PDA

View Full Version : Signup List - Talladega Gran Prix - May 20, 2006

Hazman
12-08-2005, 01:56 PM
Signup List - Talladega Gran Prix - May 20, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Information
This event is limited to 36 drivers. The registration form and event package are attached to the end of this post. If a minor wants to participate they must have a valid driver's license and a release from both parents using this form. http://www.svtcobraclub.com/indexfiles/Release.pdf (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/indexfiles/Release.pdf)

Online Payment & Registration
https://secure.scmcstore.com/store/product.php?productid=37&cat=2

Track Information
Learn more about TGP by going here: http://www.tgprace.com/index.html

Accomodations
Camping is allowed at the track contact me for more info.

Host Hotel Name: Wingate Inn - Anniston/Oxford
Price: $69.00 a night
Phone Number for Reservations: 256.831.1921
Number of rooms blocked: 15
Cutoff Date: April 19, 2006 (after this date there is no guarantee you can get a room since they are already nearly booked for rooms with two double beds. They still have plenty of kings left you but this rate is only good before the cutoff date.)
Name of Organization w/Blocked rooms: SVT Cobra Club
Confirmation Number: P59441
Amenities: Indoor pool/sauna/complimentary breakfast/ exercise room

Food
There is no food vendor onsite. Nearest restaurants are 15 minutes away at least. Everyone should probably bring food to make sure you don't miss out on track time.

Schedule
Friday
5:00 - 8:00 PM Registration & Tech Inspection at the Wingate Hotel

Saturday
07:00 Gates open
07:00 - 08:00 Registration & Tech Inspection
08:00 - 08:20 MANDATORY Drivers Meeting
08:20 - 09:00 Classroom for Begineers / Novice groups
08:00 - 11:00 Track Time
11:00 - 12:00 Lunch / Touring Laps - Speed Limited - Passengers Allowed
12:00 - 17:00 Track Time

Registration List
Here is the offical signup list for the Talladega event. Your name goes on the list when I get a complete registration packet and payment.

1 Rick McNutt '97 Mustang Cobra
2 Jayne McNutt '04 Z06
3 Mark Sulimirski '94 Impala SS
4 Steve Parsons '96 Mustang Cobra
5 Allen Mirse '96 Impala SS
6 Burke Dawson '97 Mustang Cobra
7 Tony Sorrentino '94 Mustang Cobra
8 Matt Bell '90 240SX
9 Terry Kehne '96 Impala SS
10 Bryan Isaacs '72 Corolla
11 Paul Troup '95 Impala SS
12 Seth Siders '00 Trans Am
13 Sean O'Connor '05 350z
14 Mike Hagood '95 BMW M3
15 Bradon Bachtel '90 240SX
16 Charles White '94 Supra Turbo

Official Registration Form Attached

Yeller'
12-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Price-ola?

Hazman
12-08-2005, 06:40 PM
Waiting on insurance quote!!! :mad:

How much are you willing to pay to get spanked again!!! :eek: :D :rotf:

Yeller'
12-08-2005, 06:53 PM
How much are you willing to pay to get spanked again!!!

Fourteen cents!

If I could afford to get some race tires... you'd be doomed.

Remember, I'm a newbie keeping up with most of these MM suspended, racing slick-clad vehicles with my stock suspension and worn-out street tires... not to mention my Mustang GT rear calipers! :D

Good grief it's not even next year yet and we're already talking smack... I think we've "got the bug" bad boys. :rotf:

cobrabitn
12-08-2005, 10:24 PM
I know it killed you Brett to have to let my 94 Slobra go around you. :rotf:

Yeller'
12-09-2005, 09:29 AM
Nah, I'll get you next time.

Remember... I'm a nOOb! TGPR was my first track day. I'm gonna get alot more seat time this year.

fasst94impala
12-12-2005, 09:31 PM
Awesome! Count this taxi pilot in. Had the fleet manager tweak the brakes after boiling 600deg brake fluid chasing Rick...now I need to reinforce the seat belts so my fares don't fly out the front window. Santa...thanks for the Wilwoods!

