PDA

View Full Version : Test Drove a 03..Wow

Pro52R
12-15-2005, 09:59 PM
Hello Fella's and Ladies,

I'm new to the forums....I know I don't own a stang yet but my plans are to own one.

Anyways on to the subject.

Awsome car. I cannot wait to have one w/ my name on it.

I BS'd the lady a lil so she'd take me for a spin. It may be some months before I am a owner..but hell i wanted a test drive NOW.

So I put the key in and here that badboy fire up. Boy is that clutch stiff. Like a damn dumptruck.

Anywho,wow. It was awsome driving that baby. If i had only one grief it was minor and thats how far the shifter is forward,but hey thats one small thing to the million awsome aspects of the car.

It just felt great hammering the throttle and goin threw the gears and to hear that Eaton just boosting was music to my ears. (just like turbo whistle)

Everytime i'd shift and let the clutch out it would sorta clunk in the drivetrain. Is this normal? Kinda felt loose (well its been awhile since i drove stick)

Anyways..All i ahve to say is i left satisfied. It sure as heck beats my 7700lb truck. I mean sure its fast (for those of you that know diesel's would agree..they are quick nowdays)

I left w/ an ear to ear grin. Fella's/Ladies w/ the 03-04...you own awsome cars. THey are works or art on wheels. I'm not typically a Blue Oval fan..but that sure is one Oval I WANT to own.

Anyways.Thanks for the great forum and awsome rides.

InfamousSVT
12-15-2005, 10:37 PM
Welcome to the forums!

The test drive is what got me to purchase mine......................you should drive/ride in one that is modified :D

Cobra4me
12-15-2005, 11:20 PM
good experience, kinda the same story as most of us on this site. If possible own one for your very own

SpikeMT
12-16-2005, 01:31 AM
I had a 2001 Cobra...320 horse. No supercharger. I loved it but I craved more.

I sold it and baught a 2003 Convertable Cobra(end of November 05). I live in New England and the weather has been pretty bad but I have driven my Cobra some.

I agree they are super fast. I take people for rides just to let them feel the awesome trust. Everyone loves the noise of the Supercharger.

I have owned and driven many fast cars but the '03 Cobra is like no other...

Get one, hold on and enjoy :) and Be safe...It is way to easy to hit 120mph+ Heck you can hit 110 in 3rd gear without a hint of power loss...

Steve

ausie
12-16-2005, 07:37 AM
When I test drove mine back in October 04, my first impressions were not all what I expected. I did not enjoy the test drive due to the sales person in the car with me (something did not seem right and felt that my 01 had more power) Needless to say I bought it anyway. After the break in period I learned the potential of this monster. Of course I want more but sometimes think that is unnecessary. I would just have to see what will happen with a pully and tune sooner or later. :D

blk04cobra1
12-16-2005, 09:03 AM
I'd have to agree with Ausie...I had already committed to mine when it arrived, but on the first few drives, I was disappointed...but then quickly realized it's potential and it made me grin from ear to ear :thumbsup:

Riversnake
12-16-2005, 10:19 AM
I suffered for weeks from grinache after getting my 03. Even told one of the guys at SVT there should be a warning sticker on these things due to the pain you go thru fom grinning all the time. :D

It would definately fuel your "Want" to take a ride in a CObra that has been lightly modded. Pulley, pipes, CAI, & tune makes them a whole other creature IMHO. :bounce:

Big T
12-16-2005, 11:33 PM
None of the dealers around New Orleans let you test drive the cobras. I had a 98 cobra and went in knowing I wanted it. I didn't even start the engine until I drove it off the lot. Needless to say I'm happy.

Pro52R
12-17-2005, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. Yes it was defintley a sweet ride. I too felt nervous w/ the sales lady in the car, but its all good

I was wondering is that clunk in the drivetrain normal?It seemed to do it hwne i let the clutch out.

I will hopefully join the SVT club in the next yr hopefully, btu now the ole lady say she gets a Tahoe if i get a Cobra..I say...haha Nice try

ausie
12-17-2005, 10:24 AM
I cannot say I was nervous when I test drove it, just irritated about the rants of getting into a wreck and that other test drivers usually drive much harder than I was driving. I had this impression that the sales person did not want to get into the car probably out of fear. Usually when I have a passenger that unsettled I drive conservatively. It was not until after I drove it home that I realized this thing would live up to my expectations. I had to return to the dealership the next day to swap wheels since I did not sell them the BBS wheels that were on the 01. It was not until after the wheels were swapped is when I noticed what was missing (tire grip). That same day I let a friend drive it while I sat in the passenger seat. Yep it does move. I was so used to launching the 01 hard that the acceleration of the 04 did not even phase me, that is until I had let some one else drive it. It just seems like with a little age it gets better.

Mirage
12-17-2005, 04:15 PM
Pro52R~ At least you had a chance to test drive one. When I purchased mine it was sight unseen. As a matter of fact the original color I wanted was discontinued so I had to choose another. The only reference I had was a Saleen the dealer had in the back. Not that it really mattered as the only option for the Cobra's were Chrome rims. That sure makes the decision easy. Never the less my '03 has been everything and then some of what I could have imagined it to be. Best of luck if you do decide to get one.

lorahcobra
12-26-2005, 05:18 PM
Pro52R, the "clunk" in the drive train is unique to SOME of the '03's. Haven't heard of it in an '04.