PDA

View Full Version : Please Exlplain!

svtvnm
11-29-2005, 03:52 AM
Firstly, great forum.
I have a 1999 cobra and on a recent visit to my local exhaust centre I had the original mufflers removed and replaced with a highflow set. On the top side of the origianal mufflers there was written in black marker "GENERAL EVALUATION VEHICLE". Does anyone out there have any idea what the hell this means. I would appreciate any information or suggestions.

beerkat
11-29-2005, 09:33 AM
I could be wrong buy my guess is that your car was pulled form the line at some time to check it. Kind of a quality control car.

WOPONY98
11-29-2005, 12:30 PM
When in doubt just call SVT and ask. They will tell you if it is anything to worry about or simple just what was stated by beerkat. :thumbsup:

ausie
12-24-2005, 01:26 PM
I would think Beerkat is on the money. Your vehicle may have been selected for QA review, or at least the parts on your car may have come from such. More than likely a small percentage of vehicles were selected for evauluation (total dissasembly would be my guess). The parts may have been marked where they came from. If they are re-usable they were probably re-sent to the final assembly area. It may have well been involved with the HP fix for the 1999 year. You would be surprised how much paint marks and QA check insignias are on the body parts, motor, etc.... My 2001 was covered with signature initials all over it, at first I thought they were parts from a salvage yard eventhough I bought it new off the lot. Latter I was told the marks were from QA evaluations during the assembly process. Probably nothing to worry about.