Can't wait.

BTTBSS
12-15-2005, 06:51 PM
Mark:

Boiling it just purifies it, Was this before or after the Wilwoods went on?

I'm looking for a crunched '05 GTO six speed. Thinking LS2 conversion. 400 HP is not enough but its a start. Enough HP is when you drop the clutch and the earth moves while the car stays put.

See ya at the track

Allen :thumbsup:

fasst94impala
12-16-2005, 10:45 AM
2005 TGP was pre-Wilwoods. Had them ordered but not on. I doubt that I'll be able to purify the fluid with the new setup. :woot:

Once you go manual, you never go back! Good luck with the conversion. Hope to see you at this event in May.

Hazman
12-16-2005, 03:53 PM
Awesome! Count this taxi pilot in. Had the fleet manager tweak the brakes after boiling 600deg brake fluid chasing Rick...now I need to reinforce the seat belts so my fares don't fly out the front window. Santa...thanks for the Wilwoods!

Can't wait.

You may need those Wilwoods!! ;) The Brown truck just dropped off my new Brembos!!! :D I will probably wait to install them at the same time I put the new MM K-member, front control arms and full coil-over kit on the car!! :eek:

:fordflag: :burnout: :flash: :jawdrop:

LeadSSled
12-16-2005, 04:08 PM
You may need those Wilwoods!! ;) The Brown truck just dropped off my new Brembos!!! :D I will probably wait to install them at the same time I put the new MM K-member, front control arms and full coil-over kit on the car!! :eek: OUCH! That's just gonna make it hurt even more when you get beat by a taxi cab. :yup:

sjrife
12-16-2005, 04:23 PM
I kinda doubt I'll have the money, but I REALLY hope I can make this.

Hazman
12-16-2005, 06:06 PM
OUCH! That's just gonna make it hurt even more when you get beat by a taxi cab. :yup:
Beat by a Taxi Cab :rolleyes: I don't think so! :D We will just have to see what this year brings. You don't think I have spilled all my beans do you!! :eek:

I don't know if I can wait that long I may have to sign up for the NASA event in Feb. at VIR!!! Wonder what a HPDE in the snow would be like???:doubt:

LeadSSled
12-16-2005, 07:31 PM
Beat by a Taxi Cab :rolleyes: I don't think so!
That's exactly what you said a year ago about the 411 autocross. ;)

Hazman
12-17-2005, 06:50 PM
That's exactly what you said a year ago about the 411 autocross. ;)

Don't crush my dreams before Christmas!!!

LeadSSled
12-17-2005, 10:51 PM
Don't crush my dreams before Christmas!!!
And visions of sugar plums danced in his head... :thumbsup:

BTTBSS
12-19-2005, 06:51 PM
VIR in February.. Burrrrr I'd probably run snow tires with studs.

Anyway I need time to polish my wheels. Got to look good to go fast..

BTTBSS

cobrabitn
12-27-2005, 11:19 PM
The official registration form is attached on page 1! :thumbsup:

The event packet will follow as soon as Rick gets it up.

LeadSSled
12-27-2005, 11:23 PM
The event packet will follow as soon as Rick gets it up.
I dunno - he's getting pretty old. This could take a while.

cobrabitn
12-28-2005, 12:00 AM
OKay I took you at your word..the event packet is up for 2006, too. :thumbsup:

sn8kbit
12-28-2005, 06:09 PM
I'll be there for that one also. With extra tires this time!

Hazman
01-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Registration has started!!!!

Yeller'
01-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Well I'm pissed. I'm not going to be able to make this one, my daughter is the flowergirl in a friends wedding that weekend.

