PDA

View Full Version : my fake drop

svtmc-g
12-09-2005, 11:35 PM
I had to try and post a pic of my fake drop I did. I like it. I hope it looks like this come spring time....with LT's and irs goodies.

my fake ass drop...and NO that's not a flag on my antenna...it's a flag pole in the background...I love america but I won't put a flag on my carhttp://www.gotstang.com/photodisplay.php?useruid=3008&normal=1&showimage=8

93KingCobra
12-10-2005, 11:38 AM
Looks good man I hope it looks that good when you really do it... :thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
12-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Looks good, what kind of springs are you going with?

svtmc-g
12-16-2005, 09:16 PM
Honestly, not sure Infamous. I really will decide after my long tubes are on so I don't have clearance issues.
Rob posted a pick of his old DSG 01 with the Eibach Pro Kit and It's damn near what I want. I'd like the rear a bit lower than it is in his pic...but the front is right. Maybe I could go with the Eiback and take out the iso's in the rear...don't want to hurt performance though. I thought to go HR SS Springs...but I heard they're TOO low. Do you know of a spring set that would do what my pic looks like? I'm still very unsure...but leaning to the Eibachs using the factory isolators. Rob always has the right pics..good angles to see the difference. ANYWAY...any help is ALWAYS welcome here!haha Yell back bro!
Mc-G

P.S...if i just hast had the cash to go with adjustable coilover's...haha

InfamousSVT
12-19-2005, 05:56 PM
I think if you go Long tubes the Eibachs are the way to go. I know a few people with them and like em'
I do believe the H&R SS will be too low with the stock isolators, but if you get the poly isolators they will give you a 1/4" more clearance according to the websites.

Good luck which ever way you go. :thumbsup:

Cobra4me
12-19-2005, 07:33 PM
Just don't do Steeda I had mine installed today. Unless they settle 3 inches I'm screwed. the rear actually was 1/2 inch higher. Good luck Matt I too think Eibach are good choice

InfamousSVT
12-19-2005, 07:37 PM
The springs will settle Rob. When the IRS is up on the lift, it pulls up and inward towards the center section. Give it a 50 miles or so and it'll level out. Plus the springs are new and haven't had anything compressing them. It'll get lower and set right. One good week of daily driving and you'll be able to see the difference, take a picture of them now and then a week or two later..............:D

Cobra4me
12-19-2005, 07:40 PM
The springs will settle Rob. When the IRS is up on the lift, it pulls up and inward towards the center section. Give it a 50 miles or so and it'll level out. Plus the springs are new and haven't had anything compressing them. It'll get lower and set right. One good week of daily driving and you'll be able to see the difference, take a picture of them now and then a week or two later..............:D well I have driven the 50 miles had Torrey install them at M&M in Charlotte I have the pics so I will do the comparison. Thanks

mojosvt
12-19-2005, 07:58 PM
Cobra me, give it a good 500 miles. Seriously, i had my steeda in my 01, and at first, there was like no drop at all, just like you said. I drove them for about 300-400 miles, and there was a decent drop. Then I totalled the car, and just installed them in my 03 vert, and the drop is a ton more. I can't even get my lift under the front. I am going to go get a low pro lift. I think they look great, and so far the ride is really good.

Cobra4me
12-19-2005, 09:11 PM
Cobra me, give it a good 500 miles. Seriously, i had my steeda in my 01, and at first, there was like no drop at all, just like you said. I drove them for about 300-400 miles, and there was a decent drop. Then I totalled the car, and just installed them in my 03 vert, and the drop is a ton more. I can't even get my lift under the front. I am going to go get a low pro lift. I think they look great, and so far the ride is really good. OK guys I will shut up about it until....

