PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to everyone for making the MSR Houston event a great success!!!

Firme
12-04-2005, 07:48 PM
I would like to thank everyone who came out and supported event. I had a GREAT time. The track is very fun!!!

I would also like to thanks everyone who helped out with the event, the instructors, Joe Myers ford, and MSR Houston, for being great hosts, this facilities is just going to get better and better....

Hope everyone had fun!!

Admiral
12-04-2005, 08:17 PM
Awesome event guys, well done! Had a blast and really enjoyed the new track. Great job by those who worked so hard to put on this fantastic event.

UFO
12-04-2005, 08:44 PM
Yeah, huge thanks to Edmond and Dave for, well, you know why :). I had a blast. It was a little tough being on my feet all day long but it was well worth my time. Once MSR is finished it will be an even more awesome venue for future events. You guys put ona great show and should be proud of yourselves!

Carl G
12-05-2005, 08:31 AM
This was our best open track and thanks to Andy, David, Edmond, Jim and jackie for all your hard work to make this event happen. What a weekend, the track was awesome and very technical. It was good to see everyone enjoying themselves and the best part we all came home safe. I cant say enough on how good the corner workers were and how you knew what was going on the track at all times. We should use them at all our events in the future. MSR Houston has a bright future and I for one will support their efforts by attending a lot more events their in the upcoming months. Great job every and thanks for a fun event.

97CasperCobra
12-05-2005, 09:26 AM
This was our best open track and thanks to Andy, David, Edmond, Jim and jackie for all your hard work to make this event happen. It was good to see everyone enjoying themselves and the best part we all came home safe.

I 100% agree!!!! :thumbsup:

I would also like to thank Phil who helped me out with my Focus when I found out I corded a tire, followed me to Discount, offered to loan me money and even bought me lunch & breakfast!!!! Big thanks to Edmond for letting me stay at the house too!! It was great seeing everyone....thanks for all the hard work to make this event run smoothly and thanks to MSR for hosting us and providing such a great facility!!!

Mephisto
12-05-2005, 09:32 AM
Thanks to everyone. I had a great time. I see lots of pictures but none of them have the Hebe in them :dunno: Was i going too slow?

YELLOW GROUP RULES!

Hazman
12-05-2005, 09:45 AM
This was our best open track and thanks to Andy, David, Edmond, Jim and jackie for all your hard work to make this event happen. What a weekend, the track was awesome and very technical. It was good to see everyone enjoying themselves and the best part we all came home safe. Great job every and thanks for a fun event.

Well said!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

We had a great time, managed to put some faces with some screen names and real names, and that track is awesome. Hope you folks had a great day Sunday and I wish we could have stayed around. We made it home this morning around 0900 after stopping at my Mom's in Chattanooga for the night. If you only stop when the truck needs fuel and you keep the cruise between 70-75 you can make Angleton to Knoxville in 14 hours and 27 minutes! That means CMP is only about 18 hours from Houston!! :eek:

Any we hope to see you folks again at the track somewhere sometime!! :D

On a special note to Admiral aka Mike Bell you are one class act my friend. That car of yours is awesome!! I had the checkbook ready and a place on the trailer but you gave me some very good advice and were more interested in helping me make the right decesion than just selling a car. THANK YOU!!

Admiral
12-05-2005, 10:01 AM
Rick,

Glad to hear you made it home safe - that's a long drive! I enjoyed meeting you and your wife (even though she blew by us in her Z06 lol) and glad you were able to make the decision that is best for you. Like I said, it's not about the money. I hope we can hook up someday at a track event again!

Mike

Hazman
12-05-2005, 10:54 AM
Oh and by the way Mike there were a couple of fellows working late on a fox body AI car in the paddock Saturday night that said they were glad I did not buy the car also. They are hoping you will run in AI again next year so they can have someone to whup on again!! :eek:

Just repeating what I heard :D

Andy M
12-05-2005, 03:11 PM
Many thanks to my fellow team mates, including David, Jim, Jackie, Edmond, and my beautiful wife - Tammy - for working hard to help make this a great event!

Also many thanks go out to the many other SCMC members and non-members who came out to enjoy some track fun with us! Thanks to Mike and Keith (and anyone else I have missed) who took hundreds of great pics of us during the weekend!

What a great team and a terrific event!! SCMC ROCKS!! :thumbsup: :bounce:

MSR Houston is a great facility and the owners and staff were wonderful to work with!! :thumbsup:

ORANGE CRUSH
12-05-2005, 04:28 PM
I had an absolute blast and everyone and everything were organized and very professional. Thanks to everyone that put it together.

I pass Cobra R's for fun.:D

jimmysidecarr
12-05-2005, 04:29 PM
It's too bad the track lay out was so boring and monotonous..... :rolleyes:

NOT!!! ;) :p

Positively AMAZING EVENT!!! Like nothing I have ever done before!!!