Stupid in-love people.. don't they know there's open tracking going on?;)

Come hell or high water, I'll still be at CMP and Gingerman.
me ->:touche:<- wife

cobrabitn
01-09-2006, 06:30 PM
Well, we'll miss you so I'll go ahead and make a lap for ya! :thumbsup: Have fun at the flower girl wedding... :rotf:

budjrfan
01-11-2006, 11:13 PM
Well I'm pissed. I'm going to be a flowergirl in a friends wedding that weekend.

Stupid in-love people.. don't they know there's open tracking going on?;)
have fun at the wedding....'flowergirlyman' :rotf:

budjrfan
01-24-2006, 07:09 PM
has anyone see the TGP website?
they are closing after Aug 1 to renovate and change the layout.

longer with an kink (wouldn't call it a chicane) before the last turn ;)

but will lose the 'high speed' right hander :(

http://www.tgprace.com/about_4_small.jpg (http://www.tgprace.com/about_4.jpg)

left click on linky..... ^

cobrabitn
01-24-2006, 09:26 PM
Yeah but it looks like it has a more sweeping right hander where it used to be a hard right and then left (off on the rumble strip or grass :rotf: ). I like it...I'll be there! ;)

Hazman
02-16-2006, 05:42 PM
List Updated

Hazman
02-17-2006, 10:11 AM
Online Payment now available.

Y2kCobraR
02-22-2006, 08:02 PM
I just got my TVMC flyer and One of the Nashville Superspeedway days is the same date! Hard to do both but I'll try. Have to reverse the alignment over night. Any on else going to do both?

Hazman
02-23-2006, 08:35 AM
I just got my TVMC flyer and One of the Nashville Superspeedway days is the same date! Hard to do both but I'll try. Have to reverse the alignment over night. Any on else going to do both?
Send me the info on the TVMC event I just might go up for Sunday with them!:D

Y2kCobraR
02-24-2006, 12:26 AM
The Nashville Super Speedway event is Fri/Sat so you need to run Nashville Friday.

cobrabitn
02-24-2006, 01:02 AM
I'm sure I'll be doing registration at the hotel Friday night. Burke and I will be running down as a caravan. Maybe we can get Steve Parsons to run with us?

I'm really looking forward to the new track layout later on in the year!

cobrabitn
03-05-2006, 01:53 AM
Made my hotel reservations tonight! :woot: :bounce: :bounce:

LeadSSled
03-31-2006, 02:19 PM
Registration and fee just sent electronically. Here come the taxis. :bounce:

LeadSSled
04-05-2006, 09:40 PM
Can you confirm that you received my online registration and payment? My name hasn't made it to the attendees list yet. Thanks.

Hazman
04-05-2006, 10:13 PM
Can you confirm that you received my online registration and payment? My name hasn't made it to the attendees list yet. Thanks.
Sorry I had you on the shuttle service list instead of on the track list!:eek: :rolleyes: :rotf:

LeadSSled
04-05-2006, 10:20 PM
Sorry I had you on the shuttle service list instead of on the track list!:eek: :rolleyes: :rotf:
I'll do that too. I'm multifunctional!

Thanks, Rick.

BTTBSS
04-06-2006, 03:47 PM
Everyone knows that the Taxi's go faster and handle better with a few passengers to help keep the rear tires stuck to the pavement. Little extra weight helps get all that torque down. Or maybe its just the memories of all those New York pot holes?

BTTBSS

LeadSSled
04-26-2006, 05:54 PM
There are only 9 registrants listed and I know of one more taxi driver mailing his registration information today. Is there any chance that this event will be cancelled due to lack of participation? If this is a possibility, please give as much advance notice as possible. There is another event at Nashville's Roval that day that I would participate in if this one is cancelled. How many cars do we need before this one is a "Done Deal"????

Hazman
04-26-2006, 07:04 PM
We have already made all the payments on this one so it is a go regardless of the number of folks. So far just about everyone has track expierence so the plan is two or three run groups and lots of track time!!!:bounce:

Unless we get a lat minute rush this will be a $$$ loser for the club and I doubt we will book again next year.:(

Of well we will have some fun this year!:thumbsup:

LeadSSled
04-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Unless we get a last minute rush this will be a $$$ loser for the club and I doubt we will book again next year.:(
How many do you need to break even. I'll put my recruiter's hat on again. Where are all of the Cobras? :doubt:

cobrabitn
04-26-2006, 11:00 PM
The track is already paid for so it will not be cancelled. It's not an expensive track to rent so we'll just make up some of the revenue some other way. We still have three weeks to try and get some more people interested so put the word out there for us. As for the Cobras, as you can tell there are just a few of us that have the open track hunger. We'd just like to have 4 groups of 8 - 10 cars with say 8 Corvettes, 8 Impalas, 8 Cobras, and 8 Porsches or other type cars so you can sort of go out and run a group with your friends and talk smack.

Please go to other boards that you frequent and spread the word for us. If not, we're going to have plenty of track time and I'll drive 6 hours for that anyday! :)

fasst94impala
04-27-2006, 03:34 PM
Rick/Tony,

I was rustling up some interest on the GA F-Body forums and they are trying to get 12 cars together for Monday 5/22 at TGP. At this point, they look a few short. I emailed Cliff Jones, the Gafba President to see if there was any interest in combining events. No word back, but if you want to persue it seriously, his name is JUDD on the forums.
http://www.gafba.com (http://www.gafba.com/)

Mark

BTTBSS
04-27-2006, 07:11 PM
I posted it up on the Mid Tenn F-Body boards but they seem to be mostly drag racers. Nothing wrong with that but 1/4 mile just isn't enough track. I'm bringing extra pads and rotors for BTTBSS. We'll run till the tires give up, flip em and keep going...

cobrabitn
04-27-2006, 11:09 PM
Mark,

I actually went to that board last night and I saw where they were having a Monday event. I thought it would be nice to invite the F-Body guys to our Saturday event as most people would rather run on Saturday anyway but I didn't want to intrude on their bulletin board by intervening in their dialogue. I wish I had known they were interested in that as they had always came to our "Drag Day" at Carolina Dragway. If you can e-mail me Judd's e-mail address, that would be greatly appreciated and I'll send him an official invite. I think it would be cool to have some other hi po car owners enjoying themselves. Who knows, maybe we could get them to come on over to our side... :rotf:

Thanks,

Tony

Hazman
05-04-2006, 05:26 PM
Only two more weeks!!!:thumbsup: :bounce:

cobrabitn
05-04-2006, 09:41 PM
I finally sent out an e-mail to several people that attended last year and got some positive replies. If we have good weather that day, we'll have a great event! :thumbsup:

LeadSSled
05-10-2006, 05:49 PM
I have a question concerning the tech inpsection at the hotel on Friday evening. Can a car be inspected on the trailer, or will it have to be off-loaded for inspection? The host hotel was booked, and we will be staying across the street. I need to know if I can just pull the car on the trailer over there for inspection or if I have to drive the car over. The hood, trunk, and driver's side doors can all be opened on the trailer, but the passenger side doors will not clear the trailer fender.

cobrabitn
05-10-2006, 06:43 PM
Terry,

We can tech it on the trailer so you won't have to take it off the wagon.

List updated! :bounce:

Hagood
05-10-2006, 07:36 PM
Can't wait to run with you guys, should be great with such a small crowd. Has it been decided how many people there will be per run group?

LeadSSled
05-10-2006, 07:59 PM
We can tech it on the trailer so you won't have to take it off the wagon.
Thanks Tony!!!
:thumbsup:

cobrabitn
05-10-2006, 11:02 PM
Hagood,

With such a small group, we'll probably have 3 groups. If you know of anyone else interested in running please let them know about the event. We can go as many as 10 cars at one time in three groups. That means 8 twenty minute sessions or 2 hours and 40 minutes on the track. That's a lot of time! :thumbsup:

fasst94impala
05-14-2006, 03:02 PM
we'll probably have 3 groups. If you know of anyone else interested in running please let them know about the event. We can go as many as 10 cars at one time in three groups. That means 8 twenty minute sessions or 2 hours and 40 minutes on the track
Tony,

That's awesome!!! I'll be sure to bring some extra rubber and brake pads!!

