PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice

Cobra G
12-18-2005, 01:40 PM
I have just purchased a 2004 Mystichrome from someone. I won't actually have the car in my possession until next week sometime. The guy I'm buying it from started to put eibach lowering springs on it, but never finished. He installed the back springs and said it was to much hassle to install the front ones. This car is about 180 miles from where I live and I'll be driving it back home. The guy I'm getting my car from said the back springs didn't lower the car at all. My concern is will me driving it 180 miles with just the back springs mess anything up in my car? I will be taking to a shop to get the front springs installed along with subframes when I get back to Austin. Will the car be okay to make this trip or should I have the springs installed somewhere closer?

I'm also a little confused of why the springs didn't lower the car any. The guy I'm buying my car from said that this seems to be a problem with the eibach's and that to actually have them lower the car you need to cut out a ring in the spring. Has anyone else had this problem?

97CasperCobra
12-18-2005, 05:27 PM
first off...the springs need some time to settle to drop the car a little more. The front springs aren't hard at all to swap out...probably easier than the rears. If you want we can do it over a weekend if you have time.....and save you some $$$.

Driving with just the rear springs won't hurt the car at all....let us know when you get into town(I'm assuming you live in Houston and go to school in Austin???).

kencobra
12-19-2005, 09:38 AM
Though I had a shop install my Steeda springs, the fronts are much easier than the rear in IRS cars. From what I have read this has been the trouble with Eibach springs . Do not cut the springs as this will mess up the geometry and make the ride worse.

Let us know what you decide to do. :)

Cobra G
12-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the advice, I was never planning on cutting the springs, that's simply what I've heard as a solution. I'm going to be picking the car up on Wednesday. 97CasperCobra, that would be awesome if you could help me get the springs and subframes installed. However I don't live in Houston, but I do make trips down there periodically.

97CasperCobra
12-19-2005, 03:22 PM
97CasperCobra, that would be awesome if you could help me get the springs and subframes installed. However I don't live in Houston, but I do make trips down there periodically.

I couldn't do the subframes, you'd have to go to a shop to have them welded in. The front springs are not a problem, let me know when you're coming into town and I'll check my schedule and see what we can work out. :thumbsup:

Cobra G
12-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Awesome I'll keep you posted. Where at in Houston do you live?
I couldn't do the subframes, you'd have to go to a shop to have them welded in. The front springs are not a problem, let me know when you're coming into town and I'll check my schedule and see what we can work out. :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
12-19-2005, 03:29 PM
Awesome I'll keep you posted. Where at in Houston do you live?

I'm in The Woodlands, up about 40 miles North of Houston. :thumbsup:

Maybe Jimmy will come out as well and meet a fellow Mystichrome owner. :D

msmap
12-19-2005, 04:54 PM
I just had subframes welded on my pace car at Slater's. He charged me $197.00, does great, neat work :thumbsup: