PDA

View Full Version : Why dealerships ask for your license FIRST...

Stavesacre21
12-12-2005, 05:21 AM
You've all prolly heard of this video before...and I finally found it. Here's exactly WHY dealerships HAVE to have yur drivers license BEFORE you take a spin.

When I first saw this, I about @#$% myself :eek: :rotf:

http://www.lookatentertainment.com/v/v-52.htm

and btw, incase you couldn't tell, that's a BRAND NEW 2003 Cobra.

nckissfan
12-12-2005, 08:18 AM
yeah, that wasn't cool

Stavesacre21
12-12-2005, 08:33 AM
I'd be interested in hearin what that guys manager had to say to him after that...

Ouch dad, it hurts :eek:

nckissfan
12-12-2005, 08:46 AM
yeah, but he said he was going to buy it:eek: :rotf:

Stavesacre21
12-12-2005, 08:50 AM
Might as well have been etched in stone then, right? lol

Apparently this fella was a lil wet behind the ears....I mean, come on...a young male comes in, DOESN'T have any personal info...and wants to test drive a 400HP beast...

duh.

nckissfan
12-12-2005, 08:54 AM
yeah, I agree there, and with a video camera

svtmc-g
12-13-2005, 10:02 AM
If that salesman didn't smell fish than he was a fool!I'm sure he smelled something burning.....like being fired.haha
I wouldn't have even flashed the keys to him.
I feel bad for the snake though...brand new and the motor not worn in? yikes!

Riversnake
12-13-2005, 01:38 PM
Yeah I call BS on that one....smells like a set up video to me. No license, at night, young guy wanting to drive a Cobra...? Dealers around here would have laughed at him.

Stavesacre21
12-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Yea, it seemed a lil obvious to me, but I'd just heard all through the hospital about this video...not sure if it's set-up or not. Could very-well go either way. Afterall, it was a young salesman. At any rate, I knew this would be the place to share such a find! :eek:

InfamousSVT
12-13-2005, 03:23 PM
Great video!

When I was looking at my Cobra, they didn't ask for any info when I went to test drive it..........But I didn't do stupid crap like that in it either. :p

dewone
12-14-2005, 08:58 AM
The salesman didn't even ask if the guy had a job. Let alone no license. Hit the road looser. You know you can't even afford to sit in that car. A freind test drove a Yamaha 550 years ago. Dumped it 100' down the road. No motorcycle endorsment on his license, the salesman didn't check it when he handed it to him. Boy was the salesman mad when he lost his job right then and there.

sssvtcobra
12-14-2005, 02:08 PM
yeah smells kind of fishy, but when I bought my '01 and the '04, I was never asked for a license, proof of insurance or anything. And I was 24 and 25 when I bought 'em. And I look like I'm 16, like I should be working at McDonalds :rotf: I didn't do anything stupid like that in it though. Although I did do 90mph when I test drove the '04, salesman didn't mind too much :D

Stavesacre21
12-14-2005, 08:00 PM
A freind test drove a Yamaha 550 years ago. Dumped it 100' down the road. No motorcycle endorsment on his license, the salesman didn't check it when he handed it to him.
Likely this isn't yur friend, but surprise....caught on tape AGAIN....someone who did the EXACT same thing. HECK....before he even left THE LOT. :rotf:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/dumbassbiker.html

dewone
12-15-2005, 08:19 AM
No my freind dumped it on some rocks on the pavement while turning around.
That idiot really pulled a smooth move there, bet his freinds are impressed. Gee even has the attire to prevent road rash, maybe he knew he was going down. Just had to find the right spot.

neckdemon
02-16-2006, 06:38 PM
that movie was a str8-up bs set-up video anyway. come on, how did they get the outside shot of the burnout?

Stavesacre21
02-18-2006, 01:17 AM
There was more then one person in the car at the beggining of the video. I wouldn't doubt it that they had more then one camera as well.

However, yur right to an extent that it does seem a lil questionable to an extent. I'd like to see what kinda salesman would let someone test drive a brand new 400HP monster to someone with no idea, and a video camera in their face yet to boot.

Real or not, i found this clip to be crazy...whatever the case :eek: