PDA

View Full Version : Warranty Question

SoCalCobra311
12-03-2005, 09:13 PM
Im having my 03 Cobra shipped from Texas. The previous owner had the extended warranty that was 60k Miles or 6 years. The Cobra was 22k miles. I was wondering if this warranty will carry over to me or am I out of luck. I was thinking maybe this warranty is registered to the car and it will transfer to me.

cobrabitn
12-03-2005, 10:03 PM
The warranty should go with the car although it probably depends on whether when the original owner bought it that it had "transfer to a new owner" clause in the contract. Most of them have this clause but I would check with the original owner who bought the extended warranty with the car.

SoCalCobra311
12-04-2005, 12:18 PM
alright. thanks for the info :thumbsup:

rawsvt03
12-08-2005, 10:04 PM
I just had the same experience although I live in TX, in fact I probably looked at your cobra if it was online. I went to a random ford dealership with the owner, did some signatures and now I own the extended 60K mile warranty. I'm just wondering if the warranty will be honored if I put mods on? Free repair vs. unlimited power, it's a dilemma.

SoCalCobra311
12-08-2005, 11:47 PM
do I need the owner with me that used to own my vehicle for the warranty to carry over?

blk04cobra1
12-09-2005, 08:09 AM
you should be able to have him sign it over, unless in the original contract it states "automatically transfers to new owner"...I'd just call the previous owner and see if he still has his paperwork...or just call your dealer and talk with the warranty dept.

iceman412
12-09-2005, 08:25 AM
I just finished going through this myself. You must get the original extended warranty paperwork from the seller, then go to your nearest dealer and see the fianance people. They will fill out a form that will transfer the warranty to you. There is a $50.00 fee involved. Ford will send the new warranty, in you name to you within two weeks. You only have 30 days from the sale date to accomplish this, so don't waste any time. Good luck!