PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice

Cobra G
12-16-2005, 05:14 PM
I have just purchased a 2004 Mystichrome from someone. I won't actually have the car in my possession until next week sometime. The guy I'm buying it from started to put eibach lowering springs on it, but never finished. He installed the back springs and said it was to much hassle to install the front ones. This car is about 180 miles from where I live and I'll be driving it back home. The guy I'm getting my car from said the back springs didn't lower the car at all. My concern is will me driving it 180 miles with just the back springs mess anything up in my car? I will be taking to a shop to get the front springs installed along with subframes when I get back to Austin. Will the car be okay to make this trip or should I have the springs installed somewhere closer?

Cobra G
12-17-2005, 12:41 AM
I'm also a little confused of why the springs didn't lower the car any. The guy I'm buying my car from said that this seems to be a problem with the eibach's and that to actually have them lower the car you need to cut out a ring in the spring. Has anyone else had this problem?

beerkat
12-17-2005, 10:04 AM
If it was me and I had doubts. I would find a way to trailer the car to someone I trusted to do the work and check what the other guy did.:thumbsup:

ausie
12-17-2005, 10:41 AM
I would almost think not but then rememberd the IRS has toe adjustment by fixed tie rods. If the car is sitting a bit lower or if when the spring settles while driving it back, the toe in or out may change and throw off the wheel alignment. If the alignment in the rear is off, it may chew the tires up in a short distance. More than likely nothing bad would happen unless the install was messed up. I am with beerkat on that one.

Cobra4me
12-17-2005, 11:22 AM
I agree with the other guys. I have had Eibach on my 01 they do lower the car but not as much as other springs. I think it is uncool for someone to start a mod and not complete the job> I hope you got a good deal, Congrats on your new ridel

kilroy
12-17-2005, 12:07 PM
Be sure & get the OEM springs, too...

Congrats on buying the purdy one:cool:

Cobra G
12-17-2005, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the tips, the car is currently located in the Arlington, TX area. If anyone on here is familier with that area do you know of any places I could have this done? Also how long does it usually take to have the springs installed?

FearTheSnake
12-17-2005, 06:10 PM
the Mystichrome :thumbsup: I know I do. you'll get tons of compliments as well. Had mine 2 yrs next month and still look at it like its new. Course my Fiance thinks I'm crazy cause I'll spend all afternoon detailing it and still just walk around it watching the paint change colors.

I would recommend either the Zaino products or Meguairs Tech wax for up keep.

Congrats on your purchase! and be prepared to grin like a baby from ear to ear for a while.