PDA

View Full Version : How was MSR????

johnbasf
12-04-2005, 04:36 PM
Well??? :D

soundray
12-04-2005, 05:12 PM
I just got back and had a blast. Thanks to all the people that made the event happen and run smoothly. It was very well run. My Navy Blue C5 was the quietest car in the Red group. Very first session on Saturday was slick and interesting with everyone testing lots of weird lines (including plenty of off track excursions).:D I really enjoyed the turn after the front straight into the carousel and felt like I was keeping good momentum through that section. For me, the most technical session can be seen in the upper right hand of the track aerial photo. It was extremely painful if you were using poor lines, but one you ran through a couple of times you could turn it into a straight (i.e. on throttle early and all the way through) immediately followed by the most prominent elevation change on track also a fun element. The curbing helped in getting through some tight sections if you were willing to use them. (Too bad, I don't see a internet map with corner numbers.) Everyone from first timer to seasoned instructor/racer seemed to be in the grove all day Sunday. I had a few visiting friends that got lost going to the track, apparently Country Road 48 crosses 288 in multiple places.
Raymund
01 Navy Blue C5

http://www.zenmetal.com/temp/Racetrack_3.jpg

http://www.zenmetal.com/Racetrack_3.jpg

97CasperCobra
12-04-2005, 07:28 PM
I didn't get to get on the track thanks to NTB using an impact gun on my lugs(broke one Friday night) and their crappy alignment(found out the cords were showing on my front pass. tire). Everyone had a GREAT time, great event....now I need sleep.... :(

Can't wait to go back. Some really sweet rides and some great people. :thumbsup:

Firme
12-04-2005, 07:44 PM
I had a BLAST!!!!

:bounce:

UFO
12-04-2005, 08:52 PM
I was only there on Saturday and only had 2 hot sessions but thought the event was great.

There were a few things I disliked about the track though and they all involved the pits. The Last turn will see somebody going into the pit wall at some point and it's also very difficult to check for traffic when exiting the pits. I do realise one of the staff working that day wouldn't send you out into traffic but I still like to check for myself ;). Other than those 2 'problems' I thought the track was excellent. I would have liked to maybe see a few low speed corners (I could drive the track in 3rd & 4th gear alone) but was happy enough with the way the track was setup.

I'll say it again though: You guys should be proud of yourselves for putting on an awesome event.

jimmysidecarr
12-04-2005, 08:56 PM
It was good seeing you at another of our events!!! These guys really do a nice job.... they really do care about keeping it safe ... and that everyone has a fun time!!!

You looked great out there... the few times I managed to catch a peek at ya goin round!!!

Wasn't it fun running with such a diverse mix of cool cars???

Pretty incredible track!!! ----------->I LOVED IT!!! :thumbsup:

UFO
12-04-2005, 09:16 PM
It was good seeing you at another of our events!!! These guys really do a nice job.... they really do care about keeping it safe ... and that everyone has a fun time!!!

You looked great out there... the few times I managed to catch a peek at ya goin round!!!

Wasn't it fun running with such a diverse mix of cool cars???

Pretty incredible track!!! ----------->I LOVED IT!!! :thumbsup: It was nice to finally meet you. Sorry I had to run but the free food & beer were calling me :D.

I was watching a video of one of my laps where I didn't encounter traffic and decided to time it. Seems I was going round in about 2:04 and wondered what sort of times others were getting.

jimmysidecarr
12-04-2005, 10:44 PM
It was nice to finally meet you. Sorry I had to run but the free food & beer were calling me :D.

I was watching a video of one of my laps where I didn't encounter traffic and decided to time it. Seems I was going round in about 2:04 and wondered what sort of times others were getting.

I have no idea on lap times... It is purposely forbidden because of the obscene spike in insurance pricing.. for a timed type of event.

But If someone somehow figured out a way to find out a lap time and accidentally PM'd me that info :D

I would never reveal my sourse...lol

It felt pretty darn good though... very fun track!!! 3rd and 4th only for me as well :thumbsup:

Some of the pics my wifey took of me were pretty humbling too...

SuperG
12-04-2005, 11:04 PM
That was certainly a fun track! I guess I might go again...:D It was fun to watch those high horsepower cars blast through the straights...I was also impressed at how fast most of the Cobras were able to take those turns.

I agree about the pit entrance...the pit would have been better to be straight east with the entrance at the final turn so visibility would be excellent...I was unable to put my full trust in the someone else sending me out...

Got some great video especially at the front straight. I'll try and post them later in the week...

Carl G
12-05-2005, 08:43 AM
The event was great and the track was really good. It was difficult the first few runs but as the day progressed it was really getting fast. There were some really fast cars out there and watching the instructors run was a blast. Great track event for SCMC :thumbsup:

Miguel
12-06-2005, 09:52 AM
It Rocked!! Smooth track, practicaly shaved your tires for ya. Lots of complex turns, had to use the ol' noggin. Very well organized.

Miguel
12-06-2005, 09:57 AM
I didn't get to get on the track thanks to NTB using an impact gun on my lugs(broke one Friday night) and their crappy alignment(found out the cords were showing on my front pass. tire). Everyone had a GREAT time, great event....now I need sleep.... :(

Can't wait to go back. Some really sweet rides and some great people. :thumbsup:Shame about NTB. ditch them for Discount, we did and are very happy for it. Find a good SVT Cobra tuner and stick to them, might be a bit pricey, but wort hit IMHO. I think I met Casper's twin out there.

97CasperCobra
12-06-2005, 05:28 PM
Shame about NTB. ditch them for Discount, we did and are very happy for it. I think I met Casper's twin out there.

I'm gonna deal with NTB tomorrow..and hopefully get some $$$ out of them. Stan(Levi) is Casper's twin...minus the white wheels and he's got the killer suspension. :(