Also, special request to mix up the groups at some point. Fun to run with fellow club members but it will get boring lapping Terry and Allen :rotf:

Biggest question for me is...blower belt ON or OFF. Still wrapping up the install and should get last tubing on Wednesday. If not, I'm still coming and will run N/A...

Can't wait...extended weather forecast looks favorable. See y'all there!!!

BTTBSS
05-14-2006, 08:47 PM
Mark:

I am bringing a trailer so I can give you a ride home, that way you can look at my tail lights for 200 miles.:rotf: :thumbsup: See you at the track.

BTTBSS

LeadSSled
05-14-2006, 10:12 PM
And I'll just be out for a leisurely weekend ride. I hope that I remember to turn off the turn signal. ;)

BTTBSS
05-15-2006, 11:13 AM
Terry:

Not to worry, that's what the "geezer alert" is for. Ding , Ding, Ding.:bounce:

Hagood
05-15-2006, 07:26 PM
Terry are you going to make it to the SCCA auto-x on Sunday? I can't decide if it will be too much to try to do.... will suck getting home late and then going out there. I haven't been to the Smokies site, is it worth the trouble to go?

LeadSSled
05-15-2006, 07:51 PM
Terry are you going to make it to the SCCA auto-x on Sunday? I can't decide if it will be too much to try to do.... will suck getting home late and then going out there. I haven't been to the Smokies site, is it worth the trouble to go?
No, I am not going to make it to the auto-x on Sunday. I figure it will be 10-ish before I get home on Saturday night and after driving all day, I expect I will be pretty tired. I would have to swap tires (back to V710s) and replace the track brake pads with the auto-x pads that night in order to run on Sunday. I just don't have the energy for that crap. One event per weekend is plenty for me. I'm just going to relax on Sunday. As always, when choosing between events, I'll pick the one that lets me drive faster.

The early June ETRSCCA event is also scheduled for the Smokies Stadium site, so I'll just have to wait to experience that site.

Hagood
05-15-2006, 08:20 PM
As always, when choosing between events, I'll pick the one that lets me drive faster..
Or gives you 64x more seat time :D

cobrabitn
05-15-2006, 10:58 PM
List updated! :thumbsup: Looks like we may have a few more coming since the weather is looking nice. :) We may be able to combine the Taxis with the snakes after all. :rotf:

cobrabitn
05-21-2006, 12:02 AM
Had a blasat today. Burke set up his video camera and it looks really cool to see us at it! We hope everyone else had a good time, too. :thumbsup:

LeadSSled
05-21-2006, 09:23 AM
I made it back to K-town at about 10:30 last night. It was a long day. :)

The taxi cabs had a great time! As expected, the SCMC group had a great event and are fantastic hosts. Thanks for inviting the big cars to come out and play.

Hagood
05-21-2006, 02:56 PM
What a great day, perfect weather! You guys put on a great event. Now I know why everyone thought my car had a supercharger... turns out it was my belt tensioner pulley which decided to come off in the middle of that hairpin turn! I guess that whining noise was a bad thing!

LeadSSled
05-21-2006, 03:16 PM
turns out it was my belt tensioner pulley which decided to come off in the middle of that hairpin turn! I guess that whining noise was a bad thing!
Man, you had a lot of "bearing problems" this weekend. :eek: Glad that it was nothing serious. It was great to meet you. :thumbsup:

fasst94impala
05-21-2006, 04:08 PM
Cheers! Another great event. Thanks to Tony and Rick for dialing the great weather, good times and the thrills on the track. A solid shake down session for the new setup. But even with all the new ponys, getting 4400lbs around turns just doesn't work that well :) but I'm pleased with the results. Jayne couldn't pull away on the straights any longer!