My smile muscles are still aching :D :D :D .... so are my neck muscles... that helmet(and contents) really started getting heavy by Sunday afternoon...

I was very impressed with the....
1. Track it self
2. The flow of the event
3. The fantastic array of ultra high performance machinery
4. The amazing number of extremely talented drivers
5. The remarkable lack of "bad attitude" drivers<----(sooo refreshing!!!)
6. The speeds that were possible from what appeared at first to be confusing and tight slow track<-----(confusing... maybe ... tight and slow<---NOT!!!)

I would like to thank everyone who helped me with tid bits of advise and instruction(Marty@TWS & Joe Johnson@MSRH)...

Who says an old dawg can't learn new tricks????
Keep the Ice.... I like this better!!! :p

93KingCobra
12-05-2005, 05:55 PM
I 100% agree!!!! :thumbsup:

I would also like to thank Phil who helped me out with my Focus when I found out I corded a tire, followed me to Discount, offered to loan me money and even bought me lunch & breakfast!!!! Big thanks to Edmond for letting me stay at the house too!! It was great seeing everyone....thanks for all the hard work to make this event run smoothly and thanks to MSR for hosting us and providing such a great facility!!!

No problem bro, I know any one of you guys would do the same for me. Also thanks Edmond for letting us crash at your house.. That is what makes this club so great. I really had so much fun that it makes me want to get online and start ordeing alot of race parts but the paint job comes first. :thumbsup:

P.S. thanks Rachel for the lunch money on sunday..

Mrs TwiceBitten
12-05-2005, 06:13 PM
P.S. thanks Rachel for the lunch money on sunday..Anytime. Thanks to everyone for allowing me to continue my learning curve with the group...especially with my instructor who drew the short straw and "got the girl." It was good safe fun. A little sore today and looking at a filthy Cobra R. And Todd...don't get too used to passing me... :cool:

97CasperCobra
12-05-2005, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE=Mrs TwiceBitten] A little sore today and looking at a filthy Cobra R.QUOTE]

Talk to the Big Boy Racing member about a massage.....the R will be cleaned this weekend....geez.... ;) :p

97CasperCobra
12-05-2005, 06:40 PM
Oh yea...and thanks to Daddy Warbucks..aka the Rope Warden...aka Carl....for the lunch money on Sunday. I've got the $10 in change and will pay ya back next Tues. :thumbsup:

Evilcartman
12-05-2005, 10:12 PM
I had a great time and all I have done is talk about it since. You don't have to drive to have fun, I can prove that. I thoroughly enjoyed just hanging out and visiting with people. It was good seeing UFO and a few others that I have not seen in a while. It didn't suck looking at all the exotics also, including the '05 Z06.

97CasperCobra
12-05-2005, 10:40 PM
It didn't suck looking at all the exotics also, including the '05 Z06.

I REALLY wish you came out on Sun as well....I got to go to the other side of the track with a long straight before the last few turns into Pit Road.....you should have heard that Z06 at WOT..... :eek:

Evilcartman
12-06-2005, 07:56 AM
I REALLY wish you came out on Sun as well....I got to go to the other side of the track with a long straight before the last few turns into Pit Road.....you should have heard that Z06 at WOT..... :eek:

I wish I could have made it also.

jimmysidecarr
12-06-2005, 09:39 AM

You should of heard that ZO6 at WOT from right on his back bumper!!! :eek:
It pulled like a freaking freight train on the straights!!!!
He was still learning the car though ... so that's why he wasn't faster in the twisty bits...

Hell I'd be afraid of losing that monster too!!!
Pretty good driver... didn't run any screwball lines while I was behind him...
He just didn't want to hang it all out... he probably wasn't even at 50%

Yet another amazing machine!!!! :thumbsup:

Miguel
12-06-2005, 10:17 AM
I had an absolute blast all weekend. Of the three events I've been to this was the most fun I've had. Lots of people with friendly attitudes, no one heckled me for being the proverbial 'rolling chicane', and the passing, and being passed was all done efficiently and friendly like. Not a single train like those frequently seen at TWS. Mark Bettin did a wonderfull (and patient) job of instructing me, showing me different lines and stuff. I know we were all griping about the por-o-lets, but a chance to run in a brand new track, one so smooth it practicaly shaved your tires, was too good to pass, I'd have gone if all we had was the track itself. All those complex turns force you to think and look ahead.
Kudos to the organizers and the hosts, it was super smooth and with a big crowd.

jagger
12-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Thanks "03 cobra toy" for coming over and inviting the s2000's out to play.It was a great event!I had a blast....Blackflag

SuperG
12-09-2005, 10:44 PM
I too had a great time! It was great to meet Jim and his lovely wife, to meet the Cobra members, to meet the "other" car drivers, and to run around a brand new track only one hour away! I truly enjoyed watching all the cars zoom by on the front straight! I especially appreciate all the advice I received on modifying my Cobra, since I am such a newbie!