Cobra4me
12-19-2005, 09:17 PM
btw here are some pics. The before pics:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Robk17th/121904.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Robk17th/121903.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Robk17th/121902.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Robk17th/121901.jpg

svtmc-g
12-20-2005, 01:04 AM
I was told the Eibach's have a crappy ride. I know it's gonna be more rough but......as long as the handling is a bit better...I'll eventually do some coilovers or add some Bilsteins. I'm ready to get my modding going. I've been waiting patiently. I'd like to have wheels, springs, gears, pulley's, MGW and long tubes by spring, when I actually get down to The Carolina's for some SCMC meets! woot woot
Hopefully I can meet all you guys(since ALOT of you are down that way...I want to hit Mustang Week as well.
Mc-G

P.S...HEY ROB...how the hell did you get your wheels and tires so cheap? I went to Tirerack and they didn't even have the Anthra FR500's. The wheel alone is almost $1200?!?!?! didn't you say $900 or something with shipping? You must be pretty or something?hahahaha

InfamousSVT
12-20-2005, 01:12 AM
http://www.coolblueperformance.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=200

http://www.fastmustangparts.com/product_info.php/pName/19942004-mustang-anthracite-fr500-wheel-18x9

Here you go SVTMC-G ;)

The second link is where I got mine from.

Cobra4me
12-20-2005, 10:35 AM
I was told the Eibach's have a crappy ride. I know it's gonna be more rough but......as long as the handling is a bit better...I'll eventually do some coilovers or add some Bilsteins. I'm ready to get my modding going. I've been waiting patiently. I'd like to have wheels, springs, gears, pulley's, MGW and long tubes by spring, when I actually get down to The Carolina's for some SCMC meets! woot woot
Hopefully I can meet all you guys(since ALOT of you are down that way...I want to hit Mustang Week as well.
Mc-G

P.S...HEY ROB...how the hell did you get your wheels and tires so cheap? I went to Tirerack and they didn't even have the Anthra FR500's. The wheel alone is almost $1200?!?!?! didn't you say $900 or something with shipping? You must be pretty or something?hahahaha the 900 was for the tires from tirerack. As for the wheels I got them from www.coolblueperformance.com the wheels cost total 630.00. they have free shipping talk to Anthony or Roger

svtmc-g
12-20-2005, 09:22 PM
OH! Duh for me.....$900 in tires? ouch....I guess I better get saving...cuase I'm not gonna buy cheap tires!haha
Thanks fella's
Mc-G

InfamousSVT
12-21-2005, 08:26 PM
OH! Duh for me.....$900 in tires? ouch....I guess I better get saving...cuase I'm not gonna buy cheap tires!haha
Thanks fella's
Mc-G
That's what we're here for, to help :thumbsup:

svtmc-g
12-22-2005, 10:52 AM
That's why I blab here about mods even though I havent really done many yet and I don't even have the cash. That way...when it's mod time...everything is done right thanks to the help from you guys.

here's another question....when I install the new rear springs....doesn't the irs have to come mostly out? If so...should I go ahead and change bushings and gears as well...and add some Bilsteins? do it while it's out?
I'm gonna get all the know how out of you guys!haha I might as well pay labor at this point!hahahaha
Mc-G

sssvtcobra
12-22-2005, 04:05 PM
You won't have to pull out the IRS if your just swapping springs. I put coilovers in the rear of mine and all I had to do was rent a spring compressor to remove the rear springs from the car. You might have to push down on the lower control arm a little, and use a pry bar on the spring to get it out. But it's fairly easy to replace springs on the back of these cars. From start to finish your looking at about 2-2.5 hours of work at the very most.

Hope this helps

InfamousSVT
12-22-2005, 04:07 PM
You won't have to pull out the IRS if your just swapping springs. I put coilovers in the rear of mine and all I had to do was rent a spring compressor to remove the rear springs from the car. You might have to push down on the lower control arm a little, and use a pry bar on the spring to get it out. But it's fairly easy to replace springs on the back of these cars. From start to finish your looking at about 2-2.5 hours of work at the very most.

Hope this helps
Exactly correct. :thumbsup:

bluebyu
12-31-2005, 01:04 PM
Looks good Bro,:thumbsup: