PDA

View Full Version : Caster Camber Plates/Strut Tower Brace?

tomsgarage
12-16-2005, 11:42 AM
Hey Guys!

First off, MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

After the 1st of the year, if any money left over from Christmas, I am looking at installing Caster Camber Plates and a Strut Tower Brace on my 03 Cobra. I am looking for input as to who has the best bang for the buck for these items. I have been looking at Maximum Motorsports, Kenny Brown, Steeda, and who ever else you might suggest!

Thanks for your input, and see you at Carolina Motorsports Park in March :bounce:

NO 5 OH
12-17-2005, 12:28 AM
This will probably be a biased opinion... but here is my .02 e-cents ;)

Maximum Motorsports are in my opinion the best in the business at making a Mustang handle the best it possibly can. They use a four bolt design with a spherical bearing... and have a very wide range of adjustability. They also look the best on a car of all the others I have ever seen... you can even get them in chrome if "underhood bling" suits your taste :D

Their strut tower brace is also a very nice piece as well. I actually have one that I was going to sell soon if you're interested... it's brand new and never has been mounted on a car. I bought it and was going to install it... but the cold air kit I run wouldn't work with the strut tower brace (I run a JLT CAI) and I didn't want to give up my cold air kit for the brace. I'll let it go cheaper than what MM sells it for... and could possilby meet you part way since you're not that far off ;) Let me know if you're interested.

HTH,

Shannon

MidLifeC
12-17-2005, 10:30 AM
99% of the time strut tower braces are bling.

If you want to stiffen the car, use Maximum Motorsports full length subframe connectors, then the K-Member brace. Their 4 bolt C/C plates are quality and you will notice the difference.

KB's doors (as reported on other forum's) are (temporarily?) closed.
Brand S - don't get me started.

tomsgarage
12-17-2005, 12:25 PM
Shannon, I am interested in your strut tower brace, let me know what the part # is and how much you want for it. I will be in Spartanburg Tuesday, so let me know!

You can contact me thru this forum or, tomsgarage@aol.com

Thanks!

pdogkilr
12-18-2005, 03:16 PM
I agree. My '03 has the full length weld-ins, 4-point K brace, the caster-camber plates, and the strut tower brace. All quality stuff.

InfamousSVT
12-22-2005, 01:48 AM
Agreed, the MM C/C plates are the best, along with there SFC (weld in)

There really isn't a strut-tower brace that will work with many of the aftermarket CAI

I had mine custom made and painted to work with my S/C spacing, CAI, and C/C plates :thumbsup:

This is the one that Shannon has - # MMSTB-7

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/images/large/STB7large.jpg

blk04cobra1
12-22-2005, 08:21 AM
agreed...the only reason im running the steeda 3-bolts is b/c they came with my turbo kit...will probably upgrade to the MM 4-bolts soon and sell the 3-bolts.

lorahcobra
12-26-2005, 03:53 PM
Most good quality (name brand) CC plates are adequate depending on how much you are planning on modifying you chassis/suspension. If you plan to lower it (and who doesn't), or do some track duty, I would recommend the MM...they are quite a bit stronger than the rest. :thumbsup:

tomsgarage
12-27-2005, 02:40 PM
Ok Guys, thanks for your replys! The MM Caster Camber Plates are on the way!

Now another question. I am using the car for On Track Events such as CMP, and I am wondering what kind of settings I should use for the front end and rear end. Now keep in mind I will be driving to the track, and I will be using street tires for now.

Again, thanks for the replys!

beerkat
12-28-2005, 09:31 AM
The MM C/C plates come with recommendations for street and track.