Hope I didn't slow anyone down while in the Taurus SHO...I promise to be faster next time...Heh heh!

BTW...when do we get to go again?

Levi
12-14-2005, 01:11 PM
Just thought I would share an individuals comments from another forum on our track weekend at MSRH. They where talking about MSRC track membership.

It would be cool to join one of the organizations, but it's cheaper for me to do track days (like the most excellent SVT Cobra Mustang Club event a couple of weeks ago) than to actually get a membership. And I went out as a guest of a member to Cresson a few months ago, and it was actually kinda boring without having people in my way. At HPDEs I'm always wishing for clean track, and then I get it and I'm like, "Well, this blows."

:thumbsup:

Levi
12-29-2005, 01:49 PM
Found a video of someone at our MSRH weekend. :thumbsup:

http://www.aggie97.com/SVTam.mpg

Firme
12-29-2005, 04:26 PM
great video, I hope we don't kill his bandwidth.

Matt let us know if you're in danger of going over on the downloads.

jimmysidecarr
12-29-2005, 07:50 PM
I LOVE THAT VID!!!

I've replayed it about 5 times!!!! :p

Levi
12-30-2005, 09:35 AM
great video, I hope we don't kill his bandwidth.

Matt let us know if you're in danger of going over on the downloads.

He said that it's on another locations that should be ok.

I thought it better to post here so people that posted here would see the vid.

Cool?

Does that video ROCK or what, and man can that dude drive. Looked like Mike was pulling on him at one time and then Mike got some rear tire rub, not good.

Admiral
12-31-2005, 11:06 AM
Confession time:

Back in August a buddy gave me 4 Cobra R rims for free. I use them on the AI car and love them, so I promptly bought 4 new race tires and mounted them up. Raced the car at TWS and thought my shocks/struts were going out on me. Car began to roll over on the tires badly and make all sorts of rear end noises. Me, being a terrible mechanic (read: pretty ignorant) took the car to the shop and had the T2R rebuilt and several other adjustments made.

Light bulb went on after the MSRH weekend. Put the car in the air and took the rear wheels off and the inside fenderwells showed SEVERE rub marks. Turns out two of the wheels had a different offset and by chance they were on the back of the car. They were M179s vs the R58s my SN95 needs. Tires were rubbing terribly in the back end of the car in any corner. That carousel at MSRH was the worst, I couldn't get on the gas at all and had to wait while all sorts of rubbing noises and groaning was going on in the back end lol. I had to let Matt go by, he was flying and there was no way I could hang with him while my back tires were eating themselves up on the fenderwells.

An easy lesson learned the hard way, seems to be my way of doing things in life. :eek:

aggie97
01-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Confession time:
I had to let Matt go by, he was flying and there was no way I could hang with him while my back .......

Damn, that had to hurt to say?!!!:D

Thanks for the compliments on the video. I was pushing pretty hard to catch Mike under braking and in a couple corners but he has about 30-40 hp on me and a good bit more seat time than I do so I appreciated the opportunity to have fun but realistically if he had not had the tire issue, I would not have had much for him in a real race. The last session on Sunday however, I was pushing at 105% trying to catch David Armstrong in the Silver SN95 AIX car. I think after about 13 laps and a ton of traffic, I managed to drop a full second of my previous times and reel him in by about 3/4 of the front straight.....only to go off in turn 4 attempting to find the absolute latest braking point possible...I passed it and went straight off...no harm no foul.

I am just happy to have had the opportunity to have fun with the AI/CMC guys in prep for next year and to try my hand at instructing. This group was far better than any other OT event I have run in regards to passing/being passed and general attitude towards learning. I was a little worried to have a bunch of Mustang guys on a road course but found that I was worried for nothing. Kudos to all and I too am watching that video about 3 times a day!:thumbsup:

Admiral
01-06-2006, 07:20 AM
Eww, now Matt don't make me pull the AI car out of mothballs and come whup on your mod-motored sled - it hurts to be beaten by a dinosaur I hear, lol. :D

aggie97
01-06-2006, 11:53 PM
Eww, now Matt don't make me pull the AI car out of mothballs and come whup on your mod-motored sled - it hurts to be beaten by a dinosaur I hear, lol. :D
Bring it old man!!! :thumbsup: We really need to start some S#!t talking on the AI/CMC board....it's 4 weeks away from the first event and nary a peep out of those guys....I have plenty to do on the car like build a cage, install a motor and a few other safety items.

<---getting up REALLY early tomorrow to work on the car.