pully on? I also have a bigger heat exchanger on too.

Red03
11-26-2005, 05:41 PM
I had it reflashed about a month ago, but didnt help and he also checked everything else, clamps, etc. everything checks out perfect., of corse it did not stall when they took it for a test drive. but my mods are 2.8 pully, k&n filter pack,bbks long tubes x-pipe magna flow mufflers, accufab throttle body, annd tuned with sct- chip. I might take it to a different tuner, i really did not care for the one i went to. Will do this in the spring. My blower is being ported now, do u think it will be worth it if i put a 2lb. lower pully on? I also have a bigger heat exchanger on too.

WOW, the re-flash solved mine, not sure what else to tell ya. Might be the tune. You are running close to what I have, or will be when you get your ported blower. Currently have a Stiegmyer(sp) stage III port (includes TB and intake port) with 2.93 pulley, all billetflow idlers, K&N FIPK w/JLT RAI, Gords cooler, Bassani exhaust (- headers) with Dan the Man SCT tuning. Car made 435RWHP/395TQ before port, pullies and tune, 490RWHP/475TQ after with the MAF pegged so it has more. My understanding is the lower will help ALOT with TQ #s. A lower and new MAF will be my next mod, so yes I think the 2lb lower would worth it.

secondchance
11-26-2005, 10:18 PM
I noticed you have a K&N. Has it been reoiled? I've heard that over-oiling can foul the MAF and cause problems.

todds03
11-27-2005, 04:26 PM
My car was stalling when i first bought it , it did it only twice, but i thought it was me, then i modified it and it still did it, but after the reflash, it starting to get worse. I called JDM here in N.J. and they said it was in the computer, they said they worked on cars evenwith no mods with the same problem and they fixed it, but they did not tell me what it was . but it will cost me 450.00 plus a new reburned chip to fix it(on the dyno). the dealer cant warrenty it because of the chip installed:mad: . Oh yea im gettin the stage 3 port done, is it worth the performance?

blk04cobra1
11-27-2005, 06:59 PM
Todd, Steggy has a system developed to maximize their ports and as far as I know, if you follow their formula, you'll see 40+rwhp...there are plenty of guys running around 530rwhp on a Steggy port, so if you ask me, 40+rwhp for $500 is well worth it...you do have to add the 2lb or 4lb lower like you were talking about :thumbsup:

todds03
11-28-2005, 06:48 PM
sounds good, thats exactly what i am goin to do, thanks. Oh , and do u have to increase injecter size? fuel pump?

blk04cobra1
11-29-2005, 08:59 AM
I think you'll be okay with the stock one's, if you just do the port. In most cases though, the pumps are being maxed out around 535rwhp. Now, if you were to add a small shot of nitrous :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: , then I would uprgrade the injectors and get a BAP!!!

Pro-Dyno
12-01-2005, 08:02 PM
If you have sct they can just re-burn the chip you have it is a common problem it has to do with the iac dash pot dropping to fast and causing the car to cut off usually at a rolling stop

:thumbsup:

spincobra03
12-13-2005, 09:54 PM
hey todd I am brand new to the site today. I have an 03 red convertable i bought in feb of 05. A few times I have experienced when I throw it into neutral at like 30mph it has stalled on my 3 times before. I lose my power steering and everything, it was very strange, so to avoid this I just down shift until I get into second then i can put in neutral with no problems. someone told me to look into the timing of the idler if that makes any sense. I dont know cars half as much as these guys but just wanted u to know that I have had a similar problem. other than that my car rules. also guys wondering what i can do to mod my car, at least the basics. I have a k&n air charger, suv flowmasters, street glow kit(which I highly recommend for car shows, they look awsome at night) any suggestions would be great.

cobrabitn
12-13-2005, 10:17 PM
Spin03,

What is your hometown? It's nice to see where everyone is from... :D

blk04cobra1
12-14-2005, 08:16 AM
Spin03,

What is your hometown? It's nice to see where everyone is from... :D
Just look for the streetglow :D ...j/k, a little ribbing on the newbie...it is nice to know where everyone is from :thumbsup:

spincobra03
12-14-2005, 10:04 PM
I am from north of boston in Massachusetts, and the glow kit IS AWSOME