Until next time,

Mark

LeadSSled
05-22-2006, 10:27 AM
I have a suggestion for the next event that SCMC holds here. During the driver's meeting, you may want to consider giving a "heads up" to those that have not run there before that rotating tires between sessions is recommended due to high wear to left fronts.

I did not hear tire wear mentioned as an issue until after I badly corded my left front during the 2nd session. Then I heard "Oh yeah, this track is HARD on left fronts. Most of us that have run here before rotate tires between each session." It would have been nice to have that little gem of wisdom before the tire was gone. The other 3 were wearing fine and it looked OK after the first session. In retrospect, if I had rotated the tires, I should have gotten through the whole day with one set. I'm not whining - you gotta pay to play and I anticipated using up this set of tires. I am just making a suggestion that may help another newbie on this track next time.

This is what a nearly new Hoosier RS04 looks like after 2 sessions on the left front at the Little Talladega GP track:

http://www.highperformancetoys.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1478

Fortunately, I brought a spare set of V710s. I rotated tires off of the left front for the next 2 sessions and they made it through fine.

BTTBSS
05-22-2006, 03:08 PM
One more big thank you to Rick, Jane and Tony. Weather was outstanding and we all had more track time than was good for us. Had great time and look forward to the next one. You guys are a class act.

Allen

johnbasf
05-22-2006, 04:20 PM
I have a suggestion for the next event that SCMC holds here. During the driver's meeting, you may want to consider giving a "heads up" to those that have not run there before that rotating tires between sessions is recommended due to high wear to left fronts.

I did not hear tire wear mentioned as an issue until after I badly corded my left front during the 2nd session. Then I heard "Oh yeah, this track is HARD on left fronts. Most of us that have run here before rotate tires between each session." It would have been nice to have that little gem of wisdom before the tire was gone. The other 3 were wearing fine and it looked OK after the first session. In retrospect, if I had rotated the tires, I should have gotten through the whole day with one set. I'm not whining - you gotta pay to play and I anticipated using up this set of tires. I am just making a suggestion that may help another newbie on this track next time.

This is what a nearly new Hoosier RS04 looks like after 2 sessions on the left front at the Little Talladega GP track:

http://www.highperformancetoys.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1478

Fortunately, I brought a spare set of V710s. I rotated tires off of the left front for the next 2 sessions and they made it through fine.

Try more negative camber next time. :D :D I'm sure Tony and Rick will make note of your request. :thumbsup:

LeadSSled
05-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Try more negative camber next time. :D :D I'm sure Tony and Rick will make note of your request. :thumbsup:
Yes, you are right. I am running 1 degree negative now. It's a PITA to change between "race" and "street" camber setups on this car. There are no fancy camber plate kits available like for the Mustangs and Cobras, so you have to change shim packs. So, while I know it's a compromise, I run negative 1 degree which is as much as I am willing to run on the street and I just leave it there all of the time. It would have been fine if I had thought to swap tires off the left front each session. But you are 100% correct - more negative camber would certainly have helped.

Hagood
05-22-2006, 06:47 PM
Man, you had a lot of "bearing problems" this weekend. :eek: Glad that it was nothing serious. It was great to meet you. :thumbsup:
Good to meet everyone too, I'll definitely be back for the next TGPR event (if there is one) with this club. Yeah I had pretty bad luck but all that track time was worth it!

cobrabitn
05-22-2006, 09:21 PM
Hagood,

4 hours of track time was freaking awesome wasn't it? :thumbsup: I was totally wiped out after the event was over. No way I was going to drive 5.25 hours back to the house after a day like that.

Terry,

I'm sorry about your tire and I'll give you one of mine if they are the same type and size, I have some hoosiers (17 x 40 x 255) if you have any of those? I'm glad for your input and what we'll do next time is have it in the events packet so participants will know to rotate tires. I rotated mine two times on Saturday because we knew the left front would be an issue. We should have relayed that to everyone else who came out. Hopefully, next year we'll keep this in mind when we have our driver's meeting. If we don't, be sure to point it out to us during the meeting. Sometimes when you have just a couple of people putting these events on, things like that slip through the cracks. We knew to do it, we sometimes take for granted everyone else knows.

