PDA

View Full Version : Spifire Update

spitfire
12-24-2005, 04:26 PM
Well, the car is back in the body shop. News is that that the car is going to be completely sanded down and completly re-painted, and then the new flames and Cobras airbrushed on. Apparently the original work was so bad that it all has to removed and started over! :( :( :(
But hopefully this time will look show worthy! :eek: :eek: :eek:
So I am sure Spitfire will be out of commission for another three months! :mad: :mad:
Slaters has the Spec 2 clutch waiting to install when I get the car back.
Then will have to take her to the 1/4 mile and see how she does!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!!!! :cheers: :hatparty: :thumbsup:

Cobra G
12-24-2005, 04:57 PM
That's really shitty man, hope all works out for the best.

97CasperCobra
12-24-2005, 05:24 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that all that time and effort you put into that car was pretty much for nothing. I hope these guys treat you and the car well. Keep us updated and let us know when you're going to the track. I'd love to take some pictures of that beaut going down the track. :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
12-24-2005, 08:52 PM
Sorry to hear that...
A suggestion though for the longevity of your SWEET RIDE!!!
With a clutch job coming up soon ... I recommend getting the LDC left head cooling mod ordered...hopefully it will be in before the trans gets pulled(currently out of stock)

This mod helps keep the coolant turned over in the overly HOT left head of 32 VALVE DOHC FORDS.

LINKIES--> http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php3?t=3040

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2003-2004-svt-cobra-terminator/ldc-chicago-cooling-mod-kit-is-ready-24580.html

http://ldcchicago.com/products_CM.htm

:thumbsup:

spitfire
12-25-2005, 02:03 AM
Sorry to hear that...
A suggestion though for the longevity of your SWEET RIDE!!!
With a clutch job coming up soon ... I recommend getting the LDC left head cooling mod ordered...hopefully it will be in before the trans gets pulled(currently out of stock)

This mod helps keep the coolant turned over in the overly HOT left head of 32 VALVE DOHC FORDS.

Jimmy, You are so full of information! I never knew about this! I have ordered the parts, I also ordered the clutch dead spacer. Because I plan on installing the adjustable clutch cable and Quadrant. Thanks for the information! And yes I hope to keep my Snake well beyond the 3 years or 36,000 miles! :thumbsup:
Thanks Jimmy!

97CasperCobra
12-25-2005, 01:10 PM
Jimmy, You are so full of information!

That he is....a WELL of information!!! If I were to open up my own shop I'd have Jimmy as one of the head mechanics.... :thumbsup:

Carl G
12-25-2005, 01:35 PM
Good luck Chuck on the paint. Being without the car is the hard part. Keep us informed and let us know who is doing the paint. Good paint shops are hard to come by.

msmap
12-25-2005, 02:10 PM
Good Luck this time around, Chuck! Sucks that you got the royal screw job the first time, not to mention the $$$ part of it :(