PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Ratio ?

tazzracing1
12-04-2005, 11:45 PM
I was wonder how far the air/fuel ratio would be off with the following.
1. 2.94 Super charger pully
2. cia
4. exhaust cat upgrade and mufflers
5. possible mas air meter(not sure yet need to check into further

Thank You for your help.

Riversnake
12-05-2005, 08:39 AM
When I had mine tuned, the first run was aborted at about 4000 RPMs due to it running very very lean. Mods were nearly identical to yours.

blk04cobra1
12-05-2005, 10:03 AM
We've found if you change the blower pulley with the stock tune, you run lean, like Riversnake said...that is also why any tuner will suggest you get a custom dyno tune if you change the blower pulley...If you're running a CAI and exhaust, you'll more than likely be fine :thumbsup:

tazzracing1
12-05-2005, 01:52 PM
I have the chip that came with the car. I installed the chip and it set off the theft system. I was wondering if I have to turn the key on after install and let it learn the chip?

kilroy
12-06-2005, 10:00 AM
I was wonder how far the air/fuel ratio would be off with the following.
1. 2.94 Super charger pully
2. cia
4. exhaust cat upgrade and mufflers
5. possible mas air meter(not sure yet need to check into further

Thank You for your help.Don't wonder - know. Finding a reputable shop nearby with wideband O2 is the only way to fly. There are tuners that will work with your dyno shop over the phone to get you dialed in as well. Rick Erdman (Amazon Racing/Amazon Tuning Solutions) is one such tuner & he's top-notch in my book.

http://smilies.storagebin.us/smilies/parrot.gif I've read on other forums the smallest you'd care to go without a tune (on stock ECM) is 3.2" upper, no smaller. I do not know this as fact, however, and personally I would not do it. There's power to be had in a good tune :D

tazzracing1
12-06-2005, 01:18 PM
I will goto Paul's this summer for the setup. He has a grat reputation around here I will just have to put the car on the trailer a road trip. I guess till spring it can set in the garage till the snow is gone. Thank You for all the help. I was told the same thing on the pullies 3.2 is the lowest with the stock set up.