PDA

View Full Version : Check it out!!!!!!!!!

WVSNS&
12-22-2005, 08:45 PM
This is the body of the email I got from someone today in reference to my 01 for sale;

Hello, how are you? Is it possible to take over payments or you and I work out a legal promissory note for if not what is the lowest you will take? I have done a note before and I have a reference Thanks and God Bless! I'll pay 420+ a month for the first month or so, then will pay 600. If your wondering why I'm asking about this it's due to the fact I will be purchasing a new home in the near future and another auto loan could deny my mortgage, however I got an attorney you can email and ask any questions,ect, Thanks again.

What do you all think?

john in va beach

93KingCobra
12-22-2005, 09:11 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RF Cobra
12-22-2005, 10:02 PM
Sounds like he's getting things too tight for his budget if he's worried about not being able to qualify for a mortgage if he gets a loan to buy the car.

Personally, I wouldn't do it if I were you.

nckissfan
12-22-2005, 10:37 PM
sounds like a lot of psycho-legal mumbo jumbo. Run away, far away.:thumbsup:

cobrabitn
12-23-2005, 12:44 AM
I'm sorry but if this guy doesn't have the $$ to buy the car then go on to the next person. Don't set yourself up for aggrevation and worry. Sell it to someone that can get a bank loan and pay you off when you surrender the title.

tazzracing1
12-23-2005, 03:57 AM
This is a scam. I have heard of this going on before and you would do is loose the car. I would report it to the police see what they have to say.

WVSNS&
12-23-2005, 09:53 AM
We received a counterfeit cashiers check last year for the purchase of one of our trucks. The scam was somewhat familiar to this. The nigerians in san antonio wanted sent me a check for the truck, then wanted me to send part of the money to another person who was alledgedly going to pick up the vehicle for the buyers "client". We found out the check was a stolen counterfeit from a bank in the midwest before it was a problem. No money was lost. I still have a beef with it though. Our government does not really want to deal with it unless you personally lose twenty five thousand dollars. Very distressing. I consider the scam to be an act of terrorism against our country and our citizens. I have strong opinions.

john

ausie
12-23-2005, 12:23 PM
It sounds like BS. It sounds like the person wants to buy it for $420.00. Give that person an altermatim. Cash in full no exceptions.

puzzle13
12-23-2005, 08:19 PM
I had put a Tahoe up for sale on the internet and received the same thing ... we will send you a check, please send difference to this person and our guy will pick-up the vehicle, god bless. When I started asking questions and wanted details the emails started coming. Apparently they try to send you a bogus check hoping you will send the "overpayment" to whomever and then you never see anyone again. You lose anyway it goes.

Pro52R
12-23-2005, 11:57 PM
don't you just love how they add God Bless to there mix?

Just makes real believers look bad.

BTW...sounds like some BS...i'd run away

john_anch_ak
12-27-2005, 05:33 PM
No, No, and No, cash up front only, anything else is BS. Even if he is on the up and up you don't want to mess with it. What happens if he wrecks it and then walks away? You would be stuck without the car and without the money.
Just my 2 cents worth.

WVSNS&
12-27-2005, 11:34 PM
Have sent the author the cash in person price. No bargaining. If the attempt is not genuine I will email gw again, but not expect anything. We'll see what happens.

john