PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice on Paint Schemes

SuperG
12-13-2005, 10:23 AM
My '97 White Vert needs some paint repairs and I was thinking of adding some color so it stands out a bit...so far, my only idea is to paint the raised portion (or even more narrow) of the hood black, the spoiler black, and perhaps a black stripe at or near the bottom of the doors. I got this idea from a paint package offered by Ford for their Mach I a few years ago. The car I saw was red with the black, however, the black stripe down the hood was more narrow, since it basically outlined the opening on the shaker style hood.

I have been looking at pictures, but have not found too many to choose from.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

dewone
12-13-2005, 01:01 PM
Seen those also, however would like to suggest that you use the color of the aready existing pin stripeing. Can't see the color in the photo. My 97 White has a light brown stripeing on it. I'd use that for the new stripes.

SuperG
12-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Seen those also, however would like to suggest that you use the color of the aready existing pin stripeing. Can't see the color in the photo. My 97 White has a light brown stripeing on it. I'd use that for the new stripes.
Unfortunately, I think that's a shadow in the pic. I chose black as the "other" color, since the convertible is black.

dewone
12-14-2005, 08:46 AM
That would be great. I couldn't tell if you had pin stripes. Just wanted to keep the colors straight if you did. Black with the Black top will look sweet.:thumbsup: