PDA

View Full Version : Houston Gets Another Cobra

SuperG
12-07-2005, 09:50 AM
With a Pittsburg Steeler's front plate cover and a Florida plate on the back, I began my long drive in a Vortech powered 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra Convertible. What a ride...everything was polished like new and with the top down, I celebrated the 80-degree weather. 2 miles away from the seller's house, I filled up and just admired this shiny car...then it started to rain.

For the next 5 hours, I drove northward through a light rain, but I didn't care that the shiny paint and chrome wheels were now covered in mud...the exhaust note kept me company along with that famous supercharger whine. After the weather cleared, the crescent moon kept the way lit for a few more hours and every once in a while as I passed through a small town, someone would wave to me...yep...I was driving a nice car.

Finally in Tallahassee, I joined the other cars onto I-10 and moved along at well over the posted limits. At one point, traffic slowed to 90 mph in which 2 school buses were leading the pack! Pensacola came up fairly quickly but my eye lids began having trouble, so I rested them for about an hour and a half and hit the road again.

Alabama and Mississippi skipped by awefully fast and once in Texas, for some reason other drivers were wanting to challenge me...not much of a challenge for me, however...fun nevertheless.

So, after 20.5 hours on the road, here I am back in Houston where it's cold, but the Cobra has a new, loving family. I am getting together with Joe (BlueThunder) to talk about tuning and some upgrades. Next are some paint fixes and additions...I am thinking about painting the raised portion of the hood and the spoiler black, perhaps some door stripes, too. I will also install a roll cage since this car will see track duty!

See you all (I'm originally from Colorado) at the next gathering!

Levi
12-07-2005, 10:07 AM
Glad you got their and back in one peace, good to have you aboard the SCMC tour ship. :thumbsup:

SuperG
12-07-2005, 10:27 AM
This past weekend at MSR was tough to watch...since I was drooling over the Cobras going down the straights! My next planned event is Motorsports Club at TWS February4-5, perhaps January!

BTW, thanks for all your advice this weekend!

03 cobra toy
12-07-2005, 10:58 AM
Nice ride!! :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
12-07-2005, 10:59 AM
Can't wait to see the car and meet you out Gary.... :thumbsup:

bluethunder
12-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Congrats Man, isn't that a fun drive, Peaceful and alot of long straights.
I've made the trip about 6 times and 3 just this year. Glad you got your baby.

msmap
12-07-2005, 11:27 AM
:hello:

Firme
12-07-2005, 12:05 PM
That SHO is no slouch, but glad you joined the Cobra family Gary :thumbsup:

It was nice to meet you this past weekend. That sounds like a sweet ride you picked up, can't wait to see it.

jimmysidecarr
12-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Nice write up!!! Almost makes me want to jump in the car and just go!!!
It was nice meeting you!!!
You are going to be a force to be reckoned with when you are in a Cobra!!! Because you had that SHO hauling!!! :thumbsup:

SuperG
12-07-2005, 02:12 PM
Nice write up!!! Almost makes me want to jump in the car and just go!!!
It was nice meeting you!!!
You are going to be a force to be reckoned with when you are in a Cobra!!! Because you had that SHO hauling!!! :thumbsup:
Thanks for the kudos! It's kind of funny to see a grocery getter out there, huh? I was about to turbocharge it when this Cobra became available...

jimmysidecarr
12-07-2005, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the kudos! It's kind of funny to see a grocery getter out there, huh? I was about to turbocharge it when this Cobra became available...

Those TURBO SHOs are deadly!!! :eek: :flash:

RedFire03Cobra
12-07-2005, 10:47 PM
congrats on the car buddy..she sounds like a beauty...and man can u tell a story..lol:thumbsup:

ORANGE CRUSH
12-08-2005, 10:41 AM
Congrats :thumbsup:

spitfire
12-08-2005, 12:26 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Congratulations!

sbc.cobra
12-08-2005, 12:28 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Congratulations!

did you get your PM about the wheels?

spitfire
12-08-2005, 03:19 PM
did you get your PM about the wheels?Yes message sent
:thumbsup:

93KingCobra
12-08-2005, 06:05 PM
Congrats man on the new car......Have fun :thumbsup:

SuperG
12-08-2005, 11:06 PM
What's weird is that the 1300 mile trip, I averaged about 24 mpg...but here in the city, between stop lights, it seems I am averaging 12...Hmmm.

97CasperCobra
12-09-2005, 01:44 AM
What's weird is that the 1300 mile trip, I averaged about 24 mpg...but here in the city, between stop lights, it seems I am averaging 12...Hmmm.

Welcome to the world of a Blown Cobra. :D Let me know when you're getting the car tuned....I'd love to come out and see it. :thumbsup: