PDA

View Full Version : Smoking prioblem?

svtvnm
12-01-2005, 08:47 PM
Just a query my 1999 cobra has ever since I have had it for two years blown smoke on start up. I had the heads removed as was told the valve retainers and seat were stuffed. So I had the heads fully reconditioned and while they were out they were ported/polished and flowed. But still on ocaision it blows smoke but not blue smoke. Just thick white smoke sometimes when the engine is cold. But it does not always do this. Can anyone offer any thoughts as to the reason for this.

WVSNS&
12-01-2005, 09:30 PM
I had the same problem. I ended up getting the heads shaved, new gaskets. I did end up with the oil catcher from steeda. Most all of the problem gone. Just put the oil seperator on and now am selling the 01. It was an easy install too. Took all of fifteen minutes and that was taking it very careful.:D

john

03slidewayzSVT
12-01-2005, 09:33 PM
does it do it in all kinds of weather? if not it might be condensation in the pipes and when hot exhaust hits the moisture it makes white smoke. if its not that do a compression test in each cylinder and do a pressure test on the cooling system. good luck hope thats any insight.:thumbsup: