PDA

View Full Version : Back from the Motherland

Mephisto
12-16-2005, 10:28 AM
Well,

I am back from Germany. Trip was very good.

I did drive "around" the Nurburgring, as we visited several small villages in the area, but I did not actually drive on the ring. I had Kelley and the baby with me, and they were not interested. I will most likely go back next year, and should have the time.

I did get some quality AutoBahn time, so it was not a complete loss.

SuperG
12-16-2005, 11:08 AM
You mean Ze Fazerland! Autobahn's are fun aren't they!? Were you guys there for vacation? Do you have family there? I was born in Berlin (on the good side) and I have family in Munich and near Heidelberg.

My next trip there I will ask my uncle if I can borrow is beemer...I am still trying to decide if I should tell him that I plan on taking it for several laps around the Nurburgring with Hans-Joachim Stuck!

97CasperCobra
12-16-2005, 11:21 AM
welcome back Henry...glad you made it home safe and had a good time over there. :thumbsup:

msmap
12-16-2005, 11:36 AM
:hello: welcome back, glad you guys had a great trip!

Firme
12-16-2005, 12:04 PM
Glad you're back Henry :bounce:

:ttiwwop:

:D

Levi
12-16-2005, 12:29 PM
Did you get any sleep on the plain ride? Good youall are back and ok. :cool:

Just noticed, :o Correction,,, plane.

Mephisto
12-16-2005, 01:28 PM
Thanks guys. Glad to be back.

I went on business to a town near Dusseldorf (about 1 hour from the ring). I brought my wife and baby as a surprise Christmas gift so that she could go shopping in the local Christmas markets. We bought local crafts like the little wooden smoking figures and solid wooden childrens toys.

Baby was good on both plane trips but had trouble sleeping during the night when we were over there.

Yes, I debated whether I would drive my friends old VW camper van around the ring or go in a "ring taxi", which is a ride in a BMW M5.