PDA

View Full Version : what's up

rawsvt03
12-08-2005, 10:36 PM
I just wanted to introduce myself, I would attach a picture but I don't know how to attach a picture that's not at a url, is there a way to attach from straight from my computer? I might have the newest terminator on the forum; 2003 8000 miles, totally stock unfortunately (but will still make a z06 owner my b_tch). Here's my plan; slowly put on mods w/ each mod being the best of the bunch. Now first, I need an exhaust; I want a sound that is not obnoxious but rather sounds like a true high performance sports car with class (try and remember how tame the stock exhaust is). The only thing I've figured out on my own is that I want an X pipe as opposed to the H.

That's a good start, please feel free to use me as your project of "what I wish I had done looking back"! and don't hate me because I'm young, help me!

Cobra4me
12-08-2005, 11:03 PM
first of all welcome to the forum. Have fun modding. btw good choice with using a xpipe. I know others will chime in but on my 04 I have magnaflow cb and catted xpipe. It has a good sound but not to loud just my .02

blk04cobra1
12-09-2005, 09:07 AM
Congrats on the car and happy modding. There are plenty of mods to choose from and if you have any questions about them, please ask :thumbsup:

pdogkilr
12-09-2005, 01:39 PM
Welcome to the forums.

I have a complete Bassani system - mid-length headers, X-pipe kit, and aft-cat. After the install, Dugan Racing said "That's the way a Mustang should sound!". The noise can't seem to keep up, so I am not sure how it sounds :D But I like what I can hear.

InfamousSVT
12-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Welcome to the forums, you will get plenty of info here.

You may also want to check out the South Central section of our forums, so that you can meet other members in your area :thumbsup:

Happy modding and enjoy :D

ausie
12-12-2005, 07:16 AM
Welcome rawsvt. what is obnoxious? I can agree that the fart cannons on imports are. I have the SLP Loudmouth which was obnoxiously loud for the first few weeks but now I can barely hear it. I have no idea how my car sounds other than from the driver's seat. Many of my friends thought my 01 was way louder than the 04 (both had the same exhaust). My guess is that SLP is probably not for you expecially with an X pipe. I have heard some great bassani set ups which I thought sounded better, but the owners liked the way my car sounds too. Almost becomes a toss up. There is another source to find the right sound for you but you will have to wait until spring. If you can attend a mustang car show or cuise night, get their early and spot cars that are similar to yours. If you like what it sounds like, go over to the owner and ask what he or she has and when it was installed. If it was longer than a few weeks that is what it may sound on your car after the exhaust has seasoned in (toned down).

rawsvt03
12-12-2005, 09:02 PM
yo aussie, chances are i've probably heard your loudmouth before considering I spent my last 4 years livin in Bethlehem PA, too bad i'm 1700 miles away from the lehigh valley now. Does anybody have a Steeda exhaust? I'm pretty sure it sounds badas but could somebody confirm that. Clips would be real cool. I bumped into a nice '04 cobra and he said he'd let me know about the next night cruise, anybody else hangin out near Dallas/Ft. Worth w/ other high hp cars, let me know!

rawsvt03
12-12-2005, 09:10 PM
oh I was the guy rippin around in a lifted cherokee w/ no exhaust, so you might've heard me too. That thing sounded like satan coming down the road and people would look back w/ terror, it was awesome. So yea i've had my fun setting off car alarms, and don't get me wrong i loved it. However, i'm trying to make friends down hear in TX, and not scare them away.

BOOMER23
12-13-2005, 12:29 AM
yeah ive got a Steeda catback and Id have to say even though im only 21 i have very mellow tastes on exhaust and I just like a nice deep throaty rumble and not a flat ripping scream per say so if you want it deep and low then id have to reccomend the steeda. I love it but a lot would say its not loud enough but im gonna throw a catted H pipe from MRT on there and that should make it a bit louder but still not much

ausie
12-13-2005, 07:08 AM
I cannot say I have ventured into Bethlehem much but I have gone around it several times on the new race track PENDOT put in (rt 22E to 33S to 78W and back to 22W). Sometimes I get bored and decide to run it from time to time. It is not much of a track since it consists of public highways. It just does not compare to the Turnpike for speed though.

The SLP is not as loud as I would like it to be since it has become tame since I put it on. I believe that has something to do with exhaust pressures since the N/A 01 sounded more intimidating than the 04 does now (more than likely it is due to the different cats that is on the 04 than the 01). The only time I can appreciate the tones is when I am ripping through Emmaus. I am not sure what set up I would go with if I were to do it all over again. Perhaps the Bassani may be the way to go but for now the SLP will stay were it is. So far I am noise compliant to race at Island Dragway up in Great Meadows NJ. Actually I am thinking of the Bassani X pipe or just spend the money on a pully and tune. I am not sure what other cat-backs are like when they are first installed but I do know the SLP was not very tolerable at first. You almost need ear plugs for the burn in period. I sort of miss that part. :D

ausie
12-13-2005, 07:24 AM
yeah ive got a Steeda catback and Id have to say even though im only 21 i have very mellow tastes on exhaust and I just like a nice deep throaty rumble and not a flat ripping scream per say so if you want it deep and low then id have to reccomend the steeda. I love it but a lot would say its not loud enough but im gonna throw a catted H pipe from MRT on there and that should make it a bit louder but still not much
From what I recall, if you want that deep throaty tone stick with the H pipe :thumbsup: . It also depends on the overall diameter of the cross-over and the diameter of the cat-back pipes. A friend of mine has put on a 3 inch exhaust with a massive H pipe without cats (wide enought to stick my arm through it) . That mustang LX 5.0 really makes a big block statement at idle. I almost thought he had radical cams stuffed into the motor but it is still the stock mill. I will have to ask him if he has headers or the cast exhaust manifold. I know, the push rod engines as well as the SOHC have a different tone to them. I believe the larger diameter pipes will increase the lower octaves of the sound.

Big T
12-13-2005, 07:54 PM
I have the flowmaster american thunder catback and the bbk x pipe with high flow cats. The x pipe really made the difference. I initially had some issues with the fit and had to take it to a muffler shop for adjustment. I thought it was a little too quiet before the x pipe. I like the sound now. Not extremely loud at idle but sounds really good when cruising.