PDA

View Full Version : 1600hp 8sec Street Driven TT Cobra?BS?

Pro52R
12-23-2005, 11:22 PM
Hey Fella's

Wondering...could that be any bit true?

I am just getting into the Mustang scene so i don't know much.

But there's a guy talk alot of shyt and i think its gotta be BS..

So i come here to uncover the truth. Can this be for real?You guys are the stang master's

So here it is.

98 TT Cobra runnin low 8's@166mph w/ no cage full interior,and makes 1600rwhp and is stgreet driven.

It sounds kinda strange to me ...so please enlighten me.

BTW..here's a link to the thread.

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217330&page=7&pp=30

smashedheadcat
12-24-2005, 12:20 AM
I've seen the video's of that car. While it may be pretty mean, it's nowhere near 1600HP. It will not run 8's and it definately won't be going 166. If it was anywhere near that power, it would be in the low 7's at 190ish. This car the guy speaks of is nice, but his claims on power/times are bogus.

ausie
12-24-2005, 10:58 AM
Perhaps this person has seen the calculators in the modular fords web site, could be bogus or realistic. With a 166mph trap speed, horse power would be approximately 1300. Assuming the total weight of the vehicle is 3600lbs (including driver) you would get an 8.17 ET. Based on the ET and if the motor does produce the 1600hp, either it is driver error or he has an additional 1500lbs of added weight.

I do not know of any NHRA sanctioned track that would allow a vehicle without a roll cage, external engine kill switch, etc.... running at that speed. However, anything is possible. Just about every track I have gone to requires full inspection of the vehicle. After a run like that you will get pulled off the track for immediate inspection and if the vehicle does not conform to the safety requirements mandated in the NHRA rule book based on ET or horsepower you will be asked to leave. Some tracks may allow it but most will not for safety reasons.

http://www.modularfords.com/calculators.php?c=4

Pro52R
12-24-2005, 04:34 PM
you've gotta see the thread..this kid seems to be a wise guy

he has all these pics and stuff and vids. But none at the track. So i'll need some track vids before i belive anything.

also if you look at the vids it don't look like its doin 166mph

svtmc-g
12-24-2005, 06:34 PM
I honestly just don't get any of that whole thread. "yo dawg...I be putting 400hp to the FRONT wheels". This is a trend that needs to die. It makes a mockery of what hp and racing is about. Sorry, I'm just old school by nature I guess. I know things have changed and lots of these people have some serous machines...but 4 cylinders and front wheel horsepower is just plain lame...buy a real car that at LEAST turns at the rear wheels. Sorry for the rant on this thread:-) I tries the vid links and it didn't work..
Mc-G