PDA

View Full Version : Paint Shop

spitfire
12-05-2005, 10:44 PM
I had to repo my car from the paint shop,:baby: found out the car was being driven, and not worked on. After three months and two attempts of clear coating, I gave up. So looking for a reputable shop to redue the clear coat on my car. If anyone knows a good shop Iwould appreciate it. Also, just for a note, when I took my car back, and test drove it, it started spitting and sputter then it Siezed up! Overheated.:mad: After towing to my local mechanic,:doubt: we found out that when the paint shop removed the radiater, they did not refill the engine with antifreeze.:mad: It's running now, but the amount of damage is not known yet! :(

Twice Bitten
12-05-2005, 10:52 PM
That suxs. You may need to get a lawyer. :( :mad:

97CasperCobra
12-05-2005, 10:57 PM
That suxs. You may need to get a lawyer. :( :mad:

:stupid: ....damn Chuck...I'm really sorry to hear that. As much money and time you spent on that Cobra and the last minute time you took to get it ready for AutoRama.....it disgusts me to hear how they treated you. Hope it all works out for you...keep us updated man. :thumbsup:

ORANGE CRUSH
12-05-2005, 10:58 PM
Damn sorry to hear Chuck.

msmap
12-05-2005, 11:02 PM
oh wow, Chuck, sorry to hear this :(

spitfire
12-05-2005, 11:30 PM
When I told them that the motor was siezed up they did not even care, as I gave them last of the payments. All they had to say was that they hope some day they could make it up to me! :rolleyes: :mad: I was so mad at this point, that this weekend I wanted to strip the car a start over!, But after spending a few hours cleaning, and adjusting the hood, I may be able to salvage the reverse hood lift. :doubt:

Now all I need is a good, (No Great), body person to take care of the clear coat. Everyone I speak to says that should be the easy part, but it has proven to be the thorn in my side! :mad:

I guess I will need to take my car back to Slaters and have them check the moter to see if any permanent damage has been done! :doubt:

When I asked the shop if they had any problems when driving the car they said no, that they only moved it from the back to the front, I guess the bugs in thier area fly at 50 miles an hour, because they were splattered all over my headlights. :mad:

Firme
12-06-2005, 12:07 AM
Chuck, that really sucks dude, sorry to hear :( . Did you take down the mileage when you dropped it off?? It sounds like they were taking so long to finish it because they were too busy driving it. :mad:

cobrapace94
12-06-2005, 07:10 AM
Daym Chuck that suxs in so many ways it's not even funny. Sorry, no 1st hand knowledge of a shop to recomend to finish the job, but might give Cassari's (spelling?, Jimmy might know) a call? That is why I always right down the mileage in front of the shop & specify that noone is to drive it, heck I even go with them when they drive it for state inspection.
Good luck & hope the motor is alright.

jimmysidecarr
12-06-2005, 09:59 AM
Sorry to hear that Chuck!!! :(

The best painter I know of... http://www.casaris.com/

I have known the owner George since 99. He does lots of customs and has had numerous customer cars win trophies for best in class at the Autorama.

He is a down to earth great guy... very easy to talk to.. and still does alot of the painting himself!!! :thumbsup:

When I worked at Texan Lincoln Mercury(now Champion)... He did ALL our body work!!! So I have dealt with him many times...
He's good.... REAL GOOD!!!

AirForce1
12-06-2005, 10:25 AM
sorry to hear that chuck.

I know a paint and body shop that i have used when that person ran in to the back of me.:bump: It is called Mezaros motors sports, they do an out standing job.

they do all the body work for Niessan and Mercedes dealerships.

they are not cheep but they do five star work.

there # is (713) 973-1788 just ask for charles tell him that you know me and he will set you up.

the only thing is that it is a little trip to get there from where you live, it is far from me to but there work is worth the trip. They are located of I10 and the beltway. on the feeder down a street named upland. just give charles a call and let me know how things go.

Oh, when you take your car to slaters ask about my car.

cobltng
12-09-2005, 04:22 PM
When I told them that the motor was siezed up they did not even care, as I gave them last of the payments. All they had to say was that they hope some day they could make it up to me! :rolleyes: :mad: I was so mad at this point, that this weekend I wanted to strip the car a start over!, But after spending a few hours cleaning, and adjusting the hood, I may be able to salvage the reverse hood lift. :doubt:

Now all I need is a good, (No Great), body person to take care of the clear coat. Everyone I speak to says that should be the easy part, but it has proven to be the thorn in my side! :mad:

I guess I will need to take my car back to Slaters and have them check the moter to see if any permanent damage has been done! :doubt:

When I asked the shop if they had any problems when driving the car they said no, that they only moved it from the back to the front, I guess the bugs in thier area fly at 50 miles an hour, because they were splattered all over my headlights. :mad:

You may want to try K & S custom's. They are located on Steffani,just off Gessner. See Steve Turner or Kelly Brown. Expensive but very good.