As for a Talladega event next year...let me just say, I like going there so that should pretty much tell you whether there will be one there next year or not. :) We do have to make sure these things are financially beneficial to the club so we can expand our events in other states.

After everyone left Saturday.... Rick did some agricultural exploring as we ran the track in reverse and that was a ton of fun especially watching him save himself and seeing him manuever his Cobra back up on the track. :D It was just us three, Rick, Burke, and myself but we were easily doing triple digits on the back stretch as it seemed the course was much faster in reverse. We got held up by a turtle that decided to cross the track but I have never seen one move that fast to get out of the way.

Total track miles driven by me for the weekend was 87 miles, one and a quarter tank of gas, two tire rotations, and a car that has made a lot of progress in power and torque. I'd have to say that the snakes did pretty good Saturday and for the most part dominated that taxis, don't you agree? :rotf:

johnbasf
05-22-2006, 09:25 PM
Yes, you are right. I am running 1 degree negative now. It's a PITA to change between "race" and "street" camber setups on this car. There are no fancy camber plate kits available like for the Mustangs and Cobras, so you have to change shim packs. So, while I know it's a compromise, I run negative 1 degree which is as much as I am willing to run on the street and I just leave it there all of the time. It would have been fine if I had thought to swap tires off the left front each session. But you are 100% correct - more negative camber would certainly have helped.

You need to engineer CC plates for the taxis. :D :D

LeadSSled
05-22-2006, 09:30 PM
Hey Tony - I appreciate your tire offer, but it's not necessary. No sweat, my friend, but thatnks just the same. It's all part of the expense of having fun, and well worth it! I was just suggesting that we make it a point to mention this the next time your group runs there.

You SCMC folks are class act and I am grateful that I've gotten to know you. I'm looking forward to going back next year, and hopefully CMP too. If everything goes according to plan, I'll have straightaway speeds similar to Mark's blown taxi for next year's events. But mine will all be NA. :D

John - I have thought about it, but it is a very limited market. There's only a handful of us crazy enough to take one of these tanks on a road course. I'd be lucky to sell 15 of them. But I just might come up with one for myself anyway. :thumbsup:

Hagood
05-22-2006, 11:17 PM
Hagood,

it seemed the course was much faster in reverse

I'd have to say that the snakes did pretty good Saturday and for the most part dominated that taxis, don't you agree? :rotf:
I had been there one previous time and we ran it in the other direction... it did seem faster that way. I wasn't in the same car then but I think lap times would be faster. I wish I had gotten out in the group with the taxi's and cobra's... I was having fun following the 1700lb Toyota but changing it up would have been cool. We were having a parade of the low horsepower participants :D I guess if the car hadn't broke I could have switched groups later in the day :D

Jason
06-22-2006, 11:32 PM
Is there another Talladega event this year?

Hazman
06-23-2006, 07:24 AM
Sorry no.:(

cobrabitn
06-25-2006, 12:56 PM
The track is being reconfigured for a faster pace and resurfacing is in the future plans for this year. Should be a blast to run when they get it finished! :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
06-27-2006, 10:48 PM
If you want to open track with us then come to South Haven, MI in September for our 2006 SVT Cobra Nationals. You won't be the only Vette there believe me. ;) I just want to go to the track right now because I am starting to have withdrawals... :D

BTTBSS
07-19-2006, 10:12 PM
Tony:

Umm, so the Cobra Nationals are open to other marques. If so, might fire up the taxi..Kinda thought it was a closed event this year. But if not - HELLO tire rack.

BTTBSS

cobrabitn
07-19-2006, 11:28 PM
The open track event is open to all makes and models. The car show is SVT, Mustang, and Fords only! :)

Let's go trackin.... :burnout: