PDA

View Full Version : Ford Part # Confusion...

Bartman01
11-29-2005, 02:32 PM
Want to replace the spark plugs with OEM plugs. Should be simple, but apparently it is not. Yes I know I have other options, but for now I chose to stick with what is working.

From what I could find in my manual, the 01 Ford Car shop manual, and online the 01 Cobra takes the AWSF-32EE plug. This part number has been superceeded many times and is now apparently AGSF-32F-MF4.

However the parts counter guy's computer shows that the 01 Cobra uses the AWSF-32E (only one E). Which again has been superceeded several times and is now the AGSF-32W-MF4.

The 32F plug (old 32EE) has a much thinner electrode than the 32W:

.| .... _
/ \ vs / \

Anyone know what part I really need?

Firme
11-29-2005, 02:42 PM
sorry dude, I have been running the NGK V-Power TR55 for ~$1.50 since my first plug change and haven't looked back.

But I know O'Reily's list's 3 different plugs for the 2001 Cobra:
-Motorcraft AGSF-32FM 3.99 (don't know the description)
-Motorcraft AGSF-32WM, which is a Single platinum with the iridium electrode listed at $3
-Motorcraft AWSF-32EE Double Platinum listed for 3.99.

So all of those fit the 01, its just what you want IE: Single vs double platinum. Which ever was OEM would be a direct replacement I guess.

jimmysidecarr
11-29-2005, 03:40 PM
I'm showing single "E"s replaced by--> AGSF32WMF4

If you pull the originals out and they are not single "E"s but doubles "EE"... they are replaced by the same number above...

:thumbsup:

Bartman01
11-29-2005, 04:01 PM
Did a little digging, and what I found agrees with the above. E/W = platinum, EE/F = double platinum. I hate the fact that Ford changes part numbers every other day for no apparent reason. The offical motorcraft lookup shows E/W as the correct part for the 01, and since they are cheaper (and the same plug for all practical purposes) I think I will use those.

Evilcartman
11-29-2005, 04:05 PM
Did a little digging, and what I found agrees with the above. E/W = platinum, EE/F = double platinum. I hate the fact that Ford changes part numbers every other day for no apparent reason. The offical motorcraft lookup shows E/W as the correct part for the 01, and since they are cheaper (and the same plug for all practical purposes) I think I will use those.

I believe that on some vehicles, the double Plat was only used on one (bank) side and the single on the other. They did that because of the way the coils fire. Basically they saved money since they didn't have to make all the